Division V State Semifinal: Kirtland (13-0) vs. Oak Harbor (13-0)

Who wins?

• Kirtland by 15+

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Kirtland by 8-14

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Kirtland by 1-7

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Oak Harbor by 1-7

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Oak Harbor by 8-14

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Oak Harbor by 15+

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elyria is a beautiful facility but the visitors side is not big enough for this one. Unless the OHSAA is cool with bleed over into the home side.

How’s Kirtland’s QB? Orrville’s had a bad night missing lots of open receivers.

any word on confirmed location? can’t help but think it’s Elyria. i think North Ridgeville would be the perfect location here, just look at the stadium! also right off 80

any word on confirmed location? can’t help but think it’s Elyria. i think North Ridgeville would be the perfect location here, just look at the stadium! also right off 80
I’m thinking the fairest locations would be Lorain, Elyria, or North Ridgeville. No reason the game shouldn’t be at either of those three as those seem to be equidistant & should be able to hold both crowds. Although I heard somewhere on here that Elyria’s away stands are small. Nevertheless I’m not one to go crazy over where games are played...

I’m thinking the fairest locations would be Lorain, Elyria, or North Ridgeville. No reason the game shouldn’t be at either of those three as those seem to be equidistant & should be able to hold both crowds. Although I heard somewhere on here that Elyria’s away stands are small. Nevertheless I’m not one to go crazy over where games are played...
I hope N Ridgeville. Elyria is tough to get too and navigate thru unless you come up from the southern part of town.

The Hornet Stat Crew just tweeted out that it’s at Strongsville next Saturday. Assuming that’s a shorter drive for Kirtland, no?

There are no rules on where you have to sit.
When Marion local play CJ 3 or 4 years ago. we filled up the visitors side really fast, then some went to the general admission area on the home side. They were told they couldnt sit there. So some stadiums have rules i guess...

When Marion local play CJ 3 or 4 years ago. we filled up the visitors side really fast, then some went to the general admission area on the home side. They were told they couldnt sit there. So some stadiums have rules i guess...

Some facilities don’t allow it because their is an increased chance of tempers flaring up in the stands between fans.

I've never heard of that. Seems silly they'd even be looking at who is who.

I'd agree with the above notion of a 35-31 type game. Both are great teams. Also, no one said Or(r)ville would roll over Oak Harbor, but some sure did think that one player was better than a whole team worth of players. ;)

Good luck to both squads.