Division V State Final: AP #2 Ironton (11-0) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (10-0)

Ironton or Kirtland?

• Ironton by 15+

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Ironton by 7-14

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Ironton by 1-6

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Kirtland by 1-6

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Kirtland by 7-14

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • Kirtland by 15+

Votes: 28 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going to ahead and begin eating my Crow. I really thought this would be close but it isn’t. Hats off to Kirtland

I don't have a horse in this race, but was at the Ironton v RB game last night and Ironton barely escaped with that win. Imo, they play like that against Kirtland, they'll get crushed. 3 fumbles lost and well over 100yds in penalties won't win many games period. Ironton better clean it up.

Hmmm....reckon Ironton didn't get it cleaned up. Damn shame...

2019- Kirtland best player was a non contributor due to last minute injury & they came within a DB slip of shutout
2020- Healthy & No DBs slipped

How is it possible for Tiger to coach games with no headphones - with no communication, apparently, with his coaching assistants up top?

Does another K coach call the offensive plays? Someone else call the defensive formations?

How is it possible for Tiger to coach games with no headphones - with no communication, apparently, with his coaching assistants up top?

Does another K coach call the offensive plays? Someone else call the defensive formations?
Before you drive the bus, you make sure the right people are on the bus.

Just to put this out there. Tomorrow morning at 10am the under class man for Kirtland will be in weight room getting ready for the 2021 season.

38-0 - Amazing, unless you know Kirtland and how they prepare. They were smaller and did not have 5 D1 level kids - but they pushed the Tigers all over the field.

These kids come from a small town where the elementary, middle and high school is all connected. NOBODY in Ohio lifts more then these kids. I'm not even sure anybody lifts equally. I think I heard they do like 350+ days a year doing some kind of weight or speed training. No open enrollment and NO RECRUITING. If you watch the youth kids on the weekends and then the freshman and JV teams - it's the same kids you see on varsity.

The freshman and JV teams schedule the likes of Massillon, Ed's, Iggy, etc - unheard of. The center today was giving up 100lbs and dominated - the line gave up an average 75lbs a kid and the little Hornets wore those kids out.

There are plenty more kids coming up as well. Some really talented classes. Hats off to the Hornets for not only representing NE Ohio but for doing it the right way - with class. I bet you there will be 50+ kids lifting tomorrow AM, just like last year.

38-0 - Amazing, unless you know Kirtland and how they prepare. They were smaller and did not have 5 D1 level kids - but they pushed the Tigers all over the field.

These kids come from a small town where the elementary, middle and high school is all connected. NOBODY in Ohio lifts more then these kids. I'm not even sure anybody lifts equally. I think I heard they do like 350+ days a year doing some kind of weight or speed training. No open enrollment and NO RECRUITING. If you watch the youth kids on the weekends and then the freshman and JV teams - it's the same kids you see on varsity.

The freshman and JV teams schedule the likes of Massillon, Ed's, Iggy, etc - unheard of. The center today was giving up 100lbs and dominated - the line gave up an average 75lbs a kid and the little Hornets wore those kids out.

There are plenty more kids coming up as well. Some really talented classes. Hats off to the Hornets for not only representing NE Ohio but for doing it the right way - with class. I bet you there will be 50+ kids lifting tomorrow AM, just like last year.
Just to put this out there. Tomorrow morning at 10am the under class man for Kirtland will be in weight room getting ready for the 2021 season.

There was a time before Tiger got there that several kids would have gone and did go to Benedictine, VASJ and Mentor Lake Catholic. Not now.

Also in this years opener Kirtland took D4 Finalist Lake Catholic to the woodshed - it was 31-0 before subs came in.

Last edited:
For Ironton to have a chance, they needed to play a flawless game and Kirtland needed to play poorly (which they never do). The exact opposite happened.
If Ironton is ever going to get over the hump, they need to clean things up. As disciplined as they are in their training and effort, they are that undisciplined on the field - so many penalties and turnovers. Obviously, give credit to Kirtland for forcing some of those turnovers. Some were just the result of sloppy play, though. Congrats Kirtland.

Also in this years opener Kirtland took D4 Finalist Lake Catholic to the woodshed - it was 31-0 before subs came in.

Your a buffoon. You must really be steaming with Lake in the state championship tomorrow. Especially since your beloved Vikings made such a great move getting rid of Sowers for Elvis. Thinks not going to well in Viking Village I hear?

Congratulations to Kirtland on the impressive win.