• Norwood - 2-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brookville - 8-3

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Greenon - 6-4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What does records from 5/6 years ago prove. Those kids are gone do the kids this year really compare to those teams only time will tell.
He was saying VV lived in the past … I was suggesting he look at recent years say the last 5-6 years to show him they’ve been pretty good lately (last year exclusion at 5-6) . I also forgot to mention how Bob Skidmore was Miami Valley Coaches Associations D4 Coach of the year 4 out of 5 years which should tell you about the program as other coaches see it . Not trying to brag . Stating facts

He was saying VV lived in the past … I was suggesting he look at recent years say the last 5-6 years to show him they’ve been pretty good lately (last year exclusion at 5-6) . I also forgot to mention how Bob Skidmore was Miami Valley Coaches Associations D4 Coach of the year 4 out of 5 years which should tell you about the program as other coaches see it . Not trying to brag . Stating facts
Skid is absolutely great. No doubt, but if I'm him, I'm calling up to New Madison and getting my QB back

Skid is absolutely great. No doubt, but if I'm him, I'm calling up to New Madison and getting my QB back
Love Braden Keating absolutely a phenomenal kid . VVs current QB Caden Henson who will be a Jr is an athletic freak . I hear they’re teaching him how to be a QB . Allegedly he’s the most “talented” QB they’ve had in a while and they’ve had some good ones .

Love Braden Keating absolutely a phenomenal kid . VVs current QB Caden Henson who will be a Jr is an athletic freak . I hear they’re teaching him how to be a QB . Allegedly he’s the most “talented” QB they’ve had in a while and they’ve had some good ones .
Hope so. VV playbook is big. Athleticism will beat Carlisle and Madison, It wont beat Coldwater. So hopefully he learns fast

Northeastern is my sleeper team. I don't see Clark Montessori making the playoffs.
Northeastern will be much improved, could go 7-3/8-2. i don’t see them ever winning more than a game in the playoffs. they don’t have the experience playing in super competitive, playoff atmosphere games. however, i think they could steal a game if they end up in the 7-10 seed range. but they probably won’t be competitive with the top tier.

Last edited:
I love the fact that this Spartan fan feels so confident in his program, and I do believe he is a coach, that he has to get on here and defend them. No one on here is questioning the program at VV, but every defeat they take is always because of some bad coach, play or the other team cheating. If roles were reversed, you would be spouting off about how VV would kill everyone and win state. No MU fan is doing that. Pearce is an acquaintance of mine due to my son playing for him.
When you realize that your 3 state titles came at a time when the playoffs had been expanded and you benefitted, you will realize that there are many other programs that could have the same record had the playoffs been that way before 1990 (Jefferson, Northmont, Bellbrook, Franklin, Brookville, Milton, Covington, Miami East). MU has a sterling football history as does VV, but we do not have the state titles, and for that, I have always tipped my hat whether to VV or Versailles, etc. (our old SRC rivals). Difference in Versailles and VV fans are the Tiger fans never felt the need to demean the opponent and boast about themselves. They just lined up and whipped you on the field.
Milton has built a great program under Pearce, one that has won numerous league titles, had many all-state award winners, playoff victories, and one young man make it to the NFL. You think state titles are the only thing that define excellence, and that's why Valley View hasn't won anything of significance in decades. By the way, Milton was successful winning across the board vs. much better programs than Valley View. Had more NFL players, College Football Hall of Fame inductees and overall program success over a much longer time than Valley View. (Versailles comes to mind)
Milton and it's coaching would rather spend time studying the best (Valley View, Versailles, Marion Local, Coldwater) than get on here and defend the program. They don't have to defend Milton Football.
I only wish Spartan fans had the class that the MAC fans have. If MU faced off with Versailles this year, I could tell you that they would not think one minute about their state championship last year. They would say, "we are defined by the current, not the past". that is why the MAC continues to kick and the SWBL does not. The TRC is a decent league with some great programs including Covington. They are in a down-cycle. Is it on-par with the SWBL SW Division? No, but those schools are much bigger.
I think VV people like to romanticize the reactions of other programs when the other programs are motivated more by playing a quality program like Valley View.
"Pride commeth before a fall". It would be foolish for me to predict a score or outcome to this game in June. Just sayin,

All this talk about MU and VV. No sense. Prebble Shawnee went to regional final last year and returns a ton, Brookville beat VV by 14 and beat MU in scrimmage last year. More wide open than you think

All this talk about MU and VV. No sense. Prebble Shawnee went to regional final last year and returns a ton, Brookville beat VV by 14 and beat MU in scrimmage last year. More wide open than you think
i’m not putting any stock into a scrimmage. Brookville lost to a very average Williamsburg team, which Preble Shawnee beat by 55 the following week. Milton returns everyone, and Valley View is a perennial contender who should restore its tradition this year. Preble Shawnee will be right in the mix, but when’s the last time they’ve beaten Milton or Valley View?

Scrimmage? PS will be good. Milton returns 3 all staters. 8 total returning starters and most of the other returning kids played a lot. You think Shawnee would have beat MU or Eaton last year? Try to give some stats or facts, not just conjecture. Remember, MU and VV played in Division IV last year. Milton had a nice win over Indian Hill 33-0.
I’m open to discussing PS and their prowess.

Scrimmage? PS will be good. Milton returns 3 all staters. 8 total returning starters and most of the other returning kids played a lot. You think Shawnee would have beat MU or Eaton last year? Try to give some stats or facts, not just conjecture. Remember, MU and VV played in Division IV last year. Milton had a nice win over Indian Hill 33-0.
I’m open to discussing PS and their prowess.
MU and Eaton were good last year. PS would've contended well with them but I don't think they would have beaten either team. For the simple fact as PS had 25 players on team.. when they are out of gas, no one comes in to help. I expect numbers to be higher this year since the success last year but no one that going to move the needle right away

PS always had potential, but the change in coaches so frequently hurt them.
You're correct. They had some great coaches in the 90's. But politics got in the way. Jim Zebrowski ( Currently QB coach at Kansas), Landon Fox ( Current HC at Valparaiso) to name a few top assistants. I will say this, Dave Maddox is the perfect fit, he is a great leader and kids really like him.

Why is a moderator trying to dox someone?
Not trying to dox, just stating opinion. Being a mod doesn’t mean I give up my ability to state opinion and have an input. I have no idea who is a coach and who isn’t.

Last edited:
I love the fact that this Spartan fan feels so confident in his program, and I do believe he is a coach, that he has to get on here and defend them. No one on here is questioning the program at VV, but every defeat they take is always because of some bad coach, play or the other team cheating. If roles were reversed, you would be spouting off about how VV would kill everyone and win state. No MU fan is doing that. Pearce is an acquaintance of mine due to my son playing for him.
When you realize that your 3 state titles came at a time when the playoffs had been expanded and you benefitted, you will realize that there are many other programs that could have the same record had the playoffs been that way before 1990 (Jefferson, Northmont, Bellbrook, Franklin, Brookville, Milton, Covington, Miami East). MU has a sterling football history as does VV, but we do not have the state titles, and for that, I have always tipped my hat whether to VV or Versailles, etc. (our old SRC rivals). Difference in Versailles and VV fans are the Tiger fans never felt the need to demean the opponent and boast about themselves. They just lined up and whipped you on the field.
Milton has built a great program under Pearce, one that has won numerous league titles, had many all-state award winners, playoff victories, and one young man make it to the NFL. You think state titles are the only thing that define excellence, and that's why Valley View hasn't won anything of significance in decades. By the way, Milton was successful winning across the board vs. much better programs than Valley View. Had more NFL players, College Football Hall of Fame inductees and overall program success over a much longer time than Valley View. (Versailles comes to mind)
Milton and it's coaching would rather spend time studying the best (Valley View, Versailles, Marion Local, Coldwater) than get on here and defend the program. They don't have to defend Milton Football.
I only wish Spartan fans had the class that the MAC fans have. If MU faced off with Versailles this year, I could tell you that they would not think one minute about their state championship last year. They would say, "we are defined by the current, not the past". that is why the MAC continues to kick and the SWBL does not. The TRC is a decent league with some great programs including Covington. They are in a down-cycle. Is it on-par with the SWBL SW Division? No, but those schools are much bigger.
I think VV people like to romanticize the reactions of other programs when the other programs are motivated more by playing a quality program like Valley View.
"Pride commeth before a fall". It would be foolish for me to predict a score or outcome to this game in June. Just sayin,

I agree with much of this statement but I would like to know how you feel that VV benefited from the playoffs expanding? They were number in computer points in the region every year they won a state title. They were a top 4 seed every time they made the playoffs until the late 90’s I believe.
MU has a well respected program and I personally would like to see them still in the SWBL. Hopefully we will get to see 2 matchups between them this year.

Just that the expansion allowed many schools in that would have never been in before. Back in the old SWBL before 1982, MU was one of the biggest schools in the SWBL. After 1974, only Greenville was bigger. I think the fact that most SWBL schools back then were d4 hurt Milton. I can tell you that in the 70s, only Northmont won more games than MU and they were AAA and our rivals.
I was directing most of that towards that poster and not Valley View in general. I have a huge respect for their program and the accomplishments made there.
They still define success in the SWBL. I am pumped for this year to see if the Dogs have what it takes to play on the level that Valley View plays. I believe we haven’t beaten a VV team with a winning record since 2005 and haven’t beaten them at GTown since 2006. You are a great poster for VV, the other guy just hit on some nerves. Much respect to the Spartans.

It's July 12, 2022

IUDOGS: DIVISION V, REGION 20

Who's going to win Region 20 ??

What is your TOP EIGHT like in Region 20 ??

01. Batavia Clermont Northeastern

02. Blanchester

03. Brookville

04. Camden Preble Shawnee

05. Carlisle

06. Casstown Miami East

07. Chillicothe Zane Trace

08. Cincinnati Clark Montessori

09. Cincinnati Finneytown

10. Cincinnati James N Gamble Montessori

11. Cincinnati Madeira

12. Cincinnati Mariemont

13. Cincinnati North Collge Hill

14. Cincinnati Purcell - Marian

15. Cincinnati Summit Country Day

16. Edon Greenon

17. Germantown Valley View

18. Jamestown Greenview

19. Middletown Madison Senior

20. Norwood

21. Sabina East Clinton

22. Springfield Northeastern

23. Springfield Northwestern

24. Waynesville

25. Williamsport Westfall

26. West Milton - Union

IUDOGS PICKS:

WEST MILTON - UNION to win Region 20

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT
(not in order)

1. West Milton - Union

2. Camden Preble Shawnee

3. Germantown Valley View

4. Brookville

5. Chillicothe Zane Trace

6. Cincinnati Mariemont

7. Springfield Northeastern

8. Jamestown Greenview

:unsure: :cool: :p :) :banana:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:
Well, looking at the poll, My pick is MU to win it and the top 8 would be: MU, Valley View, Shawnee, Brookville, Waynesville, Brookville, and then I'd add Carlisle, Greeneview.
I'm not sure about Waynesville, they have had a rough time lately. I do think Zane Trace might be a surprise this year.

I thought this poster was being serious.

Last edited:
It's July 12, 2022

IUDOGS: DIVISION V, REGION 20

Who's going to win Region 20 ??

What is your TOP EIGHT like in Region 20 ??

Winner of Region: Milton Union
Top 4:Milton Union, VV, Preble Shawnee, Greenview

Bottom 4: Finneytown, Middletown Madison, Clermont NE, North College Hill

Well, looking at the poll, My pick is MU to win it and the top 8 would be: MU, Valley View, Shawnee, Brookville, Waynesville, Brookville, and then I'd add Carlisle, Greeneview.
I'm not sure about Waynesville, they have had a rough time lately. I do think Zane Trace might be a surprise this year.

I thought this poster was being serious.
Does Carlisle even have anything left from that playoff team last year only league game I see them winning is Madison maybe.

Does Carlisle even have anything left from that playoff team last year only league game I see them winning is Madison maybe.
i could see them going 5-5 with wins against Twin Valley South, Northridge, Miami East, Madison, Waynesville

Miami East and Waynesville are tossups to me

i agree completely with IUDOGS top 8 for the region. i’m fairly confident that those are the 8 best teams.