Division IV State Semifinal: Clyde (9-4) vs. Wyoming (13-0)

Who wins?

• Clyde by 15+

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Clyde by 8-14

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Clyde by 1-7

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Wyoming by 1-7

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Wyoming by 8-14

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Wyoming by 15+

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I’m pretty sure St. Henry in 2004 is the only 8 seed to ever win state. Could Clyde do it this year? Doubt it. Who knows though.

The only team that could slow down Wyoming this year was Mount Healthy because they had the athletes to slow down Prater. There are no teams like that left in D4. Wyoming rolls.

Marysville? what in the world? this would have been perfect for Wapakoneta. well now that i look at it on the map, it’s pretty dang central. it’s just a weird drive for Clyde. Map wise, Wapakoneta is SLIGHTLY better, but Marysville surprisingly works well

People that have seen Wyoming the last 2 years, is their team almost just as good this year, compared to last year?

People that have seen Wyoming the last 2 years, is their team almost just as good this year, compared to last year?
Hard to say..statistically they have been just as dominant as they were last year. They lost some unbelievable players and have seem to have completely reloaded. Their passing attack is not nearly as dynamic as it was last year, but they have more options in the run game this year. Some of the first year starters have really started to play well over the last month. There's plenty of praise to go around but the new strength program they put in a few years ago looks to be paying big dividends.

After Wyoming's win last week against VV, I think DIV is once again theirs for the taking. Prater is a great player and they have a really nice team defense. I'll go with:

Wyoming 35
Clyde 14

Marysville? what in the world? this would have been perfect for Wapakoneta. well now that i look at it on the map, it’s pretty dang central. it’s just a weird drive for Clyde. Map wise, Wapakoneta is SLIGHTLY better, but Marysville surprisingly works well

I feel they didn’t do Wapak because for Wyoming that is just a straight shot up 75, while Clyde would have to do a little bit of maneuvering. I guess they wanted both teams to have an equal struggle to Marysville lol.

Nah. Running clock for Wyoming

Prater & Company roll back to the finals

Wyoming 34
Clyde 7

Alot of you posters are not overly educated in Clyde.....I think this game is going to be alot closer than most think. Wyoming has a stud QB in Prater, but Clyde has played bigger schools all year their record is not as bad as you think. Clyde has a very rich football history...They have won a state title and have always been d2/d3 in the past....they are now playing down.....Not saying they will win, but if your giving me a 30 point spead i would bet the house on clyde

Sandusky- D3 regional final
Tiffin Columbian- D3 Playoff Team
Norwalk- D3 playoff team
St. Francis- D2 Playoff Team

Those 4 teams are all better than anyone Wyoming has played....

Alot of you posters are not overly educated in Clyde.....I think this game is going to be alot closer than most think. Wyoming has a stud QB in Prater, but Clyde has played bigger schools all year their record is not as bad as you think. Clyde has a very rich football history...They have won a state title and have always been d2/d3 in the past....they are now playing down.....Not saying they will win, but if your giving me a 30 point spead i would bet the house on clyde

Sandusky- D3 regional final
Tiffin Columbian- D3 Playoff Team
Norwalk- D3 playoff team
St. Francis- D2 Playoff Team

Those 4 teams are all better than anyone Wyoming has played....
That's great insight. So what does Clyde do well? Speed...power...size?

That's great insight. So what does Clyde do well? Speed...power...size?

They have always adapted to their teams pretty well. In the past they have had big strong kids with a very good power run game. I have only seen bits and pieces of their games on TV, but i just know comparing schedules Clyde has the far better one.

I was not shocked when they won the region as an #8 seed. Their kids won't be scared, their coach is pretty darn good. He was the head coach when Clyde beat Toledo Central Catholic in the regional when TCC had Deshone Kizer as qb.

Wyoming's Defense is dominant. Clyde will have a hard time scoring points. Prater is good for at least 21 points a game. Similar to Iverson, can't stop him only hope to contain. Dont see Clyde scoring 21. 31-10 Wyoming.

Wyoming's Defense is dominant. Clyde will have a hard time scoring points. Prater is good for at least 21 points a game. Similar to Iverson, can't stop him only hope to contain. Dont see Clyde scoring 21. 31-10 Wyoming.
Is Wyoming run defense dominant?

I feel they didn’t do Wapak because for Wyoming that is just a straight shot up 75, while Clyde would have to do a little bit of maneuvering. I guess they wanted both teams to have an equal struggle to Marysville lol.
i think you hit it right on the money. although Marysville still isn’t that bad for Wyoming. 75-675-70-68-334-4 is the way i would go.

Is Wyoming run defense dominant?
They have gave up about 80 yards a game on the ground during the 10 regular season games and have given up 54, 15 and 65 in their three playoff games. The defense was good all season, only allowing 4.9 points per game, but have seemingly kicked it up a notch during the playoffs against obviously better competition, as the CHL has some very bad teams at the bottom. I expected a win but was shocked at the apparent domination of Wyoming over VV on Saturday. O'Gara is a hell of a linebacker and seemingly in on every play. I know nothing about Clyde so interested to see if the Cowboys can roll back to Canton, as I think/hope they will.

They have gave up about 80 yards a game on the ground during the 10 regular season games and have given up 54, 15 and 65 in their three playoff games. The defense was good all season, only allowing 4.9 points per game, but have seemingly kicked it up a notch during the playoffs against obviously better competition, as the CHL has some very bad teams at the bottom. I expected a win but was shocked at the apparent domination of Wyoming over VV on Saturday. O'Gara is a hell of a linebacker and seemingly in on every play. I know nothing about Clyde so interested to see if the Cowboys can roll back to Canton, as I think/hope they will.
I know there are games to play this week yet, but if they do play Poland, that is what they will strictly deal with. Poland runs a stacked I, with the 3 yard cloud of dust formula, behind 300 pound lineman. They pass the ball maybe 5 times a game. But we will worry about this week first.

Wyoming still has the longest active winning streak. Have seen Wyoming play 3 times this year.

@Mt Healthy
and Indian Hill(very good)twice

Something I've noticed with Clyde they starts out slow in the 1st halfs ( playoffs) but never quit when losing.

Should be a good game anyway

So obviously with this game, Clyde has nothing to lose-the same with the other 3 playoff games. That being said, I went to last weeks game against OG. It was my first time watching Clyde play and they did not disappoint. Offensively, their two big playmakers were their qb (runs alot and has some good quickness) and their running back (#44 is probably their best player on offense). I would say they ran the ball maybe 70% of the time. They were pretty solid against the run on defense. These boys definitely are not afraid to hit. I watched some clips on Wyoming and I just don't think Clyde is going to be able to stop Prater. Should be a good game.