Division IV State Championship: Licking Valley (14-0) vs. Clyde (10-4)

Who wins?

• Licking Valley by 15+

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Licking Valley by 8-14

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Licking Valley by 1-7

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Clyde by 1-7

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Clyde by 8-14

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Clyde by 15+

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I think that going through the sbc lake gauntlet has helped clyde big time especially winning close games.with clyde beating the favored team to win the state in Wyoming,i think clyde has a great chance to win especially when the jump to tnhe lead early and build on it. go clyde fliers from an Edison charger fan!!!

I think that going through the sbc lake gauntlet has helped clyde big time especially winning close games.with clyde beating the favored team to win the state in Wyoming,i think clyde has a great chance to win especially when the jump to tnhe lead early and build on it. go clyde fliers from an Edison charger fan!!!
That's ironic regarding your last point because Clyde fell behind 14-0 to Keystone and Shelby.

surprised so much faith in 4 loss Clyde
They mauled Wyoming and the Wyoming WRs could not get open at all. I watched Licking Valley throw some passes (and complete them) that were greatly contested so it should be an interesting match-up. From watching parts of both games, I would favor Clyde. That is just from watching last week though. I, like many thought D4 was Wyoming's to lose.

surprised so much faith in 4 loss Clyde

Four loss Clyde’s schedule is amongst the toughest in D4. They have the sixth hardest schedule according to Pastuer (LV is 53rd). An example of Clyde’s schedule. Playoff teams include...

D2 Toledo St.Francis
D3 Sandusky- Regional runner up
D3 Norwalk- Regional Semi’s
D3 Tiffin Columbian
D4 Bellevue

Sometimes playing a hard schedule will break you but it’s made Clyde tougher.

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by the faith in Clyde at this point after they easily handled the team that many thought was the end all be all of Div IV.

Last edited:
eaglefan if you saw the sbc lake division and see what it was,you would of been impressed how clyde dealt with it and clyde is getting better each game.

Looking for a hard fought game seems to me these teams are a lot a like on how they play. Would love to see my Panthers win for their long time coach he deserves one. Good luck and let's hope no one gets hurt.

Pretty tough to go against Clyde at this point. Their win over Wyoming wasn't just surprising to me, but it was the manner in which they got that win. If their defense can match that this weekend, I think they'll take home a state championship trophy. I'll go with:

Clyde 28
Licking Valley 14

Don't forget that the "star" Dowling twins leaving Clyde and transferring to Oak Harbor most likely put a huge chip on the shoulders of the teammates they left behind!

!

Clyde played atleast five teams better than Licking Valley during the regular season and it showed today. The strength of the SBC lake division is on full display.

LV has no answer for Clyde’s physicality at the line of scrimmage.