Votes: 1 1.5%
  • #14 Canton South 7-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #15 Hawken 5-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #16 CVCA 5-5

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
West Branch wins 26-19 after being down 19-6 at one point in the 3rd quarter. 20 unanswered points to end the game for West Branch. Perry had a chance at the end with 8 seconds left to try and tie the game up(or go for the win).

Ursuline wins 42-38 after being down 38-35 with Glenville at the Ursuline 1 yard line with under three minutes to play. Ursuline gets the stop on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line and then has two passes of 29 yards and 68 yards to score the game-winning touchdown.

Great finishes to both games. I was that close in both games to have my prediction of a Perry - Glenville regional final from happening. The Regional Championship game should be interesting but I'll take Ursuline. I think West Branch has athletes, but I think Ursuline has more athletes, especially on the defensive end where I think Ursuline will stop West Branch one or two times more than West Branch will stop Ursuline.

Last edited:
Was surprised to see South Range as the venue. Not alot of seating. Listed as 2900 vs 7000 at Boardman where WB had the home stands full last week. I watched a game at SR 2 years ago and they didn't have restrooms, concessions, or locker rooms built yet. I assume and hope those have been completed.

Was surprised to see South Range as the venue. Not alot of seating. Listed as 2900 vs 7000 at Boardman where WB had the home stands full last week. I watched a game at SR 2 years ago and they didn't have restrooms, concessions, or locker rooms built yet. I assume and hope those have been completed.
The playoff crowds overall I’ve seen locally have been bad and frankly disappointing. streaming killing attendance you’d have to assume.

WB did not come close to filling Boardman’s home side, but had a nice turnout. I’d say 40-50% full at best. What may have been misleading was WB crowd were all sitting in only 2/3 of stands and other end was completely empty (outside of 100 or so students). Probably because entrances on north end and fans just sat down vs kept walking across stands.

Perry’s turnout was poor. No way even 1K.

I guess my point being - there likely wasn’t more than 2,500 in attendance for WB-Perry and South Range is likely sufficient to hold this game based on what I’ve seen. Ursuline has an ok following but won’t exceed WB’s. I’d say 3k fans which is in line w/ SR size.

For WB fans - how was the experience at Spartan Stadium?