Division IV R 14 #5 Van Wert at #2 Shelby, Regional Championship

Who Wins

• Shelby

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Van Wert

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
Edison is hurting right now from what I’m hearing. Lots of starters out w injuries. They have an awesome underclass talent that is seeing varsity time, (due to starters out) which is great news for the next few years outlook. Radio has commented almost every game how the JV kids play effortlessly compared to the starters when put in. Kinda wild. Let’s see if they can hold up against Keystone. Coach Hall just hasn’t changed much with the league. WR that are 6’2-6’5” and they maybe throw the ball 5x a game. However - the JH and JV throw a bit more.
As for the rumor about the “Battle of 113” it is confirmed. Bellevue is trying to snag up all the highways in a 4 county area. They also have a great senior class of athletes. They have all been playing sports together since I can remember. “Team Ray” had like every pee wee team possible. Older Mayes boy was held back in 7th or 8th grade for sports. So they are both seniors this year. So many damn Rays. But I think this will be the last year we see a team this deep from them.
Keystone will beat Edison. Not by much but I think they beat them.

So are you saying Bellevue will be down the next few years? What makes you think that?

Week 3 Finals

#1 Bellevue 34
#16 Galion 9

#2 Shelby 32
#15 Rossford 13

#3 Huron 44
#14 Bryan 22

#4 Keystone 46
#13 Edison 27

#5 Van Wert 46
#12 Port Clinton 20

#6 Wauseon 15
#11 Clyde 28

#7 Napoleon 20
#10 Firelands 21

#8 Kenton 32
#9 Ontario 20

Next week's games are:

#1 Bellevue
#8 Kenton

#2 Shelby
#10 Firelands

#3 Huron
#11 Clyde

#4 Keystone
#5 Van Wert

Week 3 Finals

#1 Bellevue 34
#16 Galion 9

#2 Shelby 32
#15 Rossford 13

#3 Huron 44
#14 Bryan 22

#4 Keystone 46
#13 Edison 27

#5 Van Wert 56
#12 Port Clinton 53

#6 Wauseon 15
#11 Clyde 28

#7 Napoleon 20
#10 Firelands 21

#8 Kenton 32
#9 Ontario 20

Next week's games are:

#1 Bellevue
#8 Kenton

#2 Shelby
#10 Firelands

#3 Huron
#11 Clyde

#4 Keystone
#5 Van Wert
Van Wert won 46-20.

Rossford really impressed me tonight. Would’ve been a great finish if the refs let the kids play.
There were some very questionable calls in that game for both sides. Those refs seemed lost at times.

I'm not sure how many players Rossford loses next year but I understand Alex Williams is a sophomore. He really impressed me tonight and with him at the helm they are in pretty good shape.

With the expanded playoffs, there is a lot of officials officiating playoff games who normally wouldn't be.

I am also very intrigued by Kenton-Bellevue. Could very well be a shoot out.

What are your thoughts for this week's games? Should be interesting!
I think the Van Wert/Keystone game is going to be the game of the week, IMO. For me it is a toss up with Van Wert winning by a TD. Key for Keystone is limiting Van Wert's offense which only one team has done that successfully all year and it was OG but Van Wert still scored 34 on them. I know Keystone is a big, grind it out team it looks like with a solid sophomore QB who can throw as needed. From an outsiders perspective they look like OG on film who can throw a little better than them.

Another interesting game for me will be Kenton v Bellevue. The key for Kenton in that game will be limited the running game including the QB while also being able to defend the pass well. Bellevue is a very physical team and if you're not ready for their style of play they can overwhelm you in a hurry.

10/24 Finals

(1) Bellevue 56
(8) Kenton 15

(2) Shelby 49
(10) Firelands 26

(3) Huron 21
(11) Clyde 28

(4) Keystone 27
(5) Van Wert 38

Next week’s matchups:

(1) Bellevue
(5) Van Wert

(2) Shelby
(11) Clyde

As long as Bellevue wins then it'll be a dream matchup no matter who wins Clyde-Shelby.

Speaking of Clyde, they need an uniform adjustment. Put on vintage 1970s Hockey Goalie Masks on them because they are scarier in Playoffs than Jason Voohrees in October.
You're not lying there about Clyde. They are so dangerous once the playoffs come and I'm sure no one in Shelby has forgotten last year. They definitely will not be overlooked no matter what seeding they were given.

As for Bellevue I predict next week's game will be similar in score. Not to disrespect any Van Wert fan but Bellevue is on a different level. If you're not used to their style of play they will hit you in the mouth and knock you out before you know what hit you.

I hope for a Shelby v Bellevue regional matchup. That will be a hell of a game for sure.

Good luck Van Wert in Shelby. The facility in Shelby has to be one of worst places in Ohio. Shelby has an awesome program with a. Lot of tradition but why have such a dump for a field. Honestly can anyone from Shelby honestly say they aren’t embarrassed with their stadium? If you can call it that!

Good luck Van Wert in Shelby. The facility in Shelby has to be one of worst places in Ohio. Shelby has an awesome program with a. Lot of tradition but why have such a dump for a field. Honestly can anyone from Shelby honestly say they aren’t embarrassed with their stadium? If you can call it that!
It's finally in the works to be replaced I believe by 2022. I agree that it's not the field it used to be. To many years of neglect and being in a flood zone have hurt that facility badly. But as with most small Ohio communities, money is tight and it's been hard to come up with the funds but I think they finally have a way forward, it will just take some time.

Van Wert will have the best athletes on the field when they are on offense. Major speed and explosiveness with a QB who can do it all, run/pass. VW defense will give up yards/ points, though. Cougars are never out of a game nor are their opponents.

Van Wert will have the best athletes on the field when they are on offense. Major speed and explosiveness with a QB who can do it all, run/pass. VW defense will give up yards/ points, though. Cougars are never out of a game nor are their opponents.
Should be a whale of a game. I know we'll definitely have to track the QB Treece as I see the offense runs through him for both the run and the pass so that'll be something we have to keep an eye on. You also have at least 2 very good receivers.

Shelby's QB is pretty accurate and can put up some good numbers when he's on his game. He's not going to be a serious threat in the run game but he can get extra yardage when needed. Their RB has over 1,500 yards on the year is a threat to take it to the house on any given play so Van Wert will need to keep an eye out for him. The defense has been pretty stout but has been known to give up some pass plays at times so I know that will be an issues they need to shore up by next week.

Either way I hope this will be a competitive 4 quarter game.

Excited for this regional final and really impressed with each team's win tonight. Shelby beat Clyde, who had an 8-game playoff winning streak snapped, and Van Wert who handled the #1 seed.

I have a lot of respect for Shelby. A few years ago they just absolutely dismantled a really good St Marys Memorial team. It's nice to see another WBL team get a shot at Shelby. This time, Van Wert, brings a whole different offensive style of attack. I'm interested to hear more about this, but I'm giving the edge so far to Shelby. It's worth noting, though, that Van Wert has had a tough path to get to this regional final -- each team they've beat was undefeated going into the game and they had to travel to LaGrange Keystone (7-0), Bellevue (8-0), and now Shelby (9-0). Really proud of the Cougars and wish both teams the best of luck and they stay safe so that we get to see what will surely be an epic regional final.