Division IV R 14 Playoff Bracket Discussion

doubtme

Edison is hurting right now from what I’m hearing. Lots of starters out w injuries. They have an awesome underclass talent that is seeing varsity time, (due to starters out) which is great news for the next few years outlook. Radio has commented almost every game how the JV kids play effortlessly compared to the starters when put in. Kinda wild. Let’s see if they can hold up against Keystone. Coach Hall just hasn’t changed much with the league. WR that are 6’2-6’5” and they maybe throw the ball 5x a game. However - the JH and JV throw a bit more.
As for the rumor about the “Battle of 113” it is confirmed. Bellevue is trying to snag up all the highways in a 4 county area. They also have a great senior class of athletes. They have all been playing sports together since I can remember. “Team Ray” had like every pee wee team possible. Older Mayes boy was held back in 7th or 8th grade for sports. So they are both seniors this year. So many damn Rays. But I think this will be the last year we see a team this deep from them.
Keystone will beat Edison. Not by much but I think they beat them.

So are you saying Bellevue will be down the next few years? What makes you think that?

Hazardous Whippet

Week 3 Finals

#1 Bellevue 34
#16 Galion 9

#2 Shelby 32
#15 Rossford 13

#3 Huron 44
#14 Bryan 22

#4 Keystone 46
#13 Edison 27

#5 Van Wert 46
#12 Port Clinton 20

#6 Wauseon 15
#11 Clyde 28

#7 Napoleon 20
#10 Firelands 21

#8 Kenton 32
#9 Ontario 20

Next week's games are:

#1 Bellevue
#8 Kenton

#2 Shelby
#10 Firelands

#3 Huron
#11 Clyde

#4 Keystone
#5 Van Wert

Insane92

Week 3 Finals

#1 Bellevue 34
#16 Galion 9

#2 Shelby 32
#15 Rossford 13

#3 Huron 44
#14 Bryan 22

#4 Keystone 46
#13 Edison 27

#5 Van Wert 56
#12 Port Clinton 53

#6 Wauseon 15
#11 Clyde 28

#7 Napoleon 20
#10 Firelands 21

#8 Kenton 32
#9 Ontario 20

Next week's games are:

#1 Bellevue
#8 Kenton

#2 Shelby
#10 Firelands

#3 Huron
#11 Clyde

#4 Keystone
#5 Van Wert
Van Wert won 46-20.

Hazardous Whippet

Rossford really impressed me tonight. Would’ve been a great finish if the refs let the kids play.
There were some very questionable calls in that game for both sides. Those refs seemed lost at times.

I'm not sure how many players Rossford loses next year but I understand Alex Williams is a sophomore. He really impressed me tonight and with him at the helm they are in pretty good shape.

Union County Fan

With the expanded playoffs, there is a lot of officials officiating playoff games who normally wouldn't be.

I am also very intrigued by Kenton-Bellevue. Could very well be a shoot out.

Insane92

What are your thoughts for this week's games? Should be interesting!
I think the Van Wert/Keystone game is going to be the game of the week, IMO. For me it is a toss up with Van Wert winning by a TD. Key for Keystone is limiting Van Wert's offense which only one team has done that successfully all year and it was OG but Van Wert still scored 34 on them. I know Keystone is a big, grind it out team it looks like with a solid sophomore QB who can throw as needed. From an outsiders perspective they look like OG on film who can throw a little better than them.

Hazardous Whippet

Another interesting game for me will be Kenton v Bellevue. The key for Kenton in that game will be limited the running game including the QB while also being able to defend the pass well. Bellevue is a very physical team and if you're not ready for their style of play they can overwhelm you in a hurry.