#19 Sheffield Brookside
Winner plays #6 Wauseon

#10 Oberlin Firelands
#23 Upper Sandusky
Winner plays #7 Napoleon

#9 Ontario
#24 Vermilion
Winner plays #8 Kenton

Some very interesting matchups later on. Keystone and Van Wert could be a really good game. If Clyde gets past Brookside that could be another good one against Wauseon. Going to look forward to this getting started next week.

One of the most intriguing early matchups in my eyes is
Edison vs Clear Fork.

Although Clear Fork has had a down year they just recently went back to their 2 QB backfield and it paid dividends. I think if they stick with that style they may make a small run in the region.

Most (or all) of Rossford's games this year should be available on Toledo Sports Network or WTOL YouTube pages. Not sure they get past Triway - and wouldn't be optimistic about being competitive against Shelby.
I'll be sure to watch the game. Don't know anything about either team but whichever one plays Shelby is in for a long night if they can't score quick and have a stout defense.

I'll be curious to see if Fisher goes tomorrow night.
I will as well. Depending on how healthy he is, I've liked the brief look at the backups when they have been in. I really think they could use some more playing time because it will be a long postseason and we could use all the help we can get in the backfield.

I will as well. Depending on how healthy he is, I've liked the brief look at the backups when they have been in. I really think they could use some more playing time because it will be a long postseason and we could use all the help we can get in the backfield.
It would be nice to allow him the rest and give the other guys some more live game reps for sure. I just wonder how hard it will be to keep him off the field when a league title is in play. Tough call.

1st round predictions

Galion by 21
Ontario 40
Edison by 10
Port Clinton by 14
Rossford by 7
Firelands by 21
Bryan by 40
Clyde by 50

1st round predictions

Galion by 21
Ontario 40
Edison by 10
Port Clinton by 14
Rossford by 7
Firelands by 21
Bryan by 40
Clyde by 50
Galion - it's going to depend on if they get their suspended players back.
Ontario - Will roll. They've been tough all year and have only gotten better
Edison - This one is a toss up for me. I really think if Clear Fork plays like they did last week and carries momentum into the playoffs they may have a shot at the upset.
Port Clinton - Sounds about right.
Rossford - Don't know enough about them or Triway but I'll go Triway by 3.
Firelands - Yeah Upper Sandusky is awful
Bryan - Sounds about right
Clyde - They will win big.

Game tonight will be live streamed on WTOL's YouTube page starting at 7.
Hard to judge a team against bad competition. I will say the QB Williams is very illusive and probably the best athlete on the field. The RB is hard nosed and looks difficult to bring down on first contact.

The offense is very similar in style to what Shelby runs. Not a bad team really and I do see some potential in these guys.

Any projections for the 1st round games this week?

I've got:

Galion
Rossford
Bryan
Clear Fork
Port Clinton
Clyde
Firelands
Ontario

Winners from Saturday's games:

Galion 55 Lutheran West 7
Rossford 44 Triway 34
Bryan 42 Clearview 12
Edison 35 Clear Fork 28 (game of the night)
Port Clinton 40 Perkins 21
Clyde 42 Brookside 6
Firelands 59 Upper Sandusky 20
Ontario 62 Vermilion 0

Games for 10/17 (my predictions for winner in bold)

Galion vs Bellevue
Rossford vs Shelby
Bryan vs Huron
Edison
vs Keystone
Port Clinton vs Van Wert
Clyde vs Wauseon
Firelands
vs Napoleon
Ontario vs Kenton

Great game at Edison vs Clear Fork. Edison has a good majority of their starters out including their QB. Their halfback was injured 1st quarter last night & came back in a boot after halftime. They had sophomores and freshman getting their first appearance ever in a varsity game.
I see Bellevue dominating the top half of the bracket. Bottom half - Shelby and Wauseon will be a blood bath. I’m pumped to watch it