Division IV Football Poll - Week 4 (09/13/21)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

1 Van Wert (Van Wert) (4-0) (169) [7]
2 Wyoming (Cincinnati) (4-0) (154) [5]
3 Ursuline (Youngstown) (3-1) (132) [4]
4 Bloom-Carroll (Carroll) (4-0) (130) [1]
5 Archbishop McNicholas (Cincinnati) (4-0) (124) [2]
6 Clinton-Massie (Clarksville) (2-1) (89) [1]
7 West Branch (Beloit) (4-0) (46) [1]
8 Waverly (Waverly) (3-0) (42)
9 Salem (Salem) (4-0) (38)
10 Villa Angela-St Joseph (Cleveland) (3-0) (25)

Others - Carrollton (Carrollton) (3-1) , Clyde (Clyde) (3-1) , Bellevue (Bellevue) (3-1) , Eaton (Eaton) (4-0) , Fairless (Navarre) (4-0)

Clinton Massie should be much higher. That is a very good team.
It will all shake out. Very few voters have seen these teams play. They are not going to put a 2-1 team in the top3, actually surprised they aren’t lower. They lost to Anderson after all right?

Surprised Waverly is getting love in the polls. No marquee wins on the schedule to this point and to an outsider of our area wonder what they think much of us.

Should we all pack it in now and hand out the trophy ?? I see D4 wide open.
I don't care how good our offense is, Ursuline isn't going to be holding up any trophy if we don't fix our run defense. One bad weather or field conditions game, could spell big trouble if we can't stop between the tackle runs.

Haha, I am still haunted by the 2002 game versus Portsmouth West in a Zanesville mud bath. We had Daryll Clark at QB, several D1 backs and receivers, a huge line, and scored 7 points. To be fair, I think Reardon would have finished 14-1 with that type of talent, but still.
Not too many grass fields anymore unfortunately haha

I don't care how good our offense is, Ursuline isn't going to be holding up any trophy if we don't fix our run defense. One bad weather or field conditions game, could spell big trouble if we can't stop between the tackle runs.
Gonna be tough to find many RB like the two they seen last week for Fitch. Not many D4 teams are plying the caliber of teams obviously. This week is huge for Ursuline, they’ll be matched with talent it’ll be interesting to see how it ends up

Ursuline 50
Warren Harding 49

will say this not very many if any teams will stop ursuline in d4. but they can't stop anybody either. this has first state title against Coldwater type of season written all over it. they couldn't really stop Coldwater but were able to outscore them with dynamic offense. similar type season coming