Division IV Football Poll - Preseason (08/15/22)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

1 Clinton-Massie (Clarksville) (224) [9]
2 Bishop Hartley (Columbus) (213) [4]
3 Steubenville (Steubenville) (198) [9]
4 Wyoming (Cincinnati) (158) [3]
5 Archbishop Alter (Kettering) (143)
6 Glenville (Cleveland) (116) [1]
7 Van Wert (Van Wert) (114) [4]
8 Archbishop McNicholas (Cincinnati) (86) [1]
9 West Holmes (Millersburg) (83) [1]
10 Taft (Cincinnati) (63)

Others - St Marys Memorial (St Marys), West Branch (Beloit), Bellevue (Bellevue), Girard (Girard), St Clairsville (St Clairsville)

I may trust St. Mary's Memorial and Bellevue more than West Holmes. I like tradition oppose to a fly-by-night team
Fly by night team? Like one who went to state last year? Like one who had 2 division 1 prospects? I’m assuming you have never watched them play because you sound very ignorant

I didn’t vote
Why are you even commenting on the results if you say you did not even vote?

Ignoring that insecure comment, another lesson learned in 35 years of following high school football......I have seen dozens upon dozens of teams with one or two division one talent players that finish the year at 2-8 or 1-9 or 3-7. A single genetic scholarship does not a championship caliber team make.

I voted primarily how teams were last year and what they're returning. Region 13 was hard for me to put into the top 10, but I felt I needed to put one in there. I decided to put the only remaining top 4 seed returning in the region at #10. Wyoming would have been my #10 if I didn't put a Region 13 team in the top 10.

#1 Clinton-Massie
#2 Glenville
#3 Bishop Hartley
#4 St Marys Memorial
#5 Van Wert
#6 Steubenville
#7 West Holmes
#8 Archbishop McNicholas
#9 Archbishop Alter
#10 West Branch

Last edited:
Why are you even commenting on the results if you say you did not even vote?

Ignoring that insecure comment, another lesson learned in 35 years of following high school football......I have seen dozens upon dozens of teams with one or two division one talent players that finish the year at 2-8 or 1-9 or 3-7. A single genetic scholarship does not a championship caliber team make.
Maybe go look at fantastic 50. He is much smarter then both of us and they are 4

Maybe go look at fantastic 50. He is much smarter then both of us and they are 4
Okay, now you are starting to support your whine somewhat. Millersburg had a great season last year, why should that translate to a higher pre-season ranking on Yappi? Tell everyone on this statewide poll who don’t follow Amish area schools as closely as you do.

Were you senior laden last year, was it a one off? Maybe you are only returning three starters and four lettermen? Then again, maybe your entire team is back, returning 22 one-way starters? As some have said, most know the Glenvilles, Clinton Massies, Alters and Steubenvilles of the state more so than West Holmes. Weren’t you 3-7 in 2019?

Given most of the names ahead of Millersburg in the resultant poll, I’d say the school you are supporting was shown a lot of respect. But you really cannot say laughable without giving much of anything to back that up other than saying colleges are looking at a kid and we exceeded expectations last year. That’s just a standard rule in all businesses….you cannot criticize a suggestion, or idea without having one of your own.

Okay, now you are starting to support your whine somewhat. Millersburg had a great season last year, why should that translate to a higher pre-season ranking on Yappi? Tell everyone on this statewide poll who don’t follow Amish area schools as closely as you do.

Were you senior laden last year, was it a one off? Maybe you are only returning three starters and four lettermen? Then again, maybe your entire team is back, returning 22 one-way starters? As some have said, most know the Glenvilles, Clinton Massies, Alters and Steubenvilles of the state more so than West Holmes. Weren’t you 3-7 in 2019?

Given most of the names ahead of Millersburg in the resultant poll, I’d say the school you are supporting was shown a lot of respect. But you really cannot say laughable without giving much of anything to back that up other than saying colleges are looking at a kid and we exceeded expectations last year. That’s just a standard rule in all businesses….you cannot criticize a suggestion, or idea without having one of your own.
Sam Williams Dixon is the 27th ranked running back in the entire country in the class of 2024. They have a first team all state division three linebacker from last year. They have a quarterback who blew out a team in the state semi finals and through 4 touchdowns and 300 and some yards. The second best player got hurt three games into the season last year and didn’t play the rest of the season. He is also getting D1 offers. About 75% of the defense comes back from last year. So yes they are bringing back the majority of their team. The two best players on the team from last year were sophomores and now they are juniors.

Sam Williams Dixon is the 27th ranked running back in the entire country in the class of 2024. They have a first team all state division three linebacker from last year. They have a quarterback who blew out a team in the state semi finals and through 4 touchdowns and 300 and some yards. The second best player got hurt three games into the season last year and didn’t play the rest of the season. He is also getting D1 offers. About 75% of the defense comes back from last year. So yes they are bringing back the majority of their team. The two best players on the team from last year were sophomores and now they are juniors.
Regional finals

They also bring back five all Ohioins.They bring back a crap ton.

Cleveland Glenville winning 25-0 vs SVSM is a huge win for them and they have a big game next week vs D1 Olentangy Liberty. Hartley, Massie and Steubenville are very good every year but Glenville seems to be back and now there in D4 with all of the high level recruits. That’s pretty scary for the rest of this division.

2018 8-3 lost to eventual state champs Kenston in first round of playoffs
2019 3-7 (QB tore ACL in first game of the season)
2020 7-3 lost in 4th round of playoffs
2021 14-1 lost in state semi-final
Coach Gardner is changing the culture on and off the field. The program is trending in the right direction and there some good classes coming up. WH should be in the discussion for the next 2-3 years at least.

2018 8-3 lost to eventual state champs Kenston in first round of playoffs
2019 3-7 (QB tore ACL in first game of the season)
2020 7-3 lost in 4th round of playoffs
2021 14-1 lost in state semi-final
Coach Gardner is changing the culture on and off the field. The program is trending in the right direction and there some good classes coming up. WH should be in the discussion for the next 2-3 years at least.
Good stuff! Would love to be consistently competing against Millersburg for years to come versus the likes of Glenville, Elyria Catholic, St. Mary's etc., yet competitive balance will likely keep things fairly dynamic. Good luck in 2022 Knights!

Good stuff! Would love to be consistently competing against Millersburg for years to come versus the likes of Glenville, Elyria Catholic, St. Mary's etc., yet competitive balance will likely keep things fairly dynamic. Good luck in 2022 Knights!
Thank you! WH tends to not get much attention outside the local media so they can be hard to rank. This is going to be an exciting year. Maybe we will meet Big Red when it matters!