Division III State Semifinal: Trotwood-Madison (10-3) vs. Bishop Hartley (12-1)

Who wins?

• Bishop Hartley by 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bishop Hartley by 8-14

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Bishop Hartley by 1-7

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Trotwood by 1-7

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Trotwood by 8-14

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Trotwood by 15+

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not even close. Trotwood is high level D1 talent playing D3. Saying Hartley will beat Trotwood by two scores is equivalent to saying Hartley world beat Pickerington Central by two scores. Trotwood is pretty close to that level. Good luck though.
I would disagree with your insight, Trotwood is a VERY GOOD team loaded with D1 talent no doubt. Not sure comparing TW to Pick Central is apples to apples. If Hartley takes care of the ball, controls the T.O.P, and limits the 50/50 balls it could very well be a 21-7 game. St. Mary’s showed that a power rushing game works against the Rams(250 yards) but they also showed TW can capitalize on turnovers(4). No disrespect to SM or Badin but their DB didn’t have the speed to cover TW’s receivers, I’d say Hartley does. If Hartley fails in these categories they may very well get their doors blown off!! Central should probably worry about figuring out how to beat a team on a mission like Mentor, good luck with that. It would be nice to have as many central Ohio teams making the trek to Canton as possible.
GO HAWKS!!!

Hartley hasn’t played a team as talented or as good of a team as Trotwood yet this year
I would have to say the Timber Creek N.J school matches up similar to Trotwood in size and athleticism. But hey that’s why these kids are going to play it out Friday night. Should be a dog fight!

If Trotwood can keep the penalties and turnovers down, and defense can contain Trotwood will win. If Clinton-Massie keeps the penalties and turnovers down and defense can contain Clinton-Massie will win. If John Doe keeps the penalties and turnovers down and defense can contain John Doe will win. That’s really the formula to win any game. The question is can they. Hartley hasn’t played a team as talented or as good of a team as Trotwood yet this year. However, I think there are just a few teams that can beat Trotwood in D3 and Hartley is one of them.
Yes Hartley has played several times like Trotwood Madison. Every team Hartley plays says that about their talent and Hartley still wins.

Trotwood Madison and Hartley are similar teams and have played some good team.

Hartley strength of schedule #1 in D3
Trotwood Madison was #3 in D3.

If Both teams only had one loss they would have both given each other a run for #1been in the polls and computer polls.

Its going to be a great game.

Saying Hartley will beat Trotwood by two scores is equivalent to saying Hartley world beat Pickerington Central by two scores. Trotwood is pretty close to that level.
Wake up, brah. Menner is about to show Bickerington that this isn't 2017 anymore. TM 2019 < TM 2017. Hartley can hang with them this year. Two scores isn't likely, but Hartley does have its own share of D-1 quality talent, thank you. You Pickerington guys didn't steal everyone on the east side. The attendance officer is spending more time at Chapel Hill than on Refugee and Livingston these days.

Not only coulnd't pull away from Jackie Alder agricultural HS but needed some heroics to win .
Now, Harry. I know you're still upset that the thoroughbreds in your stable haven't exactly been harnessed up for the biggest loads this season, but fellas can lift weights everywhere nowadays. You get one of them country boys conditioned wearing one of those 44 lb weight vests, and they're going to be as fast in pads as any urban track star. And given our throwback primitive offense, anybody can just teach their linebackers to stay home and be ready to go wide to shut us down. It's not that complicated. And Jackie gets a lot of yuppies these days. It's a bedroom community for the kinds of folks worried about all them scary dark skinned terrist looking people moving into Dublin. London was the same way. Trotwood is a different thing. Yeah, two scores is a bit much of a guess but a smart fella like you needs the shake this overconfident Hawker down on the spread. He giving you house money.

Hartley hasn’t played a team as talented or as good of a team as Trotwood yet this year.
Agreed, Hartley hasn't played any regional winners this season. Trotwood lost to better teams (WW, Springfield, and Boro) than the one (Massie) to which Hartley lost, but their wins haven't been against particularly impressive teams. They beat up on GWOC tomato cans. But they appear to me to be a pretty good team. Great athletes. This will be the first team Hartley faced this season with comparable speed since the NJ team in week 1. I'm looking forward to it.

Agreed, Hartley hasn't played any regional winners this season. Trotwood lost to better teams (WW, Springfield, and Boro) than the one (Massie) to which Hartley lost, but their wins haven't been against particularly impressive teams. They beat up on GWOC tomato cans. But they appear to me to be a pretty good team. Great athletes. This will be the first team Hartley faced this season with comparable speed since the NJ team in week 1. I'm looking forward to it.

GWOC tomato cans? Yeah okay. Wayne, Northmont and Fairmont would probably beat 9-10 teams on Hartley’s schedule. They don’t look good because they beat up on each other. Trotwood was a failed two point conversion away from beating Springfield, who beat Coffman, who is probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in Central Ohio. I hate using the transitive property, but Springfield beat Dublin Jerome, who BLASTED DeSales. Hartley needed everything to get by DeSales. So Trotwood was a failed 2 point conversion away from beating a team that has dominated central ohio this year. But yeah, that “GWOC tomato can” stuff is complete and utter bull crap. Those schools are DI with three times the kids Trotwood has. Hartley goes 6-4 with Trotwood’s schedule. Trotwood goes 9-1 or 10-0 with Hartley’s schedule.

Hartley's opponents went 62- 42 and ended with 33.7214 computer points.

Trotwood Madison opponents went 48 - 52 and ended with 18.3553 computer points.

Was wondering when you were going to show up, now that your beloved Rocks have been eliminated. Going to start with your region of death, beating undeserving farm schools, can’t compete with a team of athletes like TW? Anything is possible this time of year. Except for Coffman winning a title.
Didn’t say anything about not competing with athletic teams , You said that . It’s not true that your school is different than the farming community schools you play in your region ?
What is it you have in common demographically and culturally with the schools you have to beat in the region?

I made a simple point about this matchup and what that homer said . Find it really hard to believe that you go from being life and death with Alder one week and pulling away from Trotty the next . Not sure what Coffman has to do with this matchup . If you have relevant thoughts on them by all means stop by that thread . I’ll be happy to engage

Undeserving farm schools? Never said that either . Alder is very good . Who so defensive about the region ? I think the over confident Hawks fan is just looking at Tri Valley almost winning last year and surmising that it might easier fir them because this year Hartley is better than that Trump Valley team

Love the defensiveness though . I always give the hawks their due and compliment the program . Noticing the stark differences in the region of their school and the others in every measure is just fact. What I get from these guys is a bashing of Coffman . I compliment your program all the time . If I don’t slobber over the region it’s hating , Too easy Cocker

Hartley points for and against 407 to 165.

Trotwood Madison points for and against 345 to 219.

Both are good teams. Maybe the key to this one will be mental toughness.

Hartley points for and against 407 to 165.

Trotwood Madison points for and against 345 to 219.

Both are good teams. Maybe the key to this one will be mental toughness.
Good call. I can’t think of a time Hartley lost a game because of a particular difference in talent. I can think of times they lost due to superior execution/lesser mental toughness (eg Clinton-Massie, Coldwater, Tri-Valley, and way back when Thurgood Marshall.)

Yes, the more I look at this the more I see a Trotwood win by 2 scores. TM lost to Springfield by 1 point. Springfield is playing in the big boys semifinals. Somebody mentioned St. Mary’s ran for 250 yards but failed to mention they got beat 41-7 (Rolling Clock).
Should probably check your facts, St. Mary’s was only down 21-7 with 4 minutes in the 4th. TM had a run to go up 28-7. Then came 2 of the turnovers, both scoop and scores. Not going to hate on your opinion but just get your facts right

If Trotwood can keep the penalties and turnovers down, and defense can contain Trotwood will win. If Clinton-Massie keeps the penalties and turnovers down and defense can contain Clinton-Massie will win. If John Doe keeps the penalties and turnovers down and defense can contain John Doe will win. That’s really the formula to win any game. The question is can they. Hartley hasn’t played a team as talented or as good of a team as Trotwood yet this year. However, I think there are just a few teams that can beat Trotwood in D3 and Hartley is one of them.
STOP IT, YOU SO WRONG, LOL

Anything can happen on the football field and that is why it's so fun to watch. The teams will decide on the field!

Should probably check your facts, St. Mary’s was only down 21-7 with 4 minutes in the 4th. TM had a run to go up 28-7. Then came 2 of the turnovers, both scoop and scores. Not going to hate on your opinion but just get your facts right

What facts did he not get right? He said Trotwood won 41-7. If you check Joe Eitel, CalPreps, Scorestream, etc. it says they lost 41-7. I was at the game. The final scoreboard said 41-7. So I think he got that fact right. However, you are correct about Trotwood only being up 21-7 with 4 minutes left. Then, when Trotwood was in a must score situation to put the game away, they did and went up 28-7. But you failed to mention Trotwood dominated St. Mary’s the entire game. You can say St. Mary’s gained how ever many yards rushing. They scored 7 points. That’s what category matters. Trotwood moved the ball at will after halftime.

What's the story with #79 for Hartley? I see a lot of talk about schedules and things of that nature but at this point in the season none of that matters, especially with the two caliber teams that Trotwood and Hartley bring to the table.

The little all stars get thumped by the big all stars

757A06AB-95DA-4AA2-9EDC-55599891A1D4.gif

What facts did he not get right? He said Trotwood won 41-7. If you check Joe Eitel, CalPreps, Scorestream, etc. it says they lost 41-7. I was at the game. The final scoreboard said 41-7. So I think he got that fact right. However, you are correct about Trotwood only being up 21-7 with 4 minutes left. Then, when Trotwood was in a must score situation to put the game away, they did and went up 28-7. But you failed to mention Trotwood dominated St. Mary’s the entire game. You can say St. Mary’s gained how ever many yards rushing. They scored 7 points. That’s what category matters. Trotwood moved the ball at will after halftime.
Fact? Rolling clock? For what 45 seconds?
My point was statistically speaking Trotwood gave up some yardage on the ground, not often can a team have 4 turnovers and stay in the game which they obviously did not. Final scores can be a little deceiving on how close games are, 21-7 last 4 minutes is closer than the final 41-7. So was Hartley’s game with Alter.

Didn’t say anything about not competing with athletic teams , You said that . It’s not true that your school is different than the farming community schools you play in your region ?
What is it you have in common demographically and culturally with the schools you have to beat in the region?

I made a simple point about this matchup and what that homer said . Find it really hard to believe that you go from being life and death with Alder one week and pulling away from Trotty the next . Not sure what Coffman has to do with this matchup . If you have relevant thoughts on them by all means stop by that thread . I’ll be happy to engage
Back when we were in Division 4 you loved to rag on Hartley beating up on poor farm teams in the region of death as you so artfully coined. So we move up a division and you still think that playing “country” schools warrants no credibility
The thing that we have in common with the teams in our region is our CB enrollment, a number that falls within the parameters for us to be in Division 3. You give these schools a silly moniker when you bring them up, why are they inferior because they are rural? Or is it just your view from the emerald bubble? I have nothing to discuss about Coffman their season is over.
Another thing Tri-Valley Trotwood happened in 2017. Who in there right mind would compare this matchup with Trotwood based on a couple of games that happened two years ago?

What's the story with #79 for Hartley?
Great kid with a big heart. Plays lights out on every down up to the whistle. Positive attitude. He's always smiling and encouraging the fellas. Natural team leader. Strong. Fast. Good hips and feet. Great balance. Self-disciplined. Jaw all you want at the guy and he'll remain calmly stoic. Got dinged against Watterson and sat out the second half. Looked like one of those mild knee ligament sprains. I think he put a sleeve on it and kept playing. Got hit funny against London, and he's done for the season. But he'll be on the sidelines getting the guys fired up. Tough kid to replace, but his backup is playing great.

Center #73 has been suited up the last two weeks. He got some reps on PATs last week, I think. Maybe more. He hasn't been 100% all season.

Great kid with a big heart. Plays lights out on every down up to the whistle. Positive attitude. He's always smiling and encouraging the fellas. Natural team leader. Strong. Fast. Good hips and feet. Great balance. Self-disciplined. Jaw all you want at the guy and he'll remain calmly stoic. Got dinged against Watterson and sat out the second half. Looked like one of those mild knee ligament sprains. I think he put a sleeve on it and kept playing. Got hit funny against London, and he's done for the season. But he'll be on the sidelines getting the guys fired up. Tough kid to replace, but his backup is playing great.

Center #73 has been suited up the last two weeks. He got some reps on PATs last week, I think. Maybe more. He hasn't been 100% all season.
Man sorry to hear that he is going to be out for the game was looking forward to seeing him mix it up with Trotwood. Should be a good game.