Division III State Semifinal: Chardon (14-0) vs West Holmes (14-0)

Who wins?

• Chardon by 17+

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Chardon by 8-16

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Chardon by 1-7

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • West Holmes by 1-7

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • West Holmes by 8-16

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • West Holmes by 17+

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Any team playing ball this late in the year deserves respect. I know Chardon will be prepared for West Holmes. I don't know much about the Knights. What kind of offense do they run? I'm looking forward to a great game Friday night. Lets keep it going Toppers!

I'm guessing this game will be played close to Akron.

They can run their quarterback, they can open up the offense and throw it all over the field or they can run it down your throat with Sam Williams Dixon or Brett sheer. If you take away one part of their game they’re going to exploit the part that you’re not taking away. Sam Williams Dixon is probably the best athlete to ever come through West Holmes. He has somewhere around 1500 yards rushing and 1000 yards receiving. This is probably the best offense West Holmes has had in their history.
Thank you for the reply. Is Dixon being looked at by any colleges?

No doubt Chardon has the right to brag. They are defending state champs. No one has come close to them. On paper it doesn’t seem like anyone will get close to them. Region 9 probably toughest region in state-of all divisions. That’s ok don’t give west homes respect we don’t mind being underdogs. These kids give 110 percent each week. We will see how it goes. Years ago we had kenston who won D3 title their toughest playoff game. All I can say to Chardon is you better put us away fast and early because the west Holmes team is fighter and knows how to come from behind.

They can run their quarterback, they can open up the offense and throw it all over the field or they can run it down your throat with Sam Williams Dixon or Brett sheer. If you take away one part of their game they’re going to exploit the part that you’re not taking away. Sam Williams Dixon is probably the best athlete to ever come through West Holmes. He has somewhere around 1500 yards rushing and 1000 yards receiving. This is probably the best offense West Holmes has had in their history.
They won’t run anything down Chardons throat….

I’d like to see West Holmes advance and get into the State Championship.
They are a classy group and play with discipline and heart. It’s a beautiful community with top notch people and they deserve to be in this game. No disrespect, just a honest opinion.

Chardon-42
W. Holmes 14

Just a huge discrepancy in TEAM SPEED.

—-And I mean “team speed”. Not just QB’s-RB’s-WR’s type players.

The only game plan that has a chance is fast developing plays.
Chardon block defeats and gets to the ball faster than I’ve seen anyone in a few years.

On offense Chardon’s QB is a magician with ball deception. Their offense runs like a Swiss clock.

Blocking-Tackling-Discipline-Physicality-Speed

I actually have West Holmes scoring 14 because they have a really nice sophomore QB.

Last edited:
I’d like to see West Holmes advance and get into the State Championship.
They are a classy group and play with discipline and heart. It’s a beautiful community with top notch people and they deserve to be in this game. No disrespect, just a honest opinion.

Chardon-42
W. Holmes 14

Just a huge discrepancy in TEAM SPEED.

—-And I mean “team speed”. Not just QB’s-RB’s-WR’s type players.

The only game plan that has a chance is fast developing plays.
Chardon block defeats and gets to the ball faster than I’ve seen anyone in a few years.

On offense Chardon’s QB is a magician with ball deception. Their offense runs like a Swiss clock.

Blocking-Tackling-Discipline-Physicality-Speed

I actually have West Holmes scoring 14 because they have a really nice sophomore QB.
He is a senior QB and a sophomore RB. I’m guessing you havnt ever seen WH play and you have only read about them

No doubt Chardon has the right to brag. They are defending state champs. No one has come close to them. On paper it doesn’t seem like anyone will get close to them. Region 9 probably toughest region in state-of all divisions. That’s ok don’t give west homes respect we don’t mind being underdogs. These kids give 110 percent each week. We will see how it goes. Years ago we had kenston who won D3 title their toughest playoff game. All I can say to Chardon is you better put us away fast and early because the west Holmes team is fighter and knows how to come from behind.
Region 9 is not near the toughest region. Get real. There are twenty or more teams in Ohio that beat Chardon if not more. They are a good team but Hobans, Ignatius’ , St. Edwards etc have athletes on another level than Chardon or anyone they’ve played.

I saw Chardon absolutely destroy Akron Buchtel. They are well coached and a machine on offense and defense. Don't see them losing this one and winning another state title. Would like to see them and D5 Kirtland match up in the regular season!

Chardon will win this game but they will not shut down WH offense. I hope WH wins just to shut up the cocky entitled attitudes
Judgmental much. When you posted this Im about 99.9999% sure only one Chardon person had commented. And that’s if the one is from Chardon, as I don’t recognize that poster

Judgmental much. When you posted this Im about 99.9999% sure only one Chardon person had commented. And that’s if the one is from Chardon, as I don’t recognize that poster
Most of the comments seem to be from folks whose team got steamrolled by Chardon. They also thought they had a shot to win before the game. They are just warning you with what to expect.

I am from CHARDON, You West Holmes now have our complete undivided attention. Our boys started working on you this morning. I expect you will be the only thing that these boys will think about for the next 6 days….. I promise you will get our best next Friday night wherever we play and I expect you will give us yours. Looking forward to seeing what your Region is made of. Best of luck to you. Go Hilltoppers!

Chardon had traditionally had maybe 1 or 2 regular posters on Yappi. That's about it. More have recently started posting but they are level headed and usually know football. For as good as they are and have been you would figure there would be more. I think Chardon wins pretty easily the next 2 weeks. I also think if a team is going to get Chardon it better be this year because this was supposed be the "down" year from what I have heard. They are about to have a Kirtland type run with what is coming through the system.

Region 9 is not near the toughest region. Get real. There are twenty or more teams in Ohio that beat Chardon if not more. They are a good team but Hobans, Ignatius’ , St. Edwards etc have athletes on another level than Chardon or anyone they’ve played.
Interesting you bring that up, I think CHARDON is trying to schedule Hoban as a regular season game next year……

Chardon had traditionally had maybe 1 or 2 regular posters on Yappi. That's about it. More have recently started posting but they are level headed and usually know football. For as good as they are and have been you would figure there would be more. I think Chardon wins pretty easily the next 2 weeks. I also think if a team is going to get Chardon it better be this year because this was supposed be the "down" year from what I have heard. They are about to have a Kirtland type run with what is coming through the system.
I’d say back to even the 90’s it was mostly just me and Snowbeltman, who is or was on the coaching staff. Much more knowledgeable on Chardon football than I.

Didn’t expect this. Thought Nordonia was a possibility.

Attachments

• 2C387294-5C92-4EA8-B383-E70666F53E92.png
    2C387294-5C92-4EA8-B383-E70666F53E92.png
    274.1 KB · Views: 23
Chardon wins big. Sorry WH. Chardon is just that good. I don't know anything about Granville or that badin team but I see Chardon winning it all.
You are just saying that Chardon is going to win big because they kicked Dover’s butt. I have watched Dover play about three or four games and I think West Holmes is better than Dover. West Holmes has more athletes and a player in Sam Williams Dixon that is head and shoulders above any player on Dovers team.