Division III State Championship: Hamilton Badin (14-0) vs. Chardon (15-0)

Who wins?

• Chardon by 17+

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Chardon by 8-16

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • Chardon by 1-7

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Badin by 1-7

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Badin by 8-16

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Badin by 17+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to 3:00pm today. Both are worthy teams and have EARNED their spots. Should be one heck of a game. Both defenses are legit and are equal in my mind. Obviously I'm biased, but I give the slight edge to Chardon on the offensive side of the ball for the pure fact Badin's QB1 is out, in combination with QB2 being a sophomore and the State Championship being his 2nd varsity start.

Individuals who've followed Chardon threads know that I predicted Chardon wouldn't survive Region 9 because I thought the offense was eventually going to have to win them a game, and I didn't think it had the fire power to do so. That said, the offense has yet to have to win a game for Chardon, but it has also gotten MUCH better throughout the season. I've backed off my initial comment slighlty that if the offense has to win Chardon a game, I'm still unsure if it could, because no team has yet to stonewall this offense completely. From the film I've watched, and the comments from the Badin fans here, we will find out if Chardon's offense is good enough to win THIS game. I'm just used to Chardon having a "homerun" hitter in the backfield that can take it the distance anytime he touches the ball. They don't have that this season, but they do a have an elite ground attack that takes what the defense gives.

Something has to give: Chardon has been able to run the ball all season, and Badin hasn't allowed ANYONE to run on them all season. That said, I'm curious to see if Badin will be able to consistently move the ball on Chardon's defense.

Fun Fact - The last time Chardon played a team from Kentucky was back in the State Championship in '98. Just like this season, they were the favorites, dominated the game statistically and turned the ball over 5 times, but lost 27-21 to Lebanon with Kelton Lindsay (was way more impressed with their other athletes though) on the old Hook 'N Ladder. Hoping our fortunes will be different against this Kentucky squad.

BTW - Is the pre-game fight still on for the parking lot? If so, what time? I've been known to throw one punch and RUN; and I'm not scared to do it again. Just kidding.....Good luck to Badin. I'm excited for a close, heart pounding game, just like we had last year. If the mercanaries win, I'll be one of the first to congratulate you guys, because it will have been EARNED.

All in good fun!!

Chardon - 16
Hamilton Badin - 7

Looking forward to a great gridiron battle today. Defensive game with two similar teams on that side of the ball. I think CHARDON has a few special teams players that can make the difference in the game. I predict a CHARDON Win by 10 point spread…..

Looking forward to 3:00pm today. Both are worthy teams and have EARNED their spots. Should be one heck of a game. Both defenses are legit and are equal in my mind. Obviously I'm biased, but I give the slight edge to Chardon on the offensive side of the ball for the pure fact Badin's QB1 is out, in combination with QB2 being a sophomore and the State Championship being his 2nd varsity start.

Individuals who've followed Chardon threads know that I predicted Chardon wouldn't survive Region 9 because I thought the offense was eventually going to have to win them a game, and I didn't think it had the fire power to do so. That said, the offense has yet to have to win a game for Chardon, but it has also gotten MUCH better throughout the season. I've backed off my initial comment slighlty that if the offense has to win Chardon a game, I'm still unsure if it could, because no team has yet to stonewall this offense completely. From the film I've watched, and the comments from the Badin fans here, we will find out if Chardon's offense is good enough to win THIS game. I'm just used to Chardon having a "homerun" hitter in the backfield that can take it the distance anytime he touches the ball. They don't have that this season, but they do a have an elite ground attack that takes what the defense gives.

Something has to give: Chardon has been able to run the ball all season, and Badin hasn't allowed ANYONE to run on them all season. That said, I'm curious to see if Badin will be able to consistently move the ball on Chardon's defense.

Fun Fact - The last time Chardon played a team from Kentucky was back in the State Championship in '98. Just like this season, they were the favorites, dominated the game statistically and turned the ball over 5 times, but lost 27-21 to Lebanon with Kelton Lindsay (was way more impressed with their other athletes though) on the old Hook 'N Ladder. Hoping our fortunes will be different against this Kentucky squad.

BTW - Is the pre-game fight still on for the parking lot? If so, what time? I've been known to throw one punch and RUN; and I'm not scared to do it again. Just kidding.....Good luck to Badin. I'm excited for a close, heart pounding game, just like we had last year. If the mercanaries win, I'll be one of the first to congratulate you guys, because it will have been EARNED.

All in good fun!!

Chardon - 16
Hamilton Badin - 7
It will absolutely be one heck of a game. I have to agree that both defenses are up to the task, and whichever team’s offense can find ways to move the ball and grind out a few scores will be the deciding factor. Special teams and turnovers will obviously be a huge factor.

In the Regional final Bellbrook seemed to find some success with the run, but Badin was able to hold on critical downs or capitalize on their penalties and mistakes. I have to wonder if Chardon will learn anything from Bellbrook’s running game, or maybe take to the air again like they did last year vs DeSales.

No surprises from this homer …

Chardon 24 - Badin 10

PS … if the rumble happens in the parking lot, we need some ground rules. My right shoulder can’t take a direct hit, and the knees are off limits. I am too old for this ?

PS … if the rumble happens in the parking lot, we need some ground rules. My right shoulder can’t take a direct hit, and the knees are off limits. I am too old for this ?
south park GIF

Badin is solid.

Nice Lines. They definitely have a size and strength advantage. But are extremely quick.
#11 has ice in his veins.

not sure Chardon can score again.

2Q’s left though. Who knows?

I know what the Chardon coach meant, but saying "there are seniors on both sides who have 24 minutes left in the rest of their lives" sounded kinda dire.

A new this was gonna be a street fight of a game.

Like shadow boxing.

I’m gonna hate to see one of these teams lose.

Badin has a slight edge in momentum.

8 mins left.

Badin ball.

Do they have another perfect call?

Question if a QB is outside the box and throws it away in hs it’s grounding?
What about college & pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.