Division III - Region 12 Championship: Trotwood-Madison (9-3) vs. Stephen T. Badin (9-3)

Who wins?

• Trotwood-Madison by 15+

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Trotwood-Madison by 8-14

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Trotwood-Madison by 1-7

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Badin by 1-7

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Badin by 8-14

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Badin by 15+

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trotwood fans playing it "close to the vest" this season. The system has them lowly seeded.......... and I like that.

T wood will be heavily favored in this one and they should be. Badin’s offense may give them some problems though as they pass and run well. Just hope Badin doesn’t get manhandled

No chance it’s at Northmont, that is north of trotwood and badin is south...
Guessing Middletown or Springboro, maybe even valley view if they put in to host?

Don’t know much about Trotwood, but from what I have heard it should be a good one on Friday night

Might be to the Rams advantage. Last two weeks have been ultra physical with two Wing T teams. Rams have excelled in space this year and played ultra athletic teams that run the spread and done OK. Wayne, Nmont, Springboro, Springfield. Not all wins but all competitive. This will be the most athletic team Badin has faced. Hoping for a good one!

Might be to the Rams advantage. Last two weeks have been ultra physical with two Wing T teams. Rams have excelled in space this year and played ultra athletic teams that run the spread and done OK. Wayne, Nmont, Springboro, Springfield. Not all wins but all competitive. This will be the most athletic team Badin has faced. Hoping for a good one!
No doubt about it. Badin is not even close to the teams you mentioned. CJ is the closest team that compares to the athletes that Trotwood has and CJ shut Badin down.

3 TDs.... Might be a stretch.. This is the regional final. I'll say Rams by 10 to 14. Tight first half but ultimately the battle tested Rams win out.

I'm telling that schedule has these kids believing they can play with and beat anyone right now.

Badin is very similar to Wapak. I see a very similar result. I’ll take Trotwood by two possessions.
Badin is nothing like Wapak. Offensively, majority of sets is single back. Defensively the are predominately a man-to-man, slant team. I guess the kickers for both teams are right footed.

Badin is nothing like Wapak. Offensively, majority of sets is single back. Defensively the are predominately a man-to-man, slant team. I guess the kickers for both teams are right footed.

jokes on you, Wapak’s kicker is left footed. I meant that both teams have similar personnel. The best athlete plays quarterback. Multiple guys on offense can do things with the ball. On defense, the linebackers are aggressive and athletic. Badin is a good team that will give Trotwood a game. It is just hard to beat a team like Trotwood. They’ve always found a way to win in the playoffs no matter how beat they look.

Don't sleep on Badin. I think Trotwood wins, but this is one of the better Badin teams that has been around in awhile. Wouldn't be shocked either way.

I don't think the T-wood Rams are sleeping on anyone at this point. The way Graham prepares his kids I know they are not taking anyone for granted. Again with only about 40 kids dressed out this year they are focusing on staying healthy and preparation. He will not let the kids overlook anyone. Between Graham and the Basketball coach (Rockhold) I do not think there are two guys around that ensure their kids compete as hard as they can regardless of the comp. If they lose it will becasue they were beat by a better team, not becasue they are looking past them.

I think styles make fights, and Hamilton Badin running a one back spread I think favors Trotwood-Madison because they are a very athletic defense that plays well in space. I think the question will be how does Badin match up with Trotwood when Trotwood has the ball. If they struggle stopping Trotwood like St Marys did a week ago it could be lopsided. Badin has been playing really good football since early in the season though. One thing is for sure. The Rams will be the winners in this one.

I think styles make fights, and Hamilton Badin running a one back spread I think favors Trotwood-Madison because they are a very athletic defense that plays well in space. I think the question will be how does Badin match up with Trotwood when Trotwood has the ball. If they struggle stopping Trotwood like St Marys did a week ago it could be lopsided. Badin has been playing really good football since early in the season though. One thing is for sure. The Rams will be the winners in this one.

I agree with the fact that Trotwood THRIVES against teams that run the spread and don’t have the athletes to match them. Looking back to 2014 when Graham became head coach, Trotwood has struggled against teams that run the ball hard and play good defense or teams that are athletic as they are.

14-21 L vs Centerville (athletes)
34-28 4OT W vs Wapakoneta (wing t and defense)
14-17 L vs TCC (athletes)
33-36 L vs Centerville (athletes)
20-21 L vs Troy (defense)
7-28 L vs Piqua (wing t and defense)
13-21 L vs TCC (athletes)
6-10 L vs Troy (both)
6-17 L vs Wayne (athletes)
34-27 W vs St. Mary’s (wing t and defense)
0-30 L vs Hoban (both)
Arguably best D3 of all time
6-33 L vs Simeon (athletes)
19-42 L vs Pickerington Central (athletes)
28-29 2OT L vs Xenia (triple option offense)
35-41 L vs Wayne (athletes)
21-24 L vs Wapakoneta (wing t and defense)
7-36 L vs Winton Woods (athletes)
25-28 L vs Springboro (athletes)
20-21 L vs Springfield (athletes)

I agree with the fact that Trotwood THRIVES against teams that run the spread and don’t have the athletes to match them. Looking back to 2014 when Graham became head coach, Trotwood has struggled against teams that run the ball hard and play good defense or teams that are athletic as they are.

6-10 L vs Troy (both)
0-30 L vs Hoban (both)
First post I agree with you 100%

6-10 L vs Troy (both)
0-30 L vs Hoban (both)
Wow! This is good stuff. Analytics?? Twood Rams by 14.