Division III - Region 10 Championship: Mansfield (11-1) vs. Sandusky (9-3)

Who wins?

• Mansfield by 15+

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Mansfield by 8-14

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Mansfield by 1-7

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Sandusky by 1-7

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Sandusky by 8-14

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sandusky by 15+

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Good luck to Mansfield. The Tygers had some great games with the Massillon Washington Tigers throughout the years.?

Sandusky is a totally different team that was wracked by penalties the first game between the two. Mansfield is still awesome with those brothers that hurt Sandusky the first time. Sandusky reminds me of the teams in the Sixties when they had two awesome backs in the backfield along with the quarterback. Stewart is a great back, but you can't go to sleep on Williams and Henry.

Yes, I remember Mansfield tying Massilon in 1965 which gave Sandusky #1 in one of the poles. Those were great years.

I believe you are talking about 2 different years. Mansfield tied Massillon 0-0 in the 3rd game of the 1966 season. The Tigers were 4-5-1 that year. The AP and UPI both had polls during that era. During the 1965 football season, Massillon was named state champions by the AP and Sandusky was awarded the UPI Poll.

It’s great to see that both Mansfield and Sandusky (Old Buckeye Conference Foes) are playing in the regional final on Friday. Good luck to both teams.

Last edited:
I believe you are talking about 2 different years. Mansfield tied Massillon 0-0 in the 3rd game of the 1966 season. The Tigers were 4-5-1 that year. The AP and UPI both had polls during that era. During the 1965 football season, Massillon was named state champions by the AP and Sandusky was awarded the UPI Poll.

It’s great to see that both Mansfield and Sandusky (Old Buckeye Conference Foes) are playing in the regional final on Friday. Good luck to both teams.
My bad. Some of my memories are slipping.

Thanks for the best wishes. I'd wish Massillon the best except they are playing Akron Hoban who has the son of a Sandusky product (Trayanum) playing against you.

Massillon lured Sandusky's coach to lead Massillon - for "the rest of the story" - he later coached Ohio State! He was also the only head coach at Massillon that was undefeated - and in an interesting twist to the story, he started his coaching career at Mansfield Sr high!

that nobody seems to know. yes i heard the rumor about the tigers vs tigers game and the loser had to change their name, and the poem, any evidence?