Division III Poll Voting Discussion (2019 Preseason)

1. Kenston
2. Trotwood-Madison
3. SVSM
4. Wapakoneta
5. St Mary’s
6. Bishop Hartley
7. Steubenville
8. Akron East
9. Glenville
10. Dover

1. Kenston
2. Bishop Hartley
3. Trotwood Madison
4. Wapakoneta
5. St Vincent St Marys
6. Steubenville
7. Akron East
8. St Marys
9. Norwalk
10. Chaminade Julienne

4. Wapakoneta
Physical wing-t team that graduated its entire offensive line? Evenly matched physically against Alter and Fenwick. I'd slot them as #5 in their region behind Alter (Hicks is going to be an absolute beast - one of the best sophomores in the state), Trotwood, CJ, and St Marys.

1. Kenston 2. Trotwood-Madison 3. Bishop Hartley 4. SVSM 5. Steubenville 6. Alter 7. Norwalk 8. St.Mary Memorial 9. Wapakoneta 10. Akron East

Im a huge Wapak fan and Im a little hesitant to be ranking them this high with losses on our offense. Our first game against Bellefontaine is tough I thought they had alot coming back then St. Marys who have alot of talent coming back and possibly one of the best D lineman in the state. I heard the new line is very small with a few kids under 200 pounds. Moyer has shown he is a tremendous coach but we lost alot of speed with Gibson gone and Chambers who really came on late plus a QB who played WR last year. I can see us making the playoffs but will be very close at the end of the year will be huge.

Physical wing-t team that graduated its entire offensive line? Evenly matched physically against Alter and Fenwick. I'd slot them as #5 in their region behind Alter (Hicks is going to be an absolute beast - one of the best sophomores in the state), Trotwood, CJ, and St Marys.

St. Mary’s also lost almost their entire offensive line, so why are they above Wapak. Why is CJ above Wapak and St. Mary’s? They proved nothing last year. They started off 6-0, not beating a single playoff team or a team with more than 6 wins, then lost 3 of 4, then got blasted in the first round by Fenwick. I hear about all these transfers but are those transfers coming back? Are they going to have an impact? I understand Wapak being lower on the list, they have a lot of unknowns. But I’m not sure about your logic. Alter? Fine. They beat Wapak fair and square last year. Trotwood? Fine. They lost to Wapak but Wapak is still only 1-4 against them and Trotwood is good every year.

I know this is could not be very accurate comparison, but CJ’s varsity beat Sidney’s varsity 33-21 in a scrimmage that Sidney seemed to be in the entire time. St. Mary’s absolutely dominated Sidney week 1 35-7. In that scrimmage CJ also had all those transfers.

Last edited:
Im a huge Wapak fan and Im a little hesitant to be ranking them this high with losses on our offense. Our first game against Bellefontaine is tough I thought they had alot coming back then St. Marys who have alot of talent coming back and possibly one of the best D lineman in the state. I heard the new line is very small with a few kids under 200 pounds. Moyer has shown he is a tremendous coach but we lost alot of speed with Gibson gone and Chambers who really came on late plus a QB who played WR last year. I can see us making the playoffs but will be very close at the end of the year will be huge.
Schedule is always brutal the bellefontaine game will be so much different than last year as far as one sided dominance

St. Mary’s also lost almost their entire offensive line, so why are they above Wapak. Why is CJ above Wapak and St. Mary’s? They proved nothing last year. They started off 6-0, not beating a single playoff team or a team with more than 6 wins, then lost 3 of 4, then got blasted in the first round by Fenwick. I hear about all these transfers but are those transfers coming back? Are they going to have an impact? I understand Wapak being lower on the list, they have a lot of unknowns. But I’m not sure about your logic. Alter? Fine. They beat Wapak fair and square last year. Trotwood? Fine. They lost to Wapak but Wapak is still only 1-4 against them and Trotwood is good every year.

I know this is could not be very accurate comparison, but CJ’s varsity beat Sidney’s varsity 33-21 in a scrimmage that Sidney seemed to be in the entire time. St. Mary’s absolutely dominated Sidney week 1 35-7. In that scrimmage CJ also had all those transfers.
You know this already. Scrimmages mean almost nothing. Among CJ transfers coming back is a very talented QB. CJ is favorite in GCL this year. Don't sleep on Badin either. Think top 5 are Kenston, Hartley, SVMS, CJ

You know this already. Scrimmages mean almost nothing. Among CJ transfers coming back is a very talented QB. CJ is favorite in GCL this year. Don't sleep on Badin either. Think top 5 are Kenston, Hartley, SVMS, CJ

Ik scrimmages mean almost nothing, that’s why i said it’s not an accurate comparison. I also do think the QB will make an impact, along with the running back coming back. However, they haven’t proven anything yet.