Division III Football Poll - Week 9 (10/28/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 New Philadelphia (New Philadelphia) (9-0) (147) [8]
2 Aurora (Aurora) (9-0) (140) [2]
3 Bishop Hartley (Columbus) (8-1) (138) [2]
4 Kenston (Chagrin Falls) (8-1) (88) [3]
5 Chaminade Julienne (Dayton) (8-1) (80) [1]
6 Jonathan Alder (Plain City) (9-0) (77)
7 St Vincent-St Mary (Akron) (7-2) (73) [1]
8 Streetsboro (Streetsboro) (9-0) (69)
9 Jackson (Jackson) (9-0) (61) [2]
10 Trotwood-Madison (Trotwood) (7-2) (58) [2]

Others - Norwalk (Norwalk) (8-1), Granville (Granville) (8-1), Wapakoneta (Wapakoneta) (8-1), Chardon (Chardon) (7-2), Mansfield (Mansfield) (8-1)

AP Poll:

DIVISION III

1 New Philadelphia (12) 9-0 170
2 Columbus Hartley (2) 8-1 143
3 Jonathan Alder (3) 9-0 131
4 Aurora (1) 9-0 124
5 Streetsboro 9-0 99
6 Chaminade Julienne (2) 8-1 93
7 Kenston 8-1 75
8 Norwalk 8-1 55
9 Trotwood-Madison 7-2 47
10 Jackson 9-0 34

Others receiving 12 or more points: Mansfield 27. Franklin 27. Wapakoneta 27.

They could have had a chance last year but they didn’t even get out of their region. And Kenston put a running clock on the Region 12 champ.

Look at the team that beat Kenston last year. Chardon was the most athletic team Kenston played all year. Look at the teams that Kenston destroyed in the playoffs. Canfield is a team that will try to run the football down your throat. Same thing with Eastmoor. And Alter. If any team would have beat Kenston last year in the playoffs it would have been Trotwood. They could have covered Kenston’s receivers that tore up Alter because Alter did not have a very good secondary.

If you think trotwood can’t compete with some of these teams you are crazy. they have Played by far the toughest schedule in D3 and have the athletes to run right past you and the size up front to run right through you. They will make it out of R12 with no problems and I think they will win state. Never doubt coach graham.

Look at the team that beat Kenston last year. Chardon was the most athletic team Kenston played all year. Look at the teams that Kenston destroyed in the playoffs. Canfield is a team that will try to run the football down your throat. Same thing with Eastmoor. And Alter. If any team would have beat Kenston last year in the playoffs it would have been Trotwood. They could have covered Kenston’s receivers that tore up Alter because Alter did not have a very good secondary.
There is no, "should've, could've or would've." Get the job done one game at a time. Trotwood didn't. They got bounced by a team Alter beat by 2 touchdowns. Obviously this is a different year, but come on.

If you think trotwood can’t compete with some of these teams you are crazy. they have Played by far the toughest schedule in D3 and have the athletes to run right past you and the size up front to run right through you. They will make it out of R12 with no problems and I think they will win state. Never doubt coach graham.
Everyone acknowledges the program Trotwood has. We all know that on any given year, they are a threat to win it all, and obviously are battle-tested. And it is obviously fine to have the opinion that Trotwood will win it all-I don't see anyone saying they can't compete with whoever is put in front of them.

You won't get the chance to because SVSM is going to obliterate any of all of them paper tigers.
Hahahaha. That's why they play the games. Barberton played Massillon just as well if not better than St. V. Take a look at what Aurora did to them the previous week. I'm sure St. V. is good. They will not obliterate Aurora. No chance.

Division III will be one of the most competitive divisions in football. Some of the divisions it would be a big surprise if the top few teams aren't there in the final game. Looking at this poll, any number of these teams could be playing for the championship. StV is very good but a long way from being a lock to make it out of region 9.

Everyone acknowledges the program Trotwood has. We all know that on any given year, they are a threat to win it all, and obviously are battle-tested. And it is obviously fine to have the opinion that Trotwood will win it all-I don't see anyone saying they can't compete with whoever is put in front of them.
This

There is no, "should've, could've or would've." Get the job done one game at a time. Trotwood didn't. They got bounced by a team Alter beat by 2 touchdowns. Obviously this is a different year, but come on.

The guy said that Kenston put a running block on the region 12 champ, which means he was implying Trotwood would be no match for Kenston. Trotwood beat Winton Woods last year, who I think we could all agree would have beat anyone in D3 last year by at least 2 scores. They also took Wayne to overtime, who had a chance with Hoban until the last few minutes of the 4th. I’m just trying to say that if Kenston and Trotwood played last year, Trotwood would at least make the game competitive.

The guy said that Kenston put a running block on the region 12 champ, which means he was implying Trotwood would be no match for Kenston. Trotwood beat Winton Woods last year, who I think we could all agree would have beat anyone in D3 last year by at least 2 scores. They also took Wayne to overtime, who had a chance with Hoban until the last few minutes of the 4th. I’m just trying to say that if Kenston and Trotwood played last year, Trotwood would at least make the game competitive.
I stand corrected. You’re right. I think it’s everyone getting a little overly-defensive about implications one team would blow another out. If that was the intention, it’s safe to say they are in the very overwhelmed minority. Trotwood may not have had the team last year, even, but this is a whole new year. On most years, Trotwood can play with anyone in their division.

It will be very interesting to see. It seems R9 and R10 are up in the air, while 11 and 12 have Hartley and Trotwood as heavy favorites. Whoever comes out of 9 has to be considered a contender, while Trotwood and Hartley, obviously are.

Regional champion probabilities

Projections.png

Trotwood lost to Wapakoneta last year. That ended a streak of 8 consecutive regional titles and 2 State Titles in 2011 and 2017. I would say they can compete with anyone. They have played all division 1 schools.

Trotwood lost to Wapakoneta last year. That ended a streak of 8 consecutive regional titles and 2 State Titles in 2011 and 2017. I would say they can compete with anyone. They have played all division 1 schools.
Like I said in following post, Obviously Trotwood is a contender on any given year. It was simply a comment to say that last year wasn't their year. It was a reply to a comment kind of downplaying Kenston's run last year.

Kenston was the champ and won the championship game 42-7 correct? you can't downplay those results. Trotwood-Madison didn't play well at the end of the season last year and got put out of the playoffs, they were due to lose a game in the region, it had been since 2009, our 4th grade team wasn't even born yet. They will be back in the Region 12 picture this year with a chance to make some noise. Might be back at Wapakoneta in the first round next weekend

Just let me say it will be decided on the field and no predictions, records or stats make a difference, because it isn't over until the fat lady sings. Anything can happen in football!

Also, why can't people let defeat go and stop making excuses for the lose. On that giving day, the other team won and there is no complaining that can make it a win. Give the other team some credit, they exploited your mistakes, scored more points and was just out coached and played on that given day. I am sorry my friends that is just Football!