Division II State Semifinal: Winton Woods (11-3) vs Uniontown Green (11-3)

Who wins?

• Winton Woods by 17+

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • Winton Woods by 8-16

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • Winton Woods by 1-7

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Green by 1-7

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats to Winton Woods and Coach Murphy. They definitely made the right choice with that hire! I've always been a fan of his. There were some growing pains at the beginning of the year with the new offense, but hats off to the kids for buying into the new system and improving as the year went on.

I definitely attended the wrong game last night going to see Moeller implode at the end.

Good luck in the State Championship game!

I wonder if Green fans feel more fortunate to win their last game, or more unfortunate to lose this one? Guessing the latter. What ifs are a ***ch huh? Such is the life of a hs football fan.

For WW, been there done that. Already much respect from all corners of the state w/ little to prove. Be proud enjoy the win but allow Green fans to vent a little.

For Green, prolly most improved team in D2. You earned alot of respect. FL & NE OH fans and certainly I, won't look at you guys the same after that run. Have to follow it up though.

Green, you started league play with 2 tough losses no one would have predicted you to go this far. You got better and better as the season went on and very much deserved to be here. So happy to see the community support in the stands! It wasn't your best game today but you never quit and played til the last whistle. Keep playing with that confidence and you will have more opportunities down the road. See you at our place next year and look forward to another hard hitting game.

Congrats to WW on the win and Congrats to Green on a great season. They proved the better team in most aspects of the game but the times that counted most didn’t go their way. Truly, against all odds. No one favored Green, ever, and time and time again they proved the nay sayers wrong. Kudos to the program, players, coaches and students who made it all happen this year.

And how about Green being moved to the home side of the field just hours before the game because of landslide ticket sales?! That’s a community that’s hungry!
IT'S CRAZY TO HAVE 525 TOTAL YDS AND ONLY SCORE 7 POINTS.
SOMETIMES THE BETTER TEAM DOESN'T GET THE 'W'.
GREAT SEASON FOR BOTH TEAMS.

IT'S CRAZY TO HAVE 525 TOTAL YDS AND ONLY SCORE 7 POINTS.
SOMETIMES THE BETTER TEAM DOESN'T GET THE 'W'.
GREAT SEASON FOR BOTH TEAMS.

No the better team got the W because what you do between the 5's doesn't matter. You can gain 1000 yards in a game but if you turn the ball over 4 times in the RedZone and then run the dumbest play in the history of High School football on 4th and 1 from the 3. You get what you deserve.

The Green defensive players should be very upset today, they played a great game but the offense and offensive play calling let them get beat.

W
Are you serious? WW holds on every single play. Their tackles latch on the back of jerseys as soon as they can. It’s easy to get the edge when you hold the person setting the edge. This has been coached that way there since Everhart. Who essentially admitted it at a coaching clinic years ago. Stop trying to act like it is anything but what it is. It’s one sided because WW consistently and continually does it. The homer refs that are always doing the WW home games just won’t call because they are total homers and the laziest crew I have ever seen. When They are away from WW, they call it the way it should be called. Don’t t
Let facts get in the way of your opinion.
wtf u talking bout in Everhart offense they didn’t even block edge defenders majority of the time cuz that was the read

Green, you started league play with 2 tough losses no one would have predicted you to go this far. You got better and better as the season went on and very much deserved to be here. So happy to see the community support in the stands! It wasn't your best game today but you never quit and played til the last whistle. Keep playing with that confidence and you will have more opportunities down the road. See you at our place next year and look forward to another hard hitting game.
I always look forward to the Battle of Uniontown, but I'm not expecting it to go very well for Green next year. You guys are going to be stacked.