Division II State Championship: Massillon Washington (14-0) vs. La Salle (12-2)

Who wins?

• Massillon by 15+

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Massillon by 8-14

Votes: 50 16.9%
  • Massillon by 1-7

Votes: 80 27.0%
  • La Salle by 1-7

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • La Salle by 8-14

Votes: 46 15.5%
  • La Salle by 15+

Votes: 22 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Massillon is complaining on here about the privates, yet you see no one from the other public school in DII who had to play Massillon complaining about the Massillon advantage over them with their open enrollment and high competitive balance number of 56. Warren Harding CB number is 4, Perry' is 15, and Avon CB is 0.

Last edited:
You know Massillon is complaining on here about the privates, yet you see no one from the other public school in DII who had to play Massillon complaining about the Massillon advantage over them with their open enrollment and high competitive balance number of 56. Warren Harding CB number is 4, Perry' is 15, and Avon CB is 0.
Lol.

Public vs Private debate rages in while I think we had 6 public school state champs and 1 Private? CB seems to have done its job. Unfortunately for Massillon and all of the other D2 teams it has moved Lasalle, Hoban and TCC into that division for awhile. Tigers had their best team, home field advantage and all of the momentum and the players didn’t make the plays. 2 fumbles was the difference. Ironically 1 by the ST V’s best player and D1 recruit who magically shows up his senior year at Massillon. Don’t want to hear the public/private argument from Massillon. Doesn’t apply.

I disagree. Massillon doesn't have the freedom to have a billboard like this....

I talked to a LaSalle parent last night...she was quite unhappy with this sign and the school "putting football before academics."

When you enter Massillon, there is a sign Welcome to Massillon and right underneath it a sign with the Tiger logo and the words Home of the Tigers 24 Time State Football Champions. What does that tell you about Massillon. It's all about Football, Football, Football

When you enter Massillon, there is a sign Welcome to Massillon and right underneath it a sign with the Tiger logo and the words Home of the Tigers 24 Time State Football Champions. What does that tell you about Massillon. It's all about Football, Football, Football
Makes you wonder if they'll change the sign to 25 to reflect another AP champion.

Reactions: y2h
If La Salle's billboard is OK with the OHSAA
That Massillon picture was from 2013. I think they got scolded for it. The LaSalle billboard is definitely not OK.

4-9-3 “Mass marketing,” though a form of recruiting students, may be permitted under this bylaw by any and all member high schools provided the mass marketing complies with the following forms:1. Must involve the entire high school program and all of its elements and shall not be solely or primarily for the school’s athletic program or programs.

5. Using the school website or other forms of media such as billboards, newspaper advertisements, etc. to advertise all aspects of the school’s educational offerings and not solely athletics information is permissible.

4-9-4 Forms of recruiting that are prohibited by this bylaw include but are not limited to:

5. Member schools distributing athletic publications or advertising solely for athletics. All athletic materials must be accompanied by general school information prior to student registration.

A4. In general a school may be involved in marketing its programs provided all elements of the school’s programs are included. Marketing with a solely athletic focus, regardless of the mechanism of distribution, is prohibited.

5)Using the school web siteor other forms of media such as billboards, newspaper advertisements, etcto advertise all aspects of the school’s educational offerings and not solely athletics information is permissible.

That Massillon picture was from 2013. I think they got scolded for it. The LaSalle billboard is definitely not OK.

4-9-3 “Mass marketing,” though a form of recruiting students, may be permitted under this bylaw by any and all member high schools provided the mass marketing complies with the following forms:1. Must involve the entire high school program and all of its elements and shall not be solely or primarily for the school’s athletic program or programs.

5. Using the school website or other forms of media such as billboards, newspaper advertisements, etc. to advertise all aspects of the school’s educational offerings and not solely athletics information is permissible.

4-9-4 Forms of recruiting that are prohibited by this bylaw include but are not limited to:

5. Member schools distributing athletic publications or advertising solely for athletics. All athletic materials must be accompanied by general school information prior to student registration.

A4. In general a school may be involved in marketing its programs provided all elements of the school’s programs are included. Marketing with a solely athletic focus, regardless of the mechanism of distribution, is prohibited.

5)Using the school web siteor other forms of media such as billboards, newspaper advertisements, etcto advertise all aspects of the school’s educational offerings and not solely athletics information is permissible.
Makes me wonder about a few schools who have state champion banners attatched to the building, is this not a form of a "billboard".

It is okay, since as Mickey posted, LaSalle has numerous billboards around town...featuring all facets of the school curriculum. There's even a couple of students doing service work.

Every GCL school in town (boys and girls) has billboards.

There is only one Catholic school in Tucson, co-ed BTW, and every night before the national news comes on, they have a 30 second ad extolling the virtues of the school.

What school?
I would like to know where you see the privates report cards because I can not find anything. Where is the accountability that the privates are increasing value added scores higher than publics are? I am a teacher at an inner city high school, I can promise you our test scores aren't lower than the cities privates because are teachers are less skilled or are lazy. This is a different world than walking the halls of a private school.

Status
Not open for further replies.