Division II Region 7 - Meet Suspended

90buckeye

The Division II Region 7 Regional Track & Field Championship Meet’s Games Committee was convened this evening, and in consultation with meet management, the following has been decided to be the best course of action to complete the meet that was suspended this evening due to inclement weather.

Saturday, May 28

Field events will begin at 10:30 AM which is one hour earlier than originally scheduled: girls pole vault, boys high jump, girls long jump, boys shot put, girls discus. Boys pole vault will be completed upon conclusion of the girls pole vault

Running events will begin at 12:00 PM which is one hour earlier than originally scheduled. All remaining running events originally scheduled for today will be contested as finals only on Saturday. The first event will be the girls 100m hurdles. Heats will be redrawn into slow/fast heats and will be seeded based on time only.

The meet will run on a rolling schedule. The referee will monitor the time between races to ensure proper rest is provided.

Awards for completed events that were not presented today will be given as time permits on Saturday.

Updated heat sheets and schedule will be posted on MileSplit by 11:30 PM tonight.

The 4x800 was the only running event to be completed. That will make life much easier on Saturday for the distance runners. The travel for some of the schools in this region is brutal, and I especially feel for the schools who are split between DII and another division because their coaching staffs will be getting home late on Friday and have to turn out an hour earlier on Saturday morning. I will see a few of those coaches on Friday at my meet.

Additionally, it appears that Region 6 completed the girls 4x100 prelims but could not continue any farther on Thursday, so it will be timed finals from the boys 4x100 onward at that regional (Lexington).

Outside of having a boys 4x4 stormed out of regional prelims and re-seeded as a timed final and having a short delay before district finals started one year, I am thankful to have not been in the situation these teams find themselves in for Saturday.

Division II, Region 8 was completed as scheduled in Piqua
Region 5 completed as scheduled in Youngstown

Last edited:
The same thing happened with the Wayne regional, suspended after the girls 100m. The timed final in the boys 200m heat two has got to be the greatest ever assembled from top to bottom, all eight runners are under 22 seconds, amazing.