Division II - Region 5 Championship: Archbishop Hoban (11-1) vs. Massillon Washington (12-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can only hope leppy

I am unbiased. I don’t have any feelings about Massillon. I want to see a good game and I would want both star RB’s to play. If Massillon wants to play a kid on a Friday that was arrested for felony assault on a Thursday, ok.

The irony of this post is crazy ironic! You are complaining to a guy with more screen names than he has dollars to pay his bills about a guy with multiple screen names! His screen names even talk to each other and like each other's posts! Its a world gone MAD, i tells ya!

"What Me Worry?" -A.E. Newman
I would respond but the redundancy would be..... redundant.... lol couldn't resist...

This may all be a distraction for the team or it could be a galvanizing factor. If I were playing in this game for the Tigers I would want to punish somebody.

I am unbiased. I don’t have any feelings about Massillon. I want to see a good game and I would want both star RB’s to play. If Massillon wants to play a kid on a Friday that was arrested for felony assault on a Thursday, ok.
Riiiiight right, right.

It’s amazing how many outsiders are so concerned with everything Massillon. Your team is literally in a state of “who the hell the coach is going to be next year” , and on top of that, the team you are so concerned about boat raced your asses 65-0 the last 2 years. If that was Massillon I sure as hell wouldn’t be up in arms about what someone else was doing.

What are you talking about? I played football at 2 schools, Liberty and Hudson. I don’t know if Hudson ever played Massillon and I know Liberty hasn’t.

Maybe, just maybe, open your simple little mind up to the fact that the kid defended his grandma from an attacker. That he then went to court and had the case DISMISSED since it was clear it was in self defense of HIS GRANDMOTHER. But yes, lets create outrage about a kid playing in the biggest game of his life after he was targeted by Hoban and the APD for defending a family member. Amazing how low some people are willing to go in order to spin their narrative about Massillon.

I'm amazed at the joy some people take in the potential fall of a young kid. If this is true, this could be the beginning of the end for a promising young man. Also, if it's true, it's blame lies directly at his feet. It's not some vast conspiracy or the fault of Hoban, SVSM, Massillon or anyone else. Simple societal rules are just that- simple, and everyone knows them. What too many fail to realize is that this is about more than just football.

For the sake of the KID, I hope it's all a big misunderstanding/internet rumor and that he'll move on to a prosperous adulthood without a conviction burdening his future. I'm sick and damn tired of reading those types of stories.
Yeah, the over-arching situation of “people (online) over-amplifying a kid’s supposed misdeeds” by means of the anonymous internet has twisted and contorted an otherwise impassioned local high school football scene into a hell-scape of venomous sneering and narrative formation. The young man has been through enough in this saga, the justice system (the only true arbiter in this arena) appears to vindicate him here and yet it’s not enough for people to keep spike-driving the situation at hand as a vehicle for their own personal disdain toward the team he plays for. There’s no winners here.

Maybe, just maybe, open your simple little mind up to the fact that the kid defended his grandma from an attacker. That he then went to court and had the case DISMISSED since it was clear it was in self defense of HIS GRANDMOTHER. But yes, lets create outrage about a kid playing in the biggest game of his life after he was targeted by Hoban and the APD for defending a family member. Amazing how low some people are willing to go in order to spin their narrative about Massillon.
He was targeted by the Akron PD? Go on...

Last week he was either wearing a thick ankle brace or he was playing hurt which inhibited his ability to cut which would not bode well against Ballard.
This is without a doubt one of the most asinine posts I've ever read on Yappi, which is saying a lot. Hoban couldn't care less if Keyes plays. They respect the kid, have played against him the past 3 years, and frankly he hasn't had an ounce of individual or team success against them. That has nothing to do with how tonight goes, but to accuse Hoban of some nefarious plot to have him arrested is a fantasm. You're probably still looking for Hilary's pizza shop.

Don't think he ever went to court, it was dismissed on Nov 21st, he was to appear Nov 22nd at 9am.

He was targeted by the Akron PD? Go on...
The timing of this is pretty weird though, you have to admit. I can understand their paranoia. I might disparage their pariah program for all the cheating they get away with and their obnoxious fan base with their misguided priorities, but even I find the timing of this event to seem beyond odd. How would you explain it?

Without our official big school State Football Championships Stark County would have NONE

This is without a doubt one of the most asinine posts I've ever read on Yappi, which is saying a lot. Hoban couldn't care less if Keyes plays. They respect the kid, have played against him the past 3 years, and frankly he hasn't had an ounce of individual or team success against them. That has nothing to do with how tonight goes, but to accuse Hoban of some nefarious plot to have him arrested is a fantasm. You're probably still looking for Hilary's pizza shop.
Looks like your school is being accused by Massillon's fan base for pulling strings @ APD to cheat their way past the Tigers because you aren't good enough to just take care of matters on the field.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Agreed, and besides the Mayor of Akron is a St. V guy. He probably would love to see Massillon thump Hoban. Unless he is still mad that Keyes jumped ship on the Irish.

How’s Keyes even eligible to be playing? The address on the docket is an Akron address not Massillon. Shouldn’t he have been done playing after game 5?

Does anyone know if BW3 is still open across from the stadium? Haven't been to Infocision for a while and went there last time.

There is something very fishy going on here. This happened in AUGUST! The APD has known where he has been for 3 MONTHS! And 2 DAYS before this game they come and get him?

It makes you wonder if Hoban graduates that work with the APD were involved in this case. Hoban will do whatever it takes to win, which does not shock anyone if they were pulling some strings behind the scenes. Hoban would probably go as low as to guilt trip their alumni to help them win.

Status
Not open for further replies.