Division II Football Poll - Week 3 (09/15/20)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

1 Archbishop Hoban (Akron) (3-0) (402) [33]
2 La Salle (Cincinnati) (2-1) (293) [3]
3 Central Catholic (Toledo) (3-0) (250)
4 Massillon Washington (Massillon) (2-1) (236) [2]
5 Avon (Avon) (3-0) (224)
6 Winton Woods (Cincinnati) (3-0) (180) [1]
7 Benedictine (Cleveland) (2-1) (140) [2]
8 Hudson (Hudson) (3-0) (121) [1]
9 Perry (Massillon) (3-0) (82)
10 Olentangy (Lewis Center) (3-0) (67)

Others - Austintown-Fitch (Austintown) (3-0), Westerville South (Westerville) (3-0), Riverside (Painesville) (3-0), Avon Lake (Avon Lake) (2-1), Kings (Kings Mills) (2-0)

KramericaIndustries

I'm very surprised too, they gave Toledo CC an extremely tough game and have a legit D1 college QB in Lichtenberg (UC commit) with several dangerous targets to throw to. They would likely beat at least half the teams listed on this page.

KramericaIndustries

While there certainly are a few teams in here who have done nothing but beat up tomato cans and goat herders, I do recognize the difficult task of ranking teams this early in the year. Having seen SJJ in person last year and seeing Lichtenberg in action, and having seen at least some of the highlights of that Toledo CC matchup, it is crazy to not have them in here as a top 10 team somewhere. Much like the lazy Harbin computer, people who don't watch the film don't understand that very good teams can lose football games and still be a very good team.

LS92

I didn't vote for SJJ, not because they aren't a solid team, but because their administration said earlier this season that they may cancel all fall sports based on activities of non-athletes. Which means what their players do on the field does not determine their destiny. I don't know how to rate that against schools whose outcome is based off of what happens on the field. So, while I have no problem with others voting for these deserving young men, I have no way to do so.

KramericaIndustries

That's great, while you are at it let's factor in school mascots and whether or not the head coach has zits on his back as criteria as well. With any luck, pretty soon what the kids actually do on the field will be meaningless and the ultimate goal will be achieved.

LS92

That's great, while you are at it let's factor in school mascots and whether or not the head coach has zits on his back as criteria as well. With any luck, pretty soon what the kids actually do on the field will be meaningless and the ultimate goal will be achieved.
If you know of a coach's back zits that can withdraw a school from the playoffs, or a mascot that pull off that feat, let me know.