Division II Football Poll - Week 2 (09/09/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 Archbishop Hoban (Akron) (2-0) (243) [20]
2 Massillon Washington (Massillon) (2-0) (194) [4]
3 La Salle (Cincinnati) (2-0) (181) [2]
4 Winton Woods (Cincinnati) (2-0) (180) [1]
5 Avon (Avon) (2-0) (136)
6 Central Catholic (Toledo) (2-0) (127)
7 Wadsworth (Wadsworth) (2-0) (82) [3]
8 Austintown-Fitch (Austintown) (2-0) (55)
9 Anthony Wayne (Whitehouse) (2-0) (51)
10 Perry (Massillon) (2-0) (46)

Others - Benedictine (Cleveland) (2-0), Turpin (Cincinnati) (2-0), Lima Senior (Lima) (2-0), Mayfield (Mayfield) (2-0), Little Miami (Morrow) (2-0)

Big drop off for Barberton, but I definitely understand it. Stow is going to be a team to reckon with this season. They have great size and speed in the skilled positions. It will be interesting to see how Stow does against Solon on Friday.

Wadsworth ranked too high. I understand they have had two really good back to back seasons and are 2-0 this year, but anyone who has seen them play this year would tell you they are not the 7th best team in the state. They were lucky to beat Wooster at home last Friday.

Wadsworth ranked too high. I understand they have had two really good back to back seasons and are 2-0 this year, but anyone who has seen them play this year would tell you they are not the 7th best team in the state. They were lucky to beat Wooster at home last Friday.

I have no problem with them being ranked regardless of how they win their games. It's hard to pick teams for a top 10 so early in the season. Even at the end of the season a majority of users probably haven't seen the entire list of candidates play. But I am curious about how they got 3 first places votes. Are there really 3 people here that sincerely think they would beat Hoban? Not to mention Massilon, La Salle, or Winton Woods?