(23-2)Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame 56 (20-4)Cincinnati Mercy McAuley 47
(24-2)Centerville 54 (25-1)Cincinnati Walnut Hills 39
Regional Final: (24-2)Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame 70 (25-2)Centerville 63

STATE SEMI FINALS
(22-2)CantonGlenOak vs.(25-2)Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame
(27-1)Pickerington Central vs.(22-5)Toledo Notre Dame Academy
STATE FINAL

Last edited:

I like pick central to win it all playing one of Cincy teams mt. Notre Dame or mercy.
My next pick is Newark if not pick central
Wild card pick is walnut hills

Shyanne Sellers

It will be interesting to see how far she pulls Aurora along. She is hard to stop, Stow did all they could and she still put up 40. GlenOak will not be able to pressure her either she can break a press and dish. Face guard her and she will post up and score from the block. Others on the Aurora team will need to hit shots though for them to win.

It would be really cool to see an all - Canton final in Columbus- Canton GlenOak vs Canton McKinley. That would be one for the ages! I just would never predict it. There are so many really, really good teams from all of the regions this year that any predictions seem like predicting the winning numbers to a lottery drawing.

2019 GIRLS BASKETBALL DIVISION I REGIONAL & STATE TOURNAMENT

REGION 1(CANTON)
(24-1)Eastlake North vs.(20-4)Solon
(24-1)Aurora vs.(20-2)Canton Glenoak
Regional Final:
REGION 2(NORWALK)
(20-5)Toledo Notre Dame Academy vs.(23-2)Medina
(21-3)Avon Lake vs.(24-1)Canton McKinley
Regional Final:
REGION 3(WESTERVILLE)
(25-1)Pickerington Central vs.(18-8)Westerville South
(20-6)Reynoldsburg vs.(24-2)Newark
Regional Final:
REGION 4(KETTERING)
(23-2)Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame vs.(20-4)Cincinnati Mercy McAuley
(24-2)Centerville vs.(25-1)Cincinnati Walnut Hills
Regional Final:

STATE SEMI FINALS
Region 1 Winner vs.Region 4 Winner
Region 3 Winner vs.Region 2 Winner
STATE FINAL

I like the Elks and MND to win Kettering first round games. If MND plays well, I think they might get revenge vs. the Elks to go to the Final 4.

I like the Elks and MND to win Kettering first round games. If MND plays well, I think they might get revenge vs. the Elks to go to the Final 4.

Didn't see the regular season game, but the regional final stands to be well worth the ticket price. Battle of two of the top freshman in the area in CM vs. KB too.

Both of these games will be streamed at www.whbcsports.com

Canton region tonight at 7:30, Norwalk tomorrow at noon.

I'm hoping both Canton teams win and we have a Canton final a week from tomorrow. It will be fun to be back @ the Varsity hanging out with friends from BOTH schools! :party:

Go Canton McKinley Lady Pups! Always keep the faith!

41-41 with 4:15 remaining. Now down to 3:36 and North has the ball. North spreading things out....shot is missed and rebounded by GlenOak. Shot is missed, put back is good.

43-41 GlenOak with 2:40 remaining. North turned it over with 2:29.

GO timeout...being patient...down to 1:45...1:33...another GO timeout called. GlenOak shot is blocked, ball to be inbounded by GlenOak. Shot missed, and GO foul called...4th on Mucci (sp). North with ball with 48 seconds left. 30 seconds left. Muchi forces a turnover. GO ball with 28 seconds and a 2 point lead.

Eastlake North only has four fouls, so they have to get a turnover or get the fouls. Only 16 seconds left after a foul. And another foul. 3rd foul with 13 seconds left. GO to inbound...Mucci is fouled and goes to the line for 1 and 1 with 12 seconds left. Makes the first...misses the 2nd and GO gets the rebound. GO fouled with 2.5 seconds left.

Mucci back to the line....makes the first and the game is over.

Congrats to GlenOak....on to the final four.

Last edited:
Reynoldsburg must be very good to beat Pick Central by 27!

I think you got that backwards. Pickerington Central won by 27. I wasn't surprised by that outcome given that Pickerington Central won 71-47 earlier this year.

That said, on paper, Pickerington Central is the best team in Ohio. The other teams are going to have to prove otherwise.

I think you got that backwards. Pickerington Central won by 27. I wasn't surprised by that outcome given that Pickerington Central won 71-47 earlier this year.

That said, on paper, Pickerington Central is the best team in Ohio. The other teams are going to have to prove otherwise.

Haha I read PIck Central dumped. Have to get new glasses!

Go Lady Pups! Always , always keep the faith!

I saw the Glen Oak - Eastlake North game and it was a great and well-contested game. As someone who hasn't watched much high school girls basketball lately, I came away with some observations that maybe more long-time basketball observers can tell me if I'm mistaken or not.

1. Each team had 2, maybe 3, girls who could dribble the ball. It sure seemed like a lot of 2-man game. The others didn't have much interest in putting the ball on the ground.

2. Lots of 3-pointers and spread the floor man-to-man. Has the 3 taken over the girls' game, like it has everywhere else?

3. Has the explosion of volleyball (and lacrosse and soccer, as well) taken many of the better athletes - especially the taller ones - away from basketball, so the overall athleticism remaining in basketball is down compared to 10-20 years ago? I watch more high school volleyball and the overall quickness and lateral movement just seemed missing in the basketball game compared to what I see in volleyball. The top players in tonight's game seemed strong, but the depth appeared missing.

:party:
I saw the Glen Oak - Eastlake North game and it was a great and well-contested game. As someone who hasn't watched much high school girls basketball lately, I came away with some observations that maybe more long-time basketball observers can tell me if I'm mistaken or not.

1. Each team had 2, maybe 3, girls who could dribble the ball. It sure seemed like a lot of 2-man game. The others didn't have much interest in putting the ball on the ground.

2. Lots of 3-pointers and spread the floor man-to-man. Has the 3 taken over the girls' game, like it has everywhere else?

3. Has the explosion of volleyball (and lacrosse and soccer, as well) taken many of the better athletes - especially the taller ones - away from basketball, so the overall athleticism remaining in basketball is down compared to 10-20 years ago? I watch more high school volleyball and the overall quickness and lateral movement just seemed missing in the basketball game compared to what I see in volleyball. The top players in tonight's game seemed strong, but the depth appeared missing.

That's a lot to glean from just one game, don't you think? GlenOak has a deep team this year. Sometimes in tournament teams tighten up and the best ball handlers can want to own the rock. I think a lot of 3 balls are taken more often nowadays, but I haven't seen enough games or stats to warrant a definitive statement one way or the other. Appearances can be deceptive!

:party:

That's a lot to glean from just one game, don't you think? GlenOak has a deep team this year. Sometimes in tournament teams tighten up and the best ball handlers can want to own the rock. I think a lot of 3 balls are taken more often nowadays, but I haven't seen enough games or stats to warrant a definitive statement one way or the other. Appearances can be deceptive!

Just an observation. I only saw Hoban's team play once this year, so like I said I'm not a veteran observer.

Glen Oak's #11 and #42 were both strong players and #0 hit 3 free throws to seal the win. North's #3 (#4 when she changed jerseys) and #23 I thought were the best players in the game. But North didn't score in the last 5:02+ as Glen Oak scored the last 8 points of the game. So, congrats to Glen Oak as they're playing next weekend.

But maybe that's just basketball in general ... 2 or maybe 3 good players and complementary players/filler on the rest of the roster

Toledo Notre Dame finishes the game on a 6-0 run to beat the Lady Pups 40-38. Congrats and best of luck to them next weekend!

A disappointing loss for the Lady Pups, but congrats on a successful season. Best of luck to the seniors!

Last edited:
Toledo Notre Dame finishes the game on a 6-0 run to beat the Lady Pups 40-38. Congrats and best of luck to them next weekend!

No offense but YES!

OUR Notre Dame really wasn't expected but when they beat Start the way they did... Start isn't state level but they are way too solid to get beat that way by an average team so I think good thoughts started there.

We still have Rogers in the D2 mix too I think. Great for Toledo.

..OUR Notre Dame really wasn't expected but when they beat Start the way they did... Start isn't state level but they are way too solid to get beat that way by an average team so I think good thoughts started there..

I agree that McKinley was favored, but I don't see this as a big upset.

Notre Dame has 5 seniors who were on the varsity team as freshman and three additional players that are 3-time letter recipients. That is a huge amount of experience compared to McKinley's Bell and Kramer having Regional tournament experience.

The Note Dame freshman got major compliments from former McKinley standout Ameryst Alston throughout the game.

Next week, two very experienced teams go at it....should be a good one. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll stick with my early season prediction....Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame gets the title.

Got to watch the ND-McKinley replay. Wow, that could have gone a lot of different ways even into the last minute. First time also to watch Bell. So smooth. Didn't expect such a team player and good sport but hey, I read message boards. ;)

So I guess ND won the right to be creamed by that team from Pickerington?