Division I Sweet 16

We have it on our site but figured to post it here as well to see if any conversation wants to be done on Division I.

DI Medina Regional Semifinals – March 1st – @ Medina Senior H.S.
Massillon Jackson 49, Uniontown Green 41
Cleveland St. Joseph Academy 65, Akron Archbishop Hoban 58, Final/OT

Regional Final – March 5th – @ Medina Senior H.S.
Massillon Jackson vs Cleveland St. Joseph Academy, 7:00pm
====================================================
DI Cincinnati Regional – March 1st – @ Lakota West H.S.
Mason 60, Cincinnati Winton Woods 43
Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame 62, Cincinnati Princeton 50

Regional Final – March 5th – @ Lakota West H.S.
Mason vs Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame, 7:00pm
DI State Semifinal Game #1 – March 11th – @ UD Arena
Medina Regional vs Cincinnati Regional, 6:00pm
DI Westerville Regional – March 1st @ Westerville South H.S.
Dublin Coffman 53, Pickerington Central 41
Reynoldsburg 72, Gahanna Lincoln 48

Regional Final – March 4th – @ Westerville South H.S.
Dublin Coffman vs Reynoldsburg, 7:00pm
DI Sandusky Regional – March 1st @ Sandusky H.S.
Toledo Start 44, Medina Highland 35
Whitehouse Anthony Wayne 70, Olmsted Falls 66

Regional Final – March 5th – @ Sandusky H.S.
Toledo Start vs Whitehouse Anthony Wayne, 7:00pm
DI State Semifinal Game #2 – March 11th – @ UD Arena
Westerville Regional vs Sandusky Regional, 8:00pm
DI State Championship Game – March 12th – @ UD Arena
Medina/Cincinnati winner vs Westerville/Sandusky winner, 8:30pm

Our site is a work in progress as it's just a couple of coaches that try and bring more attention to programs in general. There are plenty of recruiting and prospect coverage, but there isn't an accurate site for standings, scores, and schedules. Everyone doesn't use Maxpreps so it's not entirely accurate. We would eventually start adding history of these programs on the site too like program wins, conference championships, district titles, regional titles, etc.

Like I said, here is our site but it's a constant work in progress - www.ohiohoopnews.com

If you would like to contribute in any way possible, feel free to contact us at ohiohoopnews@gmail.com or message me on here.

Last edited:

Looks like Cincinnati Regional games have been moved to from Princeton HS to Lakota West HS.
Princeton still playing.

Columbus Regional Division I
Pickerington Central - 41
Dublin Coffman - 51

Gahanna Lincoln -
Reynoldsburg -

Mason by 15 over Winton Woods.
MND 62-50 over Princeton.
Princeton was up 10-9 after 1st, then proceeded to go like 2-20 in the 2nd quarter while MND made just about everything they put up there. MND handled Princeton's pressure for the most part. Princeton had to be about 1-15 from 3 until the 4th quarter when they made like 3-4 in a row to get the game to a 10-pt game with like 2 min left.

was wondering how Princeton dominated MND so easily in the first matchup and then i looked - they shot 62% while MND shot 33%. that will help.

pretty much the exact opposite in this game.

FINAL
Mason: 54
Jackson: 35

The Comets advance to the State Finals tomorrow and will face the winner of Reynoldsburg vs. Anthony Wayne.

FINAL
Mason: 54
Jackson: 35

The Comets advance to the State Finals tomorrow and will face the winner of Reynoldsburg vs. Anthony Wayne.
Congrats to Jackson's girls with their 1st Final Four! No shame losing to a better team. Learn and come back stronger. You've made an imprint on the program.

Curious if state semis and finals are pulling refs from Cincinnati, Dayton, or Columbus or evenly amongst two or three? I think that will play heavily into who walks away with the trophy. With Oldacre it comes down to how fouls are called on her at 6'6" and Cincinnati refs have been calling a lot of what is technically a foul on her as incidental contact (due to her height I suppose) this season. But she fouled out when the team went down to TN and she fouled out when the team played up in Columbus and those are coincidentally their losses as well. Its just Cincinnati refs that seem to have that bias for her, other refs lean more to calling it straight up by the book.

Curious if state semis and finals are pulling refs from Cincinnati, Dayton, or Columbus or evenly amongst two or three? I think that will play heavily into who walks away with the trophy. With Oldacre it comes down to how fouls are called on her at 6'6" and Cincinnati refs have been calling a lot of what is technically a foul on her as incidental contact (due to her height I suppose) this season. But she fouled out when the team went down to TN and she fouled out when the team played up in Columbus and those are coincidentally their losses as well. Its just Cincinnati refs that seem to have that bias for her, other refs lean more to calling it straight up by the book.

Attachments

• DC16B24A-2CBD-4FE7-86E3-313B630F400C.jpeg
    DC16B24A-2CBD-4FE7-86E3-313B630F400C.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 1DAC9125-7AB4-456B-B60F-3161066D9A81.jpeg
    1DAC9125-7AB4-456B-B60F-3161066D9A81.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 34
She somehow finished with 1 foul & did this to #13 all night. The lack of calls basically took Jackson out of their defensive plan for the game which started off very strong in the first half. Dretke had 4 fouls the entire 4th quarter so could barely guard her. Sad to see in a state semi.

Last edited:
Great comeback by Reynoldsburg down 11 a couple of times to win their first state tile beating Mason 63-56 in OT!!

She somehow finished with 1 foul & did this to #13 all night. The lack of calls basically took Jackson out of their defensive plan for the game which started off very strong in the first half. Dretke had 4 fouls the entire 4th quarter so could barely guard her. Sad to see in a state semi.
Totally agree!!!!

In the Semi Final of the Mason/Jackson game, the three officials were from the NW District.

In the Final of the Mason/Reynoldsburg game, the three officials were from the SE District.

AllSports, correct me if I'm wrong but as they're able to, doesn't the OHSAA try to have officiating crews that are not from the locale/area of the teams in the game for regional and state level contests?

AllSports, correct me if I'm wrong but as they're able to, doesn't the OHSAA try to have officiating crews that are not from the locale/area of the teams in the game for regional and state level contests?
They try, but it doesn't always work out, particularly at the Regional level.