Division I State Championship: Pickerington Central (13-1) vs. Elder (12-2)

Who wins?

• Elder by 15+

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Elder by 8-14

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Elder by 1-7

Votes: 56 39.7%
  • Pickerington by 1-7

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • Pickerington by 8-14

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Pickerington by 15+

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should be a fun game! I like the way PC is playing -- way more energy and enthusiasm than during the regular season. Once upon a time Coach Sharrett was a pretty daring, unpredictable play caller -- not the "3rd-and-long-run-a-QB-draw" guy he's been the last few years. I look for the old Jay this coming week... Elder's QB sounds like he's in the mold of Mentor's. If that's the case it'll be another tough night for the Tiger's D. I think PC eeks out another win 31-27.

I respect your belief, but that is a shame. I guess you better enjoy your "dot on the radar" time here on earth then, because your after life will literally and figuratively be hell. Praying that someday you realize that you just made a mistake in your thinking. The shame is that if you are right, you have gained nothing. But if you are wrong, you have lost everything.
With all due respect, please take this discussion somewhere else.

No idea why Drew Ramsey didn't play in the semi-finals - assume it's an undisclosed injury. Hope he plays Friday night as he was an instrumental part of the offense all year. Brings much needed speed to the offense as he is one of the two fastest players on offense along with the QB Matt Luebbe. Could really use him against a fast PC defense.

Anyone have a link to either the 02 or 03 state finals. Would really like to watch one of those again leading up to this Friday. Thanks in advance!

Should be a fun game! I like the way PC is playing -- way more energy and enthusiasm than during the regular season. Once upon a time Coach Sharrett was a pretty daring, unpredictable play caller -- not the "3rd-and-long-run-a-QB-draw" guy he's been the last few years. I look for the old Jay this coming week... Elder's QB sounds like he's in the mold of Mentor's. If that's the case it'll be another tough night for the Tiger's D. I think PC eeks out another win 31-27.
Luebbe isn't built like the Mentor QB. He'll beat you with his speed running the ball, not necessarily his brute strength like the Cards QB.

Any word on whether the game will be broadcast on 1160 AM or 1360 AM in Cincinnati on Friday night?

If so, I'll happily do drive-by-drive game updates like I did for the TCC-LS game this past weekend.

Any word on whether the game will be broadcast on 1160 AM or 1360 AM in Cincinnati on Friday night?

If so, I'll happily do drive-by-drive game updates like I did for the TCC-LS game this past weekend.

I am not sure about 1160 AM, I know Elder games are typically on 740AM Sacred Heart Radio which has a few FM alternatives depending on what part of the city you are in.

3 pages...no analysis or breakdown of any kind....?

-CardinalsFan
First to 28 wins IMO. These two teams have played twice: 2008 State Semifinals and 2016 season opener so neither are too familiar with the other.

Keys for PC, get stops. If they allow Elder to march up and down the field as Colerain and Springfield did the past couple of weeks their defense is going to tire out and Elder will capitalize in the 4th Qtr. They should probably follow a similar game plan to X, Colerain and Springfield by making Luebbe beat them with his arm, not his legs. Offensively the Tigers needs to stay balanced but also unpredictable. If their plan is to run Crenshaw 25 times, I think Elder's defense has shown over the past couple weeks they're ready to stop a big runner whether than between the tackles or on the edge.

For Elder, they need to start fast, again. In each of their postseason games they've raced out to a 7-0 lead which has been big for momentum but also for settling in for a long game ahead. It's an uneasy feeling being down 7-0 after the 1st or 2nd drive of the game with your season on the line. Offensively they've been great on 3rd down and have done well to hold possession of the ball and limit possessions for their opponents, whether they come away with points or not. They've also been clutch - down 24-21 to X, go-ahead TD under 2 minutes, down 21-14 to Colerain in the 4th, tying TD with under 6 minutes left and go ahead TD with under 3 minutes left. Defensively, they need to tackle, tackle, tackle. Limit the explosive plays and if they can, force a turnover or two.

I think Pick Central is definitely the favorite, but this Elder team, while not loaded with studs all over the field as their prior state teams were, just keeps finding ways to win. I think an X poster said it best, they all do their job and they do it well, that's why they're in this position.

I'm going with Elder in this one - 28-21.

With the way Elder plays, if it’s a close game goining in the the 4th then I like their chances. I think Pick Central obviously will cause Elder some problems with the talent they have as well as a great coaching staff. I really think Elder will score points similar to these last few playoff games... I think the real question is, can the Elder D slow down the Tigers O enough? They have done it throughout the playoff so far. I think we are going to see a good one!

I am new here but it seems from what I have read, this Pick Central team is similar to Winston Woods, LaSalle, Colerain and the Florida teams. All fast and athletic. Elder plays like family. Just come in do your job and go home with the "W"! I could be missing something here but I like the way Elder has been playing in the road to the championship". Everyone has a job. "just do it"

More important than game analysis, we need to know if someone from Benson Stadium will be on hand to clear the snow off Ruppdogs seat???