Division I State Championship: Pickerington Central (13-1) vs. Elder (12-2)

Who wins?

• Elder by 15+

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Elder by 8-14

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Elder by 1-7

Votes: 56 39.7%
  • Pickerington by 1-7

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • Pickerington by 8-14

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Pickerington by 15+

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why doesn’t the State regionalize the state championships. I get they want to plan a year ahead of time, but the setting are usually not good. They could play a couple in Cincinnati area couple in Columbus area couple or 3 in canton area. You only need 10,000 plus stadiums to hold these games The glory days are over 20,000 + attendance

You need to back up an overrated label with some type of reasoning or facts?

Through 13 games, Joe Royer, who has been worthy of a full scholarship to The Ohio State University, has 63 catches for 1,159 yards and 14 touchdowns. He added another TD today and a few other big plays. He was the X factor to lead Elder to victory over Springfield.
That is just my opinion I did not mean to offend you or anyone? I am sorry! Just feels to me this way sorry guys not saying he isnt a great player just not a TE if he were listed as WR it would be different

That is just my opinion I did not mean to offend you or anyone? I am sorry! Just feels to me this way sorry guys not saying he isnt a great player just not a TE if he were listed as WR it would be different

how do you say something like he’s overrated without looking at his stats!??I’d bet my money on Royer to beat anyone 1v1 in coverage in all D1 Ohio! Also while Elder might not look as dominant. How do you say a team that’s beaten X twice, Colerain, and made it out of region 4 alive overrated? You don’t gotta be an elder fan but good lord you’d think elder was the little sisters of the poor by the way you describe them

Any old time fans of those two teams that could give a "where are they now update on the players"?
Their ten year reunion (PC) is happening soon. I know where a few are. I don't think any from the '09 class are still playing ball.

Will will? Maybe if they can get some good public school "athletes" they will win!!!

You got the wrong poster there brother. This is pboy's schtick.

I've never claimed they need to do all of this recruiting. I said they need to diversify to build enrollment and have specifically called out not doing it for sports.

Also, yes, will will...as in Elder's "will" will put them over the hump. Comprehension is hard.

Who are those two teams? I had St. ED’s over Pickerington Central before the playoffs. Both of these teams definitely earned it. Elder came through the always strong Region 4 and PC beat a very good mentor team that went 3-0 vs state powers.

When the playoffs started I thought it would be Mentor/St. Ed’s vs Colerain. I think Pickerington will win big in this one.

I think Elder has been underrated all year because they don’t have the big time prospects at the outside skill positions or in the backfield. But they just win.

X had multiple chances to put them away in the fourth quarter and couldn’t get it done. Colerain led them and couldn’t hold them off. Springfield had better athletes overall and couldn’t get it done. It’s a team that’s very representative of the West Side.

Royer is tough because he’s a big body AND can go up and get the ball, especially against smaller db’s. #1 just seems to find spaces to move the chains. Luebbe is clutch as it gets, and a threat to break a long run every play. And that big o-line is just nasty to deal with.

the defense doesn’t have any stars, they just make tackles and play well as a unit.
Make no mistake, this isn’t a dominant team like the previous Elder champs or the great Colerain and X teams, but they just get the job done.

I had a college football recruiter say Pickerington is the best hot bed of athletes in the Midwest per capita about 10 years ago. He was right. So many D1 athletes have come out of that town 20,000
I think there is some truth to this statement. College coaches cannot visit every school so some high schools get more exposure then others.

I had a college football recruiter say Pickerington is the best hot bed of athletes in the Midwest per capita about 10 years ago. He was right. So many D1 athletes have come out of that town 20,000

As and Elder player who played against Pickerington Central @Nippert in 2016 I agree with this statement. Pick central and Winton Woods are the 2 most athletic teams I’ve ever played against. Luckily this years team has a lot better Oline play than in 2016 where the panthers almost snuck out a win. It’s gonna be a hell of a game! Can’t wait for Friday!

You know who was really overrated, that Homer kid from X. Got a scholarship to Miami and didn’t even see the field.

And my intention is to offend you, bc you are a terrible human being.

Just watched a few of the Pickerington Central games on video. No question they are faster and more athletic than Elder. Quarterback #10 and running back #4 are quite impressive. Therefore, most would assume Elder to be a big underdog yet Elder has beaten faster, more athletic teams throughout the year - Clearwater Academy, Winton Woods, Colerain to name a few. Will be quite a task, but I hope they have one more in them.

For what it’s worth...Cal Preps has Elder favored by 7.

As I said on the semifinal thread... teams aren’t playing this late in the season unless they’re damn good. No one is overrated at this point. Both teams deserve to be here and I’m sure it will be a battle.

Just watched a few of the Pickerington Central games on video. No question they are faster and more athletic than Elder. Quarterback #10 and running back #4 are quite impressive. Therefore, most would assume Elder to be a big underdog yet Elder has beaten faster, more athletic teams throughout the year - Clearwater Academy, Winton Woods, Colerain to name a few. Will be quite a task, but I hope they have one more in them.
Elder will have to be aggressive on Defense and create turnovers. Aside from Ajou Ajou, Styles will be the best WR they’ve seen all yr

I really liked the more aggressive play calling by the tigers in the first half Friday night. Need to utilize our talent. Defense showed some cracks but adjusted well to a strong mentor offense.

Poll is pretty even right now with PC ahead by 7 votes. Looking forward to a great game for the D1 championship!!

Regardless of the outcome, both teams turn in their equipment after this game, some for the final time in high school, some for the last time ever. Congrats to both for earning their way to the title game. Both have overcome tough journeys to arrive at this point, for the chance to lay everything they have on the line one final time. Everyone enjoy the game!!

Go Panthers!!!

Last edited:
Makes no sense.

If it were the Saturday game it would conflict with the OSU game. In Ohio, " THE" games are a religious service and the worshippers cannot be allowed to "worship"anywhere else ( such as going to another stadium and supporting their team). Friday doesn't interfere with the practice of that religion. Better on Sunday and have people not go to church, than Saturday and interfere with the Buckeyes.

If it were the Saturday game it would conflict with the OSU game. In Ohio, " THE" games are a religious service and the worshippers cannot be allowed to "worship"anywhere else ( such as going to another stadium and supporting their team). Friday doesn't interfere with the practice of that religion. Better on Sunday and have people not go to church, than Saturday and interfere with the Buckeyes.
Amen brother

Truth. And I'm an atheist of that false god.