Division I - Region 4 Championship: Colerain (11-1) vs. Elder (10-2)

Who wins?

• Colerain by 15+

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Colerain by 8-14

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Colerain by 1-7

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Elder by 1-7

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Elder by 8-14

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Elder by 15+

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
9 seconds left, 1st down Colerain. They spike the ball with 6 seconds left. Maybe 1 more play unless they go short and get out of bounds

People don't really think Colerain has a good offensive scheme do they? That is a Pee Wee football offense and will never be effective long-term against legitimate defenses.

I think both coaches and teams did great. In great games like this unfortunately someone has to lose. Depth may finally have caught up to Colerain. I think both teams proved people wrong and Elder has a real chance to keep winning.

Lol come on... I am an Elder fan but that may be the dumbest post of the year... they had plenty of success before this year running the same offense
They aren't running the same offense from what I have seen. They are trying to go unbalanced, direct snap, QB sweep. They tried to run a jet sweep pass. That is Pee Wee football.

Wow, any doubts I had about the coaching transition in Colerain have been erased tonight. The Cards staff is schooling the Elder staff.

As an aside can someone explain to me Ramsey's decision to have Luebbe run the ball on that last fumble play? I mean the ONLY thing that could happen was bad unless the Elder coaches thought the QB was going to take it 60 yards for a TD. That was a complete screw-up on the coaches part and it's sad that the kid playing QB will get the blame.
Because Luebbe can always throw one ( like he did to tie the game ) or break one (like he did to win the game)
Look who got schooled in the second half. A scoreless second half for one sideline BTW

Wow, any doubts I had about the coaching transition in Colerain have been erased tonight. The Cards staff is schooling the Elder staff.

As an aside can someone explain to me Ramsey's decision to have Luebbe run the ball on that last fumble play? I mean the ONLY thing that could happen was bad unless the Elder coaches thought the QB was going to take it 60 yards for a TD. That was a complete screw-up on the coaches part and it's sad that the kid playing QB will get the blame.

The Elder defense played great, but they really caught a break with the mistakes of a first year coach who did not know when to use his timeouts. The lack of clock management during that final drive really killed any chance of a comeback.

Oops, 15 yard penalty on lotr10 for premature ej... ?

Great game! Regarding the D, stellar performance in the 2nd half but, frankly, Colerain’s offense wasn’t really lighting it up. They scored on a Pick 6, a 80 yard run up the middle and, in essence, a Hail Mary pass on a 4th & 7 when they caught our D napping as they were trying to defend against a 1st down. A good play call by them but that was one play.