Division I - Region 4 Championship: Colerain (11-1) vs. Elder (10-2)

Who wins?

• Colerain by 15+

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Colerain by 8-14

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Colerain by 1-7

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Elder by 1-7

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Elder by 8-14

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Elder by 15+

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good football game as they go to half with Colerain leading 21-14. Elder has 3 turnovers and a costly penalty that killed a drive. Colerain has made some big plays and took advantage of the turnovers.

I said Elder needed to play a good game and they are doing anything but that. Moving the ball but with turnovers and penalties, to be down only 7 is amazing.

Wow, any doubts I had about the coaching transition in Colerain have been erased tonight. The Cards staff is schooling the Elder staff.

As an aside can someone explain to me Ramsey's decision to have Luebbe run the ball on that last fumble play? I mean the ONLY thing that could happen was bad unless the Elder coaches thought the QB was going to take it 60 yards for a TD. That was a complete screw-up on the coaches part and it's sad that the kid playing QB will get the blame.

These new Colerain coaches are pretty awesomex love what theure doing on offense. A little Power I, mixing it up, misdirection, its so refreshing seeing coaches not be so stubborn to their system, stifling innovation, and not thinking kids can do more than 1 system/set really well. I know its only halftime but wow, they can flat out coach. My opinion this is the best offensive coordinator Colerain has ever had.

Elder just doesn’t have the defense to be a championship caliber team. That offense is great and may get them back in this game, but the defense is not good.

Elder just doesn’t have the defense to be a championship caliber team. That offense is great and may get them back in this game, but the defense is not good.

Yeah, it's the same as it ever was. Every Elder fan knew a deep run was contingent on the offense outscoring opponents.

Elder missed a chance after a bad snap on a Colerain punt. Colerain holds and gets the ball back on their own 9.

Nothing but punts in the 3rd quarter. Colerain has a 3rd and long on the Elder 46 as the 4th quarter begins.

This may be true in the big picture but tonight the Elder D has played well. IMO the story has been the lack of production and carelessness with the ball by the Elder offense through the 1st 3 quarters of play.

This may be true in the big picture but tonight the Elder D has played well. IMO the story has been the lack of production and carelessness with the ball by the Elder offense through the 1st 3 quarters of play.

Defense has played well since that meltdown around halftime. But they are going to wear out if the offense doesn’t get going

Last edited:
Pace throws a nice ball. If the WR's on Colerain could catch the ball the Cards would be formidable on O. You have to focus on #2 running with the football and that includes the safety. if Colerain wins this game they need to work on those plays as they will be very hard to stop.

I love listening to Surriano. The guy has forgotten more football then most of us know. He diagnoses every play. Very cool to have him do the color commentary.

I missed the kickoff but somehow Colerain got backed up on their own 10. 2 penalties set them back and they are forced to punt. Elder takes over on the Colerain 49.