Division I - Region 4 Championship: Colerain (11-1) vs. Elder (10-2)

Who wins?

• Colerain by 15+

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Colerain by 8-14

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Colerain by 1-7

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Elder by 1-7

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Elder by 8-14

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Elder by 15+

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully the wind dies down a bit before this evening! Other than the very unfortunate injury to Thomas, Both Teams coming in healthy? Does the Colerain QB play Both ways?

Go PANTHERS!!!!!

Hopefully the wind dies down a bit before this evening! Other than the very unfortunate injury to Thomas, Both Teams coming in healthy? Does the Colerain QB play Both ways?

Go PANTHERS!!!!!

The QB does not play both ways. Colerain has lost Thomas and their best linebacker Michael Bess to injuries. Actually that is their 2 best linebackers an their best running back. The hazards of having to play two way players.

Can’t wait for this game tonight! Going to be a thriller. A great way for many of these young men to finish up their high school playing days or their football playing days. Both schools have represented the region well and will hopefully take down their future opponents. That being said, go Panthers!

The QB does not play both ways. Colerain has lost Thomas and their best linebacker Michael Bess to injuries. Actually that is their 2 best linebackers an their best running back. The hazards of having to play two way players.

Yeah, near impossible to remain healthy when playing both ways the whole game. Elder used some guys both ways this year, but only in certain situations.

Maybe Colerain should use these guys on both sides of the ball when the matchup dictates. For example, no reason to play guys both way against Oak Hills. Maybe that's what they did, I don't know.

Yeah, near impossible to remain healthy when playing both ways the whole game. Elder used some guys both ways this year, but only in certain situations.

Maybe Colerain should use these guys on both sides of the ball when the matchup dictates. For example, no reason to play guys both way against Oak Hills. Maybe that's what they did, I don't know.
That's effectively what they did Spille. They very much "picked and choosed" when to play guys both ways. For example, late in the season, Deshawn Pace only had 1 carry vs. Lakota East in a game the Cards won 34-3. However, he played a much bigger role in the games over Fairfield, for example.

It's all hands on deck tonight for the Cardinals. They are going up against the best team they have played all season. The Panthers are completely healthy, experienced and have revenge for last year's pasting on their minds. It's going to be an uphill battle but I expect Colerain to keep it close and maybe, just maybe, have a shot to shock the world in the 4th quarter. If not, it's been a great season and for a team that was almost completely overlooked in August.

GO CARDINALS!

#PunishThePanthers
#WeAreColerain

-CardinalsFan

Does anyone know if tickets will be available at the gate? How do we know if tickets purchased on-line are sold out?

That's effectively what they did Spille. They very much "picked and choosed" when to play guys both ways. For example, late in the season, Deshawn Pace only had 1 carry vs. Lakota East in a game the Cards won 34-3. However, he played a much bigger role in the games over Fairfield, for example.

It's all hands on deck tonight for the Cardinals. They are going up against the best team they have played all season. The Panthers are completely healthy, experienced and have revenge for last year's pasting on their minds. It's going to be an uphill battle but I expect Colerain to keep it close and maybe, just maybe, have a shot to shock the world in the 4th quarter. If not, it's been a great season and for a team that was almost completely overlooked in August.

GO CARDINALS!

#PunishThePanthers
#WeAreColerain

-CardinalsFan

Should be fun. Looking forward to it.

Does anyone know if tickets will be available at the gate? How do we know if tickets purchased on-line are sold out?
There is no way this game is a sell-out. You can buy tickets online up to 4:00 PM today. If you don't get them that way, they will be at the gate for $9 each.

-CardinalsFan

There is no way this game is a sell-out. You can buy tickets online up to 4:00 PM today. If you don't get them that way, they will be at the gate for $9 each.

-CardinalsFan

What's the capacity at Mason? Around 6-7k? Do they sell standing room only?

What's the capacity at Mason? Around 6-7k? Do they sell standing room only?
I want to say the capacity is ~6K. There will be plenty of tickets available. With the game being broadcast live on Spectrum, I expect there to be lots of good seats available.

-CardinalsFan

If tickets are still being sold online, they must not be sold out. As of right now, they are still available for purchase.

I assume they will be sold at the gate, but no matter which team you root for you should buy your tickets early so that school gets their $1.00 or $1.20 per ticket.

I hope Elder wins! Not sure why everyone says it is Elders to lose. That is every game that is played! In the playoffs its the start of a new season every game. Last week, last season, last night does not matter. Who is ready to take the game to a new level? They win.........

Another Elder drive ends as Pace picks Luebbe off and takes it in the end zone. Tied at 7, late in the 1st.

Colerain stops Elder again in their own territory, but Elder forces a 3 and out. Elder takes over again on their own 43 after the punt.

Elder scores on a 1 yard TD run by Luebbe. Elder flagged for unsportsmanlike, assessed on the kickoff. PAT is good. 14-14 with 2:47 left in the half.