Division I - Region 4 Championship: Colerain (11-1) vs. Elder (10-2)

Who wins?

• Colerain by 15+

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Colerain by 8-14

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Colerain by 1-7

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Elder by 1-7

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Elder by 8-14

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Elder by 15+

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

If the Elder offense stops being so damn generous with the ball and stops hurting themselves, then Elder should be in good shape.

Should be good one. Not same colerain team as week 2 vs x. This Colerain offense not like years past. Not sure elder hanging 28-35 on them. I think last elder last win against cards 2009.

Unless Elder turns it over 4+ times, there's no way Colerain holds them to 7 points. This is easily the best and most diverse offense Colerain will have seen all year.

These two programs (and recently the fan bases) really have genuine respect for one another. Elder thinks of Colerain like they do a GCL team.

Colerain whipped Elder last year but Elder is better and Colerain is probably not as good. Will be much closer than last year's final. Edge to the Cardinals.

Last edited:
Colerain has one of the few DBs that can cover Royer one on one for a whole game. Pace vs Royer is going to be a very fun match up to watch. Hopefully Colerain can move the ball, and Pace won't have to play both ways.

Colerain has one of the few DBs that can cover Royer one on one for a whole game. Pace vs Royer is going to be a very fun match up to watch. Hopefully Colerain can move the ball, and Pace won't have to play both ways.
Pace will play both ways. No doubt about it

Not much talk of this game. Surprising. Also surprising some think Colerain wins by 15+. I think that's the least likely of the given possibilities.

Not much talk of this game. Surprising. Also surprising some think Colerain wins by 15+. I think that's the least likely of the given possibilities.

I picked Colerain before the loss of Jalen Thomas. I would change my pick if I could.

I'm pulling for Elder. I respect Colerain, especially as how they haven't missed a beat without their last coach, but I'd like to see a state matchup with St Edward v Elder. I remember attending the 2003 title game when Elder's RB Bradley(sp) Grabfer(sp)? ran all over us in the 2nd half. No disrespect to Colerain, which is a great program, I'd just like to see St Edward v Elder. And saying that, my hope assumes a lot. Eds is an underdog to Mentor this week and the winner won't have it easy with (likely) Springfield. Colerain v Elder should be great. Two great Cincinnati programs!

I picked Colerain before the loss of Jalen Thomas. I would change my pick if I could.

No doubt a big loss, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Does he mean that much to the team? Or is the drop off to the backup that significant? Or is it that he is a coveted 2 way player?