Division I Poll Voting Discussion (2019 Preseason)

#1 St. Edward. Everyone else is a pretender.

I'll tell you what, after watching the preview for the Wildcats on Cleveland.com, I have never seen a St. Ignatius team with so much confidence in themselves this early in a season. They believe they have what it takes to make it to the State Championship. Should be a battle in Region 1 again.

They might be confident, but who has a tougher early season schedule? First four games: Loyola Academy in Indiana, at Mentor, at #24 DeMatha in Maryland, and at Hoban. Four away games right off the bat. Later, St. X and Ed's.

Pickerington North is primed to make a deep run. 2 Power 5 kids including the #1 ranked player in the nation for c/o 21 in Jack Sawyer and at least 5 other players with offers.

Pickerington North is primed to make a deep run. 2 Power 5 kids including the #1 ranked player in the nation for c/o 21 in Jack Sawyer and at least 5 other players with offers.
Pretty Bold statement for a team that finished 6-4 (2-3) last season and finished behind Reynoldsburg, Lancaster, and Pickerington Central in there own Conference. Where was all that talent last season?

Last edited:
Pretty Bold statement for a team that finished 6-4 (2-3) last season and finished behind Reynoldsburg, Lancaster, and Pickerington Central in there own Conference. Where was all that talent last season?

Well sometimes things don’t break your way and you lose momentum and with a tough schedule you get tripped up.

To answer your main question which was where was all that talent last year? My answer is one year away from popping . Do you like your chances against them this year ?

Well sometimes things don’t break your way and you lose momentum and with a tough schedule you get tripped up.

To answer your main question which was where was all that talent last year? My answer is one year away from popping . Do you like your chances against them this year ?
I like Lancaster’s chances against them every year. The Gales have beat them the last 4 out of 5 years.

Centerville wont win a playoff game never mind 3
come on Harry! I like R2 for the Elks vs. R3 or R4, which gives us a better chance at a run. I am clearly overly optimistic but I do think the Elks will be dangerous this year and could make a run if get in the playoffs. They are young but will grow up a lot during the season. The Elks do have a very tough schedule. Go ELKS!

come on Harry! I like R2 for the Elks vs. R3 or R4, which gives us a better chance at a run. I am clearly overly optimistic but I do think the Elks will be dangerous this year and could make a run if get in the playoffs. They are young but will grow up a lot during the season. The Elks do have a very tough schedule. Go ELKS!

2-8 last year was an aberration for the program and I do realize R-2 is more manageable . Team is pretty good and will bounce back but rge schedule is tough and making the playoffs may prove tough to do .

Good luck this season , you have some good players and will definitely do better and you did win the last two which is positive momentum .

1. Huber Heights Wayne Warriors
2. Cincinnati Colerian Cardinals
3. Springfield Wildcats
4. Pickerinton Central Tigers
5. Fairfield Indians
6. Mentor Cardinals
7. Solon Comets
8. Powell Olentangy Liberty Patriots
9. Dublin Coffman Shamrocks
10. Mason Comets
Honorable mention: St Xavier Bombers, St Ignatius Wildcats, St Edward Eagles, Archbishop Moeller Crusaders

3. Springfield Wildcats
5. Fairfield Indians
6. Mentor Cardinals
7. Solon Comets
10. Mason Comets
Honorable mention: St Xavier Bombers, St Ignatius Wildcats, St Edward Eagles, Archbishop Moeller Crusaders

And you guys thought I was anti-private schools!!!!!

Top 3

X
Iggy
Ed's

as usual MOE sucks....

PC
Mentor
Colerain
Elder
Springfield
Coffman
Princeton

3. Springfield Wildcats
5. Fairfield Indians
6. Mentor Cardinals
7. Solon Comets
10. Mason Comets
See! This is why we can't have nice things!

3. Springfield Wildcats
5. Fairfield Indians
6. Mentor Cardinals
7. Solon Comets
10. Mason Comets
This guy needs to stop drinking.