Division Breakdowns

When Sectional/District Assignments are announced depends on the district athletic board. Northeast District Athletic Board usually has them out around Thanksgiving for winter sports. I'm not sure about others but those are normally out earlier than Northeast District's but only by a week or so normally.

If you're talking about the regional and state draw, I normally see those come out around the first week in January in the past.

Difference in top to bottom
D4- 99
D3- 80
D2- 130
D1- 926 ouch
And I believe this is in 3 grades. Since in girls athletics a lot of freshmen play varsity the spreads are even larger by 25-30%. What is the fix for D1?

Difference in top to bottom
D4- 99
D3- 80
D2- 130
D1- 926 ouch
And I believe this is in 3 grades. Since in girls athletics a lot of freshmen play varsity the spreads are even larger by 25-30%. What is the fix for D1?
Well for team sports and football needing the largest starting line up I can see why D1 went to 64 teams. I would say that soccer (needing 11 solid starters to excel) is the most affected by the D1 disparity and with only three divisions. So would think that a D1 of 64 teams would seem appropriate and move to four divisions. Next maybe would be baseball and softball? I do agree that there should be a fix for D1 basketball as well, it just seems less needed than in other sports with less #'s needed to field a strong starting lineup.