Division 4 Region 14

Again, since reading and comprehending an entire post is apparently something they don't do in Holmes County.

THEY'D BE ONE OF MANY CONTENDERS. Aka, with the right breaks, match ups, etc. they very well could have/could win it.

Since you like mentioning scores of regular season games as if they matter. Didn't WH beat Mansfield by 3? Didn't Mansfield only beat 3 win Norwalk by 6? Didn't Bellevue beat Norwalk by 14? Didn't Clyde beat Norwalk by 27? Didn't Van Wert beat Clyde by 34?

See, we can all play this game all day. We can all pick and choose the results that back up what we want to say.

It's simply true that R14 > R10, and as great as WH was....they wouldn't have been a shoo in to win 14. Come in this year with the attitude that these teams are beneath you, and you'll get smacked in the mouth. That's literally all I'm saying. Sorry you get butthurt that we don't think your team who lost by 34 to Chardon (who ONLY beat Glenville by 14 ?) walks on water.
Triggered just like my sarcastic post was supposed to do. Man think skinned people are wonderful

St Mary’s to West Holmes or Glenville would be a longgggg bus ride! not sure why either team ended up in R14.

It's July 07, 2022

IUDOGS: Division IV, Region 14

Who's going to win legion 14 ??

What is your Top Eight like in Region 14 ??

01. Bellefontaine Benjamin Logan

02. Bellevue

03. Bellville Clear fork

04. Bryan

05. Caledonia River Valley

06. Cleveland Central Catholic

07. Cleveland Glenville

08. Delaware Buckeye Valley

09. East Cleveland Shaw

10. Elyria Catholic

11. Fostoria

12. Galion

13. Kenton

14. Lima Bath

15. Millersport West Holmes

16. Napoleon

17. Rossford

18. Sandusky Perkins

19. Sheffield Brookside

20. Shelby

21. St Marys Memorial

22. Upper Sandusky

23. Van Wert

24. Vermillon

25. Wauseon

IUDOGS PICKS:

Millersburg West Holmes

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT IN REGION 14
(not in order)

1. Millersburg West Holmes

2. Cleveland Glenville

3. Van Wert

4. Bellevue

5. St Marys Memorial

6. Sandusky Perkins

7. Shelby

8. Wauseon

:unsure: :banana: :) :cool: :p

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:
I don't always buy the argument that the OHSAA regions are completely bunk. How much shorter are the average drive times in a perfect region? Probably not far off from what we have.

The map shows it is reasonably sensible. Region 14 is quite spread out. It is probably likely that OHSAA isn't using an optimization engine when they pick the border schools, and this passes my eye test. What are the alternatives? Drop Urbana and St Paris in Region 14 over the Cleveland schools and you wind up with near 3 hour drives for them. Move Glenville to Region 13 and now you force East Liverpool to go from 1.5 hour drives to potentially 3 hour drives. When you have a cluster of schools like Region 16 and Region 13 are lucky enough to have, you will undoubtedly have the remaining schools forced to drive further.

Shelby has been thrown into Region 15 on occasion. It isn't ideal, but the maps for those years had the same musical chairs dilemma. Someone will be the last seat at the table.

Also, who drove more for a state title in Ohio history than Van Wert in 2020?

At Keystone
At Bellevue
At Shelby
Neutral against Wyoming
At Canton/Massillon, wherever it was

I'm sure their fans didn't love it, but they probably loved that season more than the Whippets did while being down by 40 at halftime at home.

d4m.png

Last edited:
After listening to an interview with Shelby HC Rob Mahaney I'm not sure how I feel this season will go.

They lose a ton of good players on offense including the QB and WRs and return only 1 starter on defense from last year's squad.

I think this will be a down year but I could be wrong. the JV went 9-0 last season so there is definitely some hope.

After listening to an interview with Shelby HC Rob Mahaney I'm not sure how I feel this season will go.

They lose a ton of good players on offense including the QB and WRs and return only 1 starter on defense from last year's squad.

I think this will be a down year but I could be wrong. the JV went 9-0 last season so there is definitely some hope.
what are they going to do offensively now that that group is gone, I don't see them staying in that Empty, pass heavy offense. I watched them against West Holmes last year, and was impressed with the array of talented skill kids Shelby had, even though West Holmes handled them.

what are they going to do offensively now that that group is gone, I don't see them staying in that Empty, pass heavy offense. I watched them against West Holmes last year, and was impressed with the array of talented skill kids Shelby had, even though West Holmes handled them.
I'm thinking they are going to need to run the ball a lot more. Coach Mahaney so far seems to be able to adapt to the talent he has available. I'm not sure what they have coming up through the ranks but they will have a lot of unproven players at skill positions.

after week 1 w/ changes from last week
1-Van Wert
2-Bellevue (+1)
3-St Mary's Memorial (-1)
4-West Holmes
5-Glenville (+2)
6-Elyria Catholic (-1)
7-Sandusky Perkins (-1)
8-Wauseon (+1)
9-Shelby (-1)
10-Clear Fork (+1)
11-Rossford (+1)
12-Bath (-2)
13-Bryan
14-Napoleon (+1)
15-Kenton (-1)
16-River Valley (+2)
17-Benjamin Logan (+3)
18-Buckeye Valley (+1)
19-Galion (-2)
20-Shaw (+1)
21-Cleveland CC (-5)
22-Upper Sandusky (+2)
23-Fostoria (-1)
24-Vermilion (+1)
25-Brookside (-2)

Last edited:
We shall see how much of a contender Bellevue is in this region, when they play Canfield in Week 2. Should be an interesting game.
Canfield is loaded this year as well. I would think they are the favorites going into that game, no?

After week 2 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-Glenville (+4)
2-Van Wert (-1)
3-West Holmes (+1)
4-Sandusky Perkins (+3)
5-Bellevue (-3)
6-Shelby (+3)
7-St Mary's Memorial (-4)
8-Elyria Catholic (-2)
9-Wauseon (-1)
10-Clear Fork
11-River Valley (+5)
12-Bryan (+1)
13-Rossford (-2)
14-Bath (-2)
15-Napoleon (-1)
16-Shaw (+4)
17-Benjamin Logan
18-Kenton (-3)
19-Buckeye Valley (-1)
20-Galion (-1)
21-Upper Sandusky (+1)
22-Vermilion (+2)
23-Fostoria
24-Cleveland CC (-3)
25-Brookside

After week 3 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-Glenville
2-Van Wert
3-West Holmes
4-Perkins
5-Bellevue
6-Elyria Catholic (+2)
7-St Mary's Memorial
8-Wauseon (+1)
9-Shelby (-3)
10-Clear Fork
11-Bryan (+1)
12-Kenton (+6)
13-River Valley (-2)
14-Napoleon (+1)
15-Bath (-1)
16-Rossford (-3)
17-Shaw (-1)
18-Galion (+3)
19-Buckeye Valley
20-Benjamin Logan (-3)
21-Upper Sandusky
22-Fostoria (+1)
23-Vermilion (-1)
24-Cleveland CC
25-Brookside

After week 6 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-Glenville
2-West Holmes
3-Van Wert
4-Bellevue (+1)
5-Perkins (+1)
6-Elyria Catholic (-2)
7-St Mary's Memorial
8-Clear Fork (+1)
9-Wauseon (+1)
10-Shelby (-2)
11-Napoleon
12-Bryan
13-Caledonia River Valley
14-Galion (+1)
15-Buckeye Valley (+1)
16-Rossford (-2)
17-Kenton (+1)
18-Bath (-1)
19-Benjamin Logan (+1)
20-Shaw (-1)
21-Upper Sandusky
22-Vermilion (+1)
23-Fostoria (+1)
24-Cleveland CC (-2)
25-Brookside

After week 8. w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-West Holmes
2-Glenville
3-Van Wert
4-Perkins
5-St Mary's Memorial
6-Elyria Catholic
7-Bellevue
8-Clear Fork
9-Wauseon
10-Shelby (+1)
11-Napoleon (-1)
12-Caledonia River Valley
13-Bryan
14-Galion
15-Buckeye Valley
16-Rossford
17-Kenton
18-Bath (+1)
19-Benjamin Logan (-1)
20-Upper Sandusky
21-Shaw
22-Vermilion
23-Fostoria
24-Cleveland CC
25-Brookside

After week 8. w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-West Holmes
2-Glenville
3-Van Wert
4-Perkins
5-St Mary's Memorial
6-Elyria Catholic
7-Bellevue
8-Clear Fork
9-Wauseon
10-Shelby (+1)
11-Napoleon (-1)
12-Caledonia River Valley
13-Bryan
14-Galion
15-Buckeye Valley
16-Rossford
17-Kenton
18-Bath (+1)
19-Benjamin Logan (-1)
20-Upper Sandusky
21-Shaw
22-Vermilion
23-Fostoria
24-Cleveland CC
25-Brookside
I tend to agree with these. R14 is loaded, especially at the top. West Holmes and Glenville are probably the two favorites in my eyes. I like Van Wert as well. Perkins, St. Mary's, Elyria Catholic, and Bellevue are capable of causing some damage as well.

After week 9 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-West Holmes
2-Glenville
3-Van Wert
4-Perkins
5-St Mary's Memorial
6-Elyria Catholic
7-Bellevue
8-Clear Fork
9-Wauseon
10-Shelby
11-Napoleon
12-Bryan (+1)