xscoutsoc

11/7 @ 7:00 PM

Summit Country Day
St. Francis DeSales
@ Doug Adams Stadium (Xenia)

Richfield Revere
Bay Village Bay
@ Strongsville HS

Thoughts? Predictions? Who ends up at MAPFRE on Saturday?

An interesting note:
- DeSales and Bay were tied for #1 in the final state poll. Revere was #5. #3 Alter and #4 Wyoming were in the region won by Summit. Fairly accurate final poll with a STACKED semi-final round.

Hard to predict scd & sfd, no real 1 on 1 to compare.
Summit playing strong into playoffs, sfd playing strong all year.
Only comparisons are scd beat mcnick easily, who beat Indian hill. Indian hill played sfd strong losing 1-0

Going on a limb
Scd2, sfd 1 in OT

Bay and revere mystery, but predict revere 1-0 over bay

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hard to predict scd & sfd, no real 1 on 1 to compare.
Summit playing strong into playoffs, sfd playing strong all year.
Only comparisons are scd beat mcnick easily, who beat Indian hill. Indian hill played sfd strong losing 1-0

Going on a limb
Scd2, sfd 1 in OT

Bay and revere mystery, but predict revere 1-0 over bay

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Bay Village plays a very tough schedule. I'm not sure of Revere. This is the fourth year in a row Bay is in this position. They usually lost to DeSales.

Bay defeated Revere 5-1 during the regular season. I am sure both teams are playing differently but it was 5-1 earlier this year.

I have to admit I am a little surprised summit made it to state this year. Not that I doubt the program or the coach but after they had losses to several d3 teams (granted they are really good d3 teams) this year I just figured they were missing a step this year. Obviously, they started clicking at the right time. Congrats on a great tournament!

Bay smacked Revere pretty good earlier this year. This has been a heated rivalry between these two schools going as far back as I can remember. This has traditionally been a slugfest hard nose game between these two, but both schools have been playing a more skillfull brand of soccer lately. I don't think Revere will get blown out again. I think the score is a lot closer this time. I'll go Bay 2-1.

As far as the other game, Ill say Desales 2-0.

Summit gets well deserved win. Goal comes on second ball off short corner. Seemed to me Summit had the best of second half after DeSales controlled most play in first half. If DeSales had put some of those shots on goal they might still be playing. As it was Summit keep never was really tested. DeSales did lose #16 early to injury but seems to me win went to the team that finished a good chance and loser did not finish their chances. Was a good game from both teams,well played.