Division 2 Region 8 playoff discussion

That kramerica guy is about to have a field day lol. Not surprised at all with Turpin or Xenia losing.
Imagine if Canal would’ve beaten Harrison. In the words of ABC Sports legend Keith Jackson “whoaaaa nelly.”

I don’t claim to have the best finger on the pulse for southwest Ohio ball, but I didn’t think DeSales was that impressive in the regular season to suggest they could win a week 11 in D2. I thought Turpin had one of their better teams in recent memory?

It will be LaSalle in the semis. No one can compete except maybe DeSales. They are too big and too fast. They shouldn't be playing R2 public school teams. It's just different. Not an even playing field at all. They are twice the team WW was last year in 2018.

DeSalles is not an impressive team in Columbus at all.

And the problem in R8 is not that LaSalle and WW are D2, it's that tomato cans like Little Miami, Edgewood, Harrison, and Turpin aren't in D3 where they actually belong. LaSalle is going to get SMOKED in the state semis, just like WW did last year. They are not some unstoppable team. They just aren't stoppable to the rest of R8, who by and large are D3 teams forced to play up in D2.

It will be LaSalle in the semis. No one can compete except maybe DeSales. They are too big and too fast. They shouldn't be playing R2 public school teams. It's just different. Not an even playing field at all. They are twice the team WW was last year in 2018.
G'Bran Payne was a beast last night and is back with a vengeance.. He dislocated his wrist in the Winton Woods game, so I didn't expect him back so soon. He had six solo tackles last night, far more than anyone else on the team

Smh so let's get this straight my Winton Woods Warriors missed the playoffs so the Little Miami scrubs could get in just to get thrashed 42-0 ?...la salle had to be on the moon when they saw LM instead of WW smh good luck Lancers on the rest of the way...o yeah warriors are in the ECC next year so you scared d2 schools cant run any longer and if I'm parker I'm putting 100 points up on everybody especially little miami

G'Bran Payne was a beast last night and is back with a vengeance.. He dislocated his wrist in the Winton Woods game, so I didn't expect him back so soon. He had six solo tackles last night, far more than anyone else on the team

That was the most impressive performance I've seen on that field since Jeremy Larkin. Six tackles, two sacks, forced fumble that was scooped up for a TD and a blocked punt. And he couldn't straighten his left arm. Jesus.

And the problem in R8 is not that LaSalle and WW are D2, it's that tomato cans like Little Miami, Edgewood, Harrison, and Turpin aren't in D3 where they actually belong. LaSalle is going to get SMOKED in the state semis, just like WW did last year. They are not some unstoppable team. They just aren't stoppable to the rest of R8, who by and large are D3 teams forced to play up in D2.

Yes, Winton Woods got smoked by Massillon last year in the state semis 41-20, but my how short is your memory as WW smoked Massillon in 2017 56-21 in the state semis the same year La Salle came oh so close to beating WW in the regional final at Withrow losing by a mere two points with seconds left in the game on a field goal by WW. This year Massillon will not play the R8 winner as they are not in R7 like they were the last two years. This year the R8 winner will play probably either Toledo Central Catholic or Whitehouse Anthony Wayne unless your 6-5 Olentangy Braves can take both out beginning with the 11-0 Anthony Wayne team next Friday

Last edited:

OK, boomer.

Little Miami making the playoff was an absolute disgrace.

What happened to Turpin? They finally played someone good.

And I really underestimated what hot garbage Dayton-area football is right now. The heat is off you SWO, Dayton has some splainin to do.
Well Turpin lost to a 9-1 team whose only loss was to a 10-0 team. How is that a surprise? Are you really that clueless?
DeSales can’t compete with Lasalle. They have one player. Take #28 off their team and they would be lucky to be a .500 football team.

I’m pretty sure a healthy Turpin team put 62 points on Troy not 48. Had Oldandstinky made that trip week 3, they would have left with a 20 point plus loss.

Last edited:
Smh so let's get this straight my Winton Woods Warriors missed the playoffs so the Little Miami scrubs could get in just to get thrashed 42-0 ?...la salle had to be on the moon when they saw LM instead of WW smh good luck Lancers on the rest of the way...o yeah warriors are in the ECC next year so you scared d2 schools cant run any longer and if I'm parker I'm putting 100 points up on everybody especially little miami

WW didn't miss the playoffs so that Little Miami could get in. WW missed the playoffs because they didn't accumulate enough Harbin points to finish in the top 8. Fact is, Winton Woods could have scheduled any team in the country for a 10th game and they would have made the playoffs with a win. Perhaps you should be upset about that instead of blaming Little Miami.

WW didn't miss the playoffs so that Little Miami could get in. WW missed the playoffs because they didn't accumulate enough Harbin points to finish in the top 8. Fact is, Winton Woods could have scheduled any team in the country for a 10th game and they would have made the playoffs with a win. Perhaps you should be upset about that instead of blaming Little Miami.
A 6-3 winton woods team is still a top 3 team in ohio division 2 regardless of a 10th game that little Miami pulled out of...would WW have Loss 42-0 against a la salle team that they beat 2 weeks before??? Umm NO

How old are you?

So should DeSales bumped to D2 by just a few kids , For the record Lasalle is 2-7 versus them all time.

Ok 66 ... you should use the 24 hour rule after a loss.
Don't go getting silly.

WW 2018 and WW 2019 are not very different teams.
2019 WW just beat LaSalle a couple weeks ago.
LS 2019 is NOT twice the team WW 2018.
That's rewriting history.

Yes, Winton Woods got smoked by Massillon last year in the state semis 41-20, but my how short is your memory as WW smoked Massillon in 2017 56-21 in the state semis the same year La Salle came oh so close to beating WW in the regional final at Withrow losing by a mere two points with seconds left in the game on a field goal by WW. This year Massillon will not play the R8 winner as they are not in R7 like they were the last two years. This year the R8 winner will play probably either Toledo Central Catholic or Whitehouse Anthony Wayne unless your 6-5 Olentangy Braves can take both out beginning with the 11-0 Anthony Wayne team next Friday

It really is amazing how people continually feel the need to bring up teams from 2-5 years ago in a discussion about what is going to happen THIS year. I have a perfect memory of the 2017 games, and also the ability to not be so clueless as to introduce results of those games into a discussion about what is going to happen THIS year.

Olentangy is 6-5, their 5 losses were to the d1r3 1,3,8,9 seeds and the d1r2 2 seed, and 3 of those 4 playoff teams won games last night. Anthony Wayne lost their 1-man team running QB, who is without a doubt the most incredible H.S. athlete I've ever seen play in person, he had 304yd and 4 TDs before what looks like blowing out his knee at the end of 3Q. AW is going to miss him TREMENDOUSLY, and regardless of what happens next week is now a zero threat to win the region.

AW also gave up over 300 yds passing to Berlin, and Tangy has a MUCH better receiving corps than Berlin does and will throw it even more. So yes, I'd say there is a very good chance 6-5 Olentangy is going to beat 11-0 Anthony Wayne this weekend. But in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't matter because TCC is just too good. And no, I do not give LaSalle any chance to beat TCC, although that game is a joke anyway because the true state final will be played when Massillon plays Hoban.

I just got back from a 2 hr drive from Toledo, will have more to say tomorrow. Especially for those who still don't "get it" about Columbus football. an R7 final you may not have seen yet, Olentangy 42 Troy 10, running clock achieved early in 3Q. A LOT of loud-mouths from last year's R8 didn't want to hear about what a mismatch Tangy was to anyone other than LaSalle or WW. Well, there ya go. And Xenia, and Turpin. It's a good thing Harrison won, because without that talking point it would have been time to burn the place down.
I wouldn't be bragging to much about putting a running clock on Troy. Turpin who you trash on here and say plays noboby put up 55 points on Troy in the first half alone. Not that it matters anyway in R8. No one is likely getting past LaSalle. I do agree the Dayton area was not very good this year in D2 and the easy win over Troy shows that.

KramericaIndustries, I need your expertise on Canal Winchester. Are they a tomato can? La Salle's field turf in named after the pizza king Buddy La Rosa. I need more tomato cans to give to Buddy to use for the pizza sauce on his pizzas. Is Canal Winchester a tomato can or not?

A 6-3 winton woods team is still a top 3 team in ohio division 2 regardless of a 10th game that little Miami pulled out of...would WW have Loss 42-0 against a la salle team that they beat 2 weeks before??? Umm NO

Again for the millionth time. LM never pulled out of a game with WW. There was a preliminary discussion. That is it. No agreement. LM had options and chose to play a team closer to there level that doesn't recruit players. Nothing wrong with that. LM made the playoffs based upon the current system. They played the toughest team out of R8 at home with LMs best olineman from last year playing for the other team. So yes the odds were stacked against them. They tried and failed. No shame. That is 2 teams in my opinion who should never be on the same field. It looked like a d3 college team playing a high school team. Kramerica said LM probably belongs in d3. He is probably accurate on that thought. Or maybe LaSalle should be in the very watered down r4. Maybe WW can join them and stop beating up on farm teams in d2.

It really is amazing how people continually feel the need to bring up teams from 2-5 years ago in a discussion about what is going to happen THIS year. I have a perfect memory of the 2017 games, and also the ability to not be so clueless as to introduce results of those games into a discussion about what is going to happen THIS year.

Olentangy is 6-5, their 5 losses were to the d1r3 1,3,8,9 seeds and the d1r2 2 seed, and 3 of those 4 playoff teams won games last night. Anthony Wayne lost their 1-man team running QB, who is without a doubt the most incredible H.S. athlete I've ever seen play in person, he had 304yd and 4 TDs before what looks like blowing out his knee at the end of 3Q. AW is going to miss him TREMENDOUSLY, and regardless of what happens next week is now a zero threat to win the region.

AW also gave up over 300 yds passing to Berlin, and Tangy has a MUCH better receiving corps than Berlin does and will throw it even more. So yes, I'd say there is a very good chance 6-5 Olentangy is going to beat 11-0 Anthony Wayne this weekend. But in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't matter because TCC is just too good. And no, I do not give LaSalle any chance to beat TCC, although that game is a joke anyway because the true state final will be played when Massillon plays Hoban.
Name 1 team TCC has played on the caliber of LaSalle's schedule this year? I'll wait....... You are delusional.

Name 1 team TCC has played on the caliber of LaSalle's schedule this year? I'll wait....... You are delusional.

Central Catholic has played three very solid opponents this year:
Toledo Whitmer is 10-1, only loss to TCC. Won first playoff game.
St John's Jesuit is 8-3, only losses to TCC, Whitmer, and undefeated Anthony Wayne. Won first playoff game.
Toledo St Francis DeSales is 6-5, losses to TCC twice, Whitmer, St John's Jesuit, and Anthony Wayne.

So TCC's schedule has been fairly respectable, especially for that corner of the state, and they have gone undefeated against it.
We have two sub-.500 opponents on our schedule.

Overall, we have had a tougher schedule than Central Catholic, but I have no evidence that they would not have performed similarly, if not identically, against it.

What do really know about DeSales football?They probably won"t be LaSalle but they aren't a tomato can.They schedule OCC teams all the time and compete against them.If you think the OCC is a tomato can league then you have a point.