Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy for the GWOC, but I still have more respect for last year's Cats. 3 of the 4 GWOC state appearances were by move-in QBs (Miller & Deweaver with Wayne, and now Shondelyer from Arcanum). Smoot was the only Springfield kid that played where he grew up. Thigpen came from Xenia too. Same reason I won't cheer for the Elks in Bball this year - 3 new move-ins for Cupps. The last 2 years the Elks Bball had only Centerville kids & did it without any move-ins.

I am happy for the GWOC, but I still have more respect for last year's Cats. 3 of the 4 GWOC state appearances were by move-in QBs (Miller & Deweaver with Wayne, and now Shondelyer from Arcanum). Smoot was the only Springfield kid that played where he grew up. Thigpen came from Xenia too. Same reason I won't cheer for the Elks in Bball this year - 3 new move-ins for Cupps. The last 2 years the Elks Bball had only Centerville kids & did it without any move-ins.
Please take your negative energy somewhere else. Now is not the time.

not negative, just calling a spade a spade. where did Schondelyer & Thigpen come from?
What the hell do you call it a testimonial? Get over your team's loss to SHS. The better team won period. This is a night to celebrate SHS, the GWOC and Region 2. Btw, where did your basketball players come from??

This is a night to celebrate SHS, the GWOC and Region 2. Btw, where did your basketball players come from??
last 2 years were all Centerville kids in Bball with state title & runner-up! Not this year and don't like it for Centerville kids that were waiting their turn.

last 2 years were all Centerville kids in Bball with state title & runner-up! Not this year and don't like it for Centerville kids that were waiting their turn.
What about the ones from Africa? And I read there were other transfers into your bball program. Start with your own school about this. We won tonight. Deal with it!

What about the ones from Africa? And I read there were other transfers into your bball program. Start with your own school about this. We won tonight. Deal with it!
all of the Nje boys moved in Centerville in elementary & middle school. Not moved into during HS and from Dayton high schools.

Africa? Racist much……? You mean the kids that moved to the states to escape the genocide in their home country when they were in 1st, 3rd and 5th grade? Okay….confine yourself to what you know.

Last edited:
Dude you are a tool always looking for an argument on here. Everything goes right over your head. Like I said before it’s not SHS people hate on it’s you. SHS is just collateral damage in the comments.
SHS did pretty well without a Mr Football finalist now didn't they. I have no doubt you hate my guts right now 🤣

Great interview after game by Douglass. Used most of it to talk up his kids, lobbying for scholarships, and praising underclassmen that stepped in for some studs they had lost after last year.
Coach Douglass really is a class act. Notwithstanding some of the lies other posters say about him on here.

SHS did pretty well without a Mr Football finalist now didn't they. I have no doubt you hate my guts right now 🤣
I said they had a good win. That’s how rational people handle things. As for the hate. never this is high school football man it’s not that serious. Plus it gives me another week to troll.

Galaxy brain play call on 4th & 1 to run the WR Reverse. So smart, they couldn’t get anything going on the ground tonight, so they needed to get creative.

I said they had a good win. That’s how rational people handle things. As for the hate. never this is high school football man it’s not that serious. Plus it gives me another week to troll.
That's not enough. You have alot of crow to eat.
1669433398635.png

It's Game Day! Forcast at kickoff 40 degrees, 1% precip. Predictions: Moeller's O Line will dominate. It's not just Marshall, Weeder will shift & have success as well keeping Springfield's passing attack on the sidelines. Sprinkle in wr screens from the freshman qb( has a great arm) & some shots to the open TE in the middle of field will be the success story in this one. Springfield has a nice passing attack but lacks a good running game. With tweaks to the 4-2-5 alignment Moeller's front four can pin their ears back. I think the qb is going to have to scramble outside the pocket to have a chance. The problem is unlike most teams Springfield has faced this year is Moeller can match the wr speed with D1 prospects. Springfield will keep it interesting until Moeller seals it with turnovers. Mighty Moe marches on for its 10th State Ring quest! Moeller 38 Cats 24
Cute. Btw, SHS sealed it with a 30 yard run on 3rd down.
1669433641993.png

Last edited:
Hats off to Springfield for overcoming several key turnovers and limiting the Moeller Offense. In my opinion Mo Douglas outcoached Mark Elder. Springfield tried to give the game away and Moeller still couldn't win. The Springfield QB is impressive.

For Springfield to win next week they will need to limit the turnovers and cleanup the penalties.

Hats off to Springfield for overcoming several key turnovers and limiting the Moeller Offense. In my opinion Mo Douglas outcoached Mark Elder. Springfield tried to give the game away and Moeller still couldn't win. The Springfield QB is impressive.

For Springfield to win next week they will need to limit the turnovers and cleanup the penalties.
Moeller seemed like a completely different team after halftime. It seemed like they expended too much energy 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.