Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bitter at all; just Springfield is a good program, however, not a dynasty and I'll stick to my opinion that R2 is crap. How many State Titles has R2 produced compared to R4?

In addition, Centerville has finally won consecutive playoffs games this year for the first time since 91, why, because they're now playing in R2, if they were in R4, they might win the first but be out by the second.
Who won the last head to head matchup between R2 and R4? And the year before when St Xavier was state champion, how did R2 do against X as compared to the defending state champs from R3? You're just angry and bitter about SHS. As a GWOC fan, I expected more from you. Read the Cincinnati game article I posted above. Does that sound like they're not taking Springfield seriously? And, the only reason Elks won 2 playoff games this year is because they expanded the playoffs to another round. This year, Elks season ended in the regional semifinals the same way it always does, even when they were R4. If what you say is true, Elks would go farther in R2. But they don't, do they? They've never even made the regional finals in R2. Why didn't they beat Whitmer last year who then got pounded by Marysville who got pounded and shutout by SHS?

Last edited:
It is very simple, Nobody remembers 2nd Place. If you want your program to be remembered then go out and win the State Title. Region Champs, State Semi Final winners, and head to head matchups really mean nothing. It is all about winning a State Championship if you want your program to be considered amongst the Elite. And the more you win the State Title the greater respect others will have for your program.

Centerville needs to focus on Basketball because after this season their basketball program is probably going to disappear for a while. They choked in the Finals last season and this will probably be their last legit shot at winning a State Title for a long time.

Not bitter at all; just Springfield is a good program, however, not a dynasty and I'll stick to my opinion that R2 is crap. How many State Titles has R2 produced compared to R4?

In addition, Centerville has finally won consecutive playoffs games this year for the first time since 91, why, because they're now playing in R2, if they were in R4, they might win the first but be out by the second.
Considering Centerville in R2 shut out the R3 champ, I'd consider as R3 being crap. But you can follow your gut.

It is very simple, Nobody remembers 2nd Place. If you want your program to be remembered then go out and win the State Title. Region Champs, State Semi Final winners, and head to head matchups really mean nothing. It is all about winning a State Championship if you want your program to be considered amongst the Elite. And the more you win the State Title the greater respect others will have for your program.
Says who??

Considering Centerville in R2 shut out the R3 champ, I'd consider as R3 being crap. But you can follow your gut.
2 years ago, SHS barely lost by 2 points to St X because of a missed FG. Then, in the state championship game, X led R3 44-3 I think. Plus, R2 has evolved over the years. Schools come and go from it as needed to balance out the 4 regions.

I remember Wayne losing a few times St. Eds.

You're damn right. And SHS is more experienced and better than they were last year too. And they have a better qb than Moeller and West. And if you have a problem with my post, why don't you troll the person who said Springfield would lose like WEST?? Why don't you advise him to let the players play? But that's different right? Hypocrite.
Sounds like you just need a good old fashioned whopping. Your like that little baby brother that rests on others accomplishments yet have none yourself. Then whines like a baby. Another forum that you turn into crap. Thought I could reason with you instead of hitting ignore button. Enjoy the game.

That is not true. I was around during the Centerville glory days. They were taken seriously. Deadly serious. And if no one cares about league and regional trophies and playoff appearances, then why does Centerville have all of that plastered on the back of the home side of their stadium? Obviously you care about these things because clearly SHS's success these days and how they have the Elks' number is killing you. That's why you keep coming onto Springfield threads when you don't even have a dog in this fight anymore. Just admit you're eating your heart out.
The team cares, however the rest of that state doesn't. I participated on thread as to my observations about who might win. Then the thread turned into something else. I'm sorry, are others prohibited from sharing opinions if their team is no longer playing?

So, no reply about you being a hypocrite? That it's ok for Moeller fans and supporters to predict a win, but it's a crime for SHS fans to do the exact same thing?? Got it
No that's not it at all. I'm not the hypocrite. You like to turn things around and spew. A true narcissist you must be.

No that's not it at all. I'm not the hypocrite. You like to turn things around and spew. A true narcissist you must be.
Then why didn't you criticize the other poster for saying Moeller will win and that WEST is better than Springfield? All I did was say in response that SHS would play better than WEST and you're calling for physical violence and use of the "ignore" button. If that's not being a hypocrite, what is??

Then why didn't you criticize the other poster for saying Moeller will win and that WEST is better than Springfield? All I did was say in response that SHS would play better than WEST and you're calling for physical violence and use of the "ignore" button. If that's not being a hypocrite, what is??
Whooping is for field of play moron. Not physical violence.

Whooping is for field of play moron. Not physical violence.
Answer the question. Why didn't you criticize the other guy, call him names, threaten him with violence and publicly put him on "ignore" for spewing the exact same 'narcissistic' "little brother" trash talk you feel is intolerable? And why do you have a problem with me suggesting SHS will give a better performance than WEST did last week? Please explain. And btw,
1669220193219.png

Last edited:
2 years ago, SHS barely lost by 2 points to St X because of a missed FG. Then, in the state championship game, X led R3 44-3 I think. Plus, R2 has evolved over the years. Schools come and go from it as needed to balance out the 4 regions.
Not sure how SHS can lose a game when the other team had 5 turnovers to SHS's none. I guess it happens though.

What writers? I'm spending my days this week preparing Thanksgiving for everyone. Then on Friday, a bunch of us alumni are meeting up for happy hour and then we'll go to cheer on the Wildcats in the state semifinals like we usually do. I have no knowledge about any writers though. All I can tell you is their not on our agenda. As far as crying go, you've been crying all year about recruiting. You're the biggest hypocrite troll on here.
Do you have any time to prepare for Thanksgiving with how much rambling you've been doing for the past week on here?

Do you have any time to prepare for Thanksgiving with how much rambling you've been doing for the past week on here?
Do you? You're rambling on 2 threads, where 1 of the threads has nothing to do with you in the first place. Btw, these are my conversations with other people. So, in addition to how you have no business on this thread, you also don't have to read my conversations or reply to them which would be very much appreciated. Stated differently, get lost.

It’s not hard to toss a TV dinner in the
Is that what you'll be doing Friday night when you watch the Wildcats on tv, as usual this time of year? I bet you get the Hungry Man extra helpings tv dinners. Be careful about using the microwave though. If the tray has aluminum, it will conduct electricity and the whole thing can explode. Maybe you should let someone else handle the prep for you...

1669222810085.png

Last edited:
I remember it happening 2 years in a row. But no one takes anything away from their accomplishments during those years, or Braxton's performance. Wayne was a dynasty, back in the day.
While St. Edward did win over Wayne two years in a row, 2014/2015, Braxton was busy with the Buckeyes those seasons.

Braxton lost to the Eagles, though he was awesome in the game, in 2010.

Answer the question. Why didn't you criticize the other guy, call him names, threaten him with violence and publicly put him on "ignore" for spewing the exact same 'narcissistic' "little brother" trash talk you feel is intolerable? And why do you have a problem with me suggesting SHS will give a better performance than WEST did last week? Please explain. And btw,
View attachment 36456
Are you a Sophomore now?

Status
Not open for further replies.