Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about some relay team? According to the above someone else posted fairmont has a state championship in 2013 and in 2020. Read before you post.
No, I'm not talking about a relay team Hillary. Still waiting to see your field hockey trophies. Or, perhaps they didn't award trophies for that. Maybe they just gave out ribbons...

No, I'm not talking about a relay team Hillary. Still waiting to see your field hockey trophies. Or, perhaps they didn't award trophies for that. Maybe they just gave out ribbons...
You might as well respond with “I am rubber your are glue what bounces off me sticks to you” it would serve you much better.

Anyway, before you got distracted by all the colors you never answered my original question and I seriously want to know what history you guys made in the playoffs this year.

It's very simple, until SHS wins a State Title in football, their program although good, won't be taken seriously. R2 is a pu$$y region; if SHS were in R4, they probably wouldn't see the R4 finals over past 4 years; way too competitive.

It's very simple, until SHS wins a State Title in football, their program although good, won't be taken seriously. R2 is a pu$$y region; if SHS were in R4, they probably wouldn't see the R4 finals over past 4 years; way too competitive.
Springfield is Solid. Their Fans are Clowns! Moeller Wins by Running Clock!

They would’ve won the region last year

You might as well respond with “I am rubber your are glue what bounces off me sticks to you” it would serve you much better.

Anyway, before you got distracted by all the colors you never answered my original question and I seriously want to know what history you guys made in the playoffs this year.
So far, a 4th straight regional championship. 1st time ever a GWOC and/or a greater Dayton area school did that. That made history with the OHSAA according to the newspaper. Also, they beat every opponent they faced this year. In doing so, they shredded your so called "blueprint" for how to beat them. After last week's win, SHS's qb has 4,200 passing yards this year despite a 9-game schedule, and over 10,000 career passing yards. He's a contender to be named Mr. Football. And, Coach Douglass says more history is to come. Not bad for a rebuilding year. But don't cry, you still have field hockey to fall back on.

I'm surprised an Elks fan would say that, considering they've never won a state title either, and haven't won the regional semifinal round in over 30 years and that occurred in R4. If R2 is the pu$$y region, then why aren't the Elks faring any better there? This year, weren't Elks rated as high as #2 in the state and didn't they hand the R3 champion their only loss? But what happened when they met SHS in the R2 playoffs? And last year, didnt Whitmer do the deed in Chase Harrison's senior year when the state ranked Elks were expected to make a deep playoff run? Based on your logic, the Elks never had any glory years or the decade of dominance because they never won state and only won 1 playoff game during that stretch before they got beat by the R2 champion who eventually won State, right? They weren't to be taken seriously right? It seems R2 has been a real thorn in your side from the beginning. And perhaps, you're still salty from the 42-14 beatdown, the 38-10 beatdown, the 44-7 beatdown or the 49-6 beatdown. One of them anyways

They would’ve won the region last year
You would think beating last year's R4 champion in the playoffs would count for something. But then again, we are dealing with extremely bitter, jealous haters. Winning consecutive regional and league championships while beating league opponents 6 consecutive times and ousting them from the playoffs tends to do that.

You must have SHS confused with your Elks. Didn't SHS oust the R4 champion from the playoffs last year? I don't know how but you must have missed that one. And as far as R4 goes, didnt Wayne win it 4 times?

1669208432529.png

So far, a 4th straight regional championship. 1st time ever a GWOC and/or a greater Dayton area school did that. That made history with the OHSAA according to the newspaper. Also, they beat every opponent they faced this year. In doing so, they shredded your so called "blueprint" for how to beat them. After last week's win, SHS's qb has 4,200 passing yards this year despite a 9-game schedule, and over 10,000 career passing yards. He's a contender to be named Mr. Football. And, Coach Douglass says more history is to come. Not bad for a rebuilding year. But don't cry, you still have field hockey to fall back on.
So you spend two years crying about the writers and how they disrespect SHS in the polls, but now you are going to quote an article from those same writers? You just blew any credibility you thought you had when complaining about them.

Springfield is gonna show WEST how it's done. .
Is that right? Springfield beat a Moeller team that was just starting to come into its own and almost pulled an upset. This year Moeller is a little bit more experienced and a far better team than last year. Let's let the young men play and everything will be sorted out. Sounds much better than your babbling bs your spewing. As my grandpa would say " You sound like an old wash woman." Each their own. Vio con Dios.

Are all Elk fans bitter that they can beat a team that's still playing, but can't beat Springfield and had two chances at it to boot?!

So you spend two years crying about the writers and how they disrespect SHS in the polls, but now you are going to quote an article from those same writers? You just blew any credibility you thought you had when complaining about them.
What writers? I'm spending my days this week preparing Thanksgiving for everyone. Then on Friday, a bunch of us alumni are meeting up for happy hour and then we'll go to cheer on the Wildcats in the state semifinals like we usually do. I have no knowledge about any writers though. All I can tell you is their not on our agenda. As far as crying go, you've been crying all year about recruiting. You're the biggest hypocrite troll on here.

Last edited:
Are all Elk fans bitter that they can beat a team that's still playing, but can't beat Springfield and had two chances at it to boot?!
It's actually a 6 game losing streak to Springfield. I do get the impression the recent playoff loss cut pretty deep. The bitterness is evident from the total and complete blocking out of SHS's win over R4 in the state semifinals last year. The cut is so deep he's hemorrhaging.

Is that right? Springfield beat a Moeller team that was just starting to come into its own and almost pulled an upset. This year Moeller is a little bit more experienced and a far better team than last year. Let's let the young men play and everything will be sorted out. Sounds much better than your babbling bs your spewing. As my grandpa would say " You sound like an old wash woman." Each their own. Vio con Dios.
You're damn right. And SHS is more experienced and better than they were last year too. And they have a better qb than Moeller and West. And if you have a problem with my post, why don't you troll the person who said Springfield would lose like WEST?? Why don't you advise him to let the players play? But that's different right? Hypocrite.

What writers? I'm spending my days this week preparing Thanksgiving for everyone. Then on Friday, a bunch of us alumni are meeting up for happy hour and then we'll go to cheer on the Wildcats in the state semifinals like we usually do. I have no knowledge about any writers though. All I can tell you is their not on our agenda.

I bet that happy hour is a regular Algonquin round table.

You guys should hit up a few of the assisted living facilities and see if you can find anyone still living from the last SHS football championship and invite them.

I bet that happy hour is a regular Algonquin round table.

You guys should hit up a few of the assisted living facilities and see if you can find anyone still living from the last SHS football championship and invite them.
Which championship? SHS wins championships every year. I mean, they just won their 4th straight regional championship. Last month, they won the league championship. And, they did both last year too. Since you were alive to witness those things, I guess you'd be eligible to come to happy hour. Too bad you'll be home though. I have a suggestion. Maybe you could look up everyone from your last field hockey championship and plan a happy hour around that.

Last edited:
I'm surprised an Elks fan would say that, considering they've never won a state title either, and haven't won the regional semifinal round in over 30 years and that occurred in R4. If R2 is the pu$$y region, then why aren't the Elks faring any better there? This year, weren't Elks rated as high as #2 in the state and didn't they hand the R3 champion their only loss? But what happened when they met SHS in the R2 playoffs? And last year, didnt Whitmer do the deed in Chase Harrison's senior year when the state ranked Elks were expected to make a deep playoff run? Based on your logic, the Elks never had any glory years or the decade of dominance because they never won state and only won 1 playoff game during that stretch before they got beat by the R2 champion who eventually won State, right? They weren't to be taken seriously right? It seems R2 has been a real thorn in your side from the beginning. And perhaps, you're still salty from the 42-14 beatdown, the 38-10 beatdown, the 44-7 beatdown or the 49-6 beatdown. One of them anyways
That's what I'm saying, no one takes Centerville seriously because, although good back in the day, unless you won a State Title, no one cares about your league trophies and or playoff awards.

Not bitter at all; just Springfield is a good program, however, not a dynasty and I'll stick to my opinion that R2 is crap. How many State Titles has R2 produced compared to R4?

In addition, Centerville has finally won consecutive playoffs games this year for the first time since 91, why, because they're now playing in R2, if they were in R4, they might win the first but be out by the second.

Excellent game article. As I've been saying, the teams are evenly matched and it should be a close game that could go either way. Will be an epic battle for the ages. Assuming Marshall is full strength, he's gonna run and score several TDs. So, the keys are limiting Weeder's run game and Bryant's reception. The Aaron Scott-Bryant matchup is intriguing. Look for Scott to get a pick-six. Also, I didn't know that lately, Moeller has been averaging 12 penalties per game with 115 yards. Hopefully SHS will turn those penalties and some turnovers into points. This will come down to whoever leaves the most points on the field. Whoever does that will lose. Good luck to both teams, but more luck to the Wildcats of course.

That's what I'm saying, no one takes Centerville seriously because, although good back in the day, unless you won a State Title, no one cares about your league trophies and or playoff awards.
That is not true. I was around during the Centerville glory days. They were taken seriously. Deadly serious. And if no one cares about league and regional trophies and playoff appearances, then why does Centerville have all of that plastered on the back of the home side of their stadium? Obviously you care about these things because clearly SHS's success these days and how they have the Elks' number is killing you. That's why you keep coming onto Springfield threads when you don't even have a dog in this fight anymore. Just admit you're eating your heart out.

Status
Not open for further replies.