Division 1 Coaches Poll

They will be a good team with a great record, however they play in the north(bad teams) and they don't have a good coach with the ability to take a team to the next level.

I guess we shall see about Ignatius. I'd agree that the other 5 mentioned as the likely group of contenders consistently play the toughest schedules on an annual basis, so their records may not be as "shiny" when the come into the tournament, but they are battle-tested.

I guess I have to eat some of my words in a previous thread saying the D1 to D2 gap this year was fairly large after Walsh beat St. X in 5. Anyone at the match, or hear what happened? I know Walsh has Piazza, but who else?

Also with Darby beating Moe at Moe in 4, my top 5 would look like this:

1. Darby
2. St. X
3. Centerville
4. Elder
5. Moeller

We will see how this compares to the coaches poll when it comes out later today.

I would also expect to see Walsh take over as the D2 #1 after beating X and Alter losing soundly to Moe

4/17 D1 Coaches Poll

1. - St. Xavier (9) - 179
2. - Hilliard Darby (8) - 171
3. - Centerville (2) - 169
4. - Elder (2) - 167
5. - St. Ignatius (1) - 142
6. - Archbishop Moeller (1) - 121
7. - Pickerington North - 104
8. - Beavercreek - 63
9. - Olentangy - 58
10- Lakota East - 32
..... Westerville South - 28
..... Jackson - 9
..... Pickerington Central - 6
..... Brunswick - 5

There are 3 undefeated teams remaining in the state (Walsh, St Ignatius, and Lakota East), with a fourth that has not lost to any in state opponents (Darby).

Big game tonight between Walsh and Ignatius to drop another team from the unbeaten ranks. I'll take Walsh in 4. Assuming Walsh wins, the next test is at the Spike for Tykes tournament with many top teams around the state attending

Lakota East's next tough match will be against Elder on 4/25. I would expect Elder to put the first blemish on East's record.

Finally, Darby's next test will come at the Centerville Elite. They may be the slight favorite to win the state title now, but to get through the Elite and State Tournament without at least one more loss would be a heck of an accomplishment

East will lose two games this season (before the playoffs). they rarely challenge themselves with a tough schedule, typically playing only one or two tough games outside of the GMC schedule. Probably to have a decent seed at the end of the year.

Ill tell you what, Westerville South looked pretty good when I saw them play. A few errors here and there, but they seemed to have a good amount of offensive power and their setter runs a nice offense (sorry, I don't know names)

It was only a matter of time before the Crusaders got it all together. I think they have the best players up and down. Lets see if this is the beginning of their push

With Moeller beating X...here are my rankings regardless of division
1- Darby
2- Moeller
3- Walsh
4- X
5- Elder
6- Centerville
7- St Ignatius
8- Pickerington North
9- Westerville South
10- Alter

Very surprised Walsh beat X so I agree they gotta be near the top regardless of division. I think Elder is going to beat Walsh in the Spikes for Tykes tournament though. Hopefully they get the chance to play each other.

4/24 D1 Coaches Poll

1. - Archbishop Moeller (9) - 194
2. - Hilliard Darby (8) - 186
3. - St. Xavier (4) - 160
4. - Elder - 153
5. - Centerville - 134
6. - St. Ignatius (1) - 115
7. - Pickerington North - 88
8. - Beavercreek - 43
9. - Westerville South - 42
10- Olentangy - 33
..... Lakota East - 24
..... Jackson - 15
..... Dublin Coffman - 8
..... Hilliard Davidson - 5

This year has definitely been a roller coaster so far. Moeller started off very slow, but have been picking up speed, but I think that the upcoming Centerville Elite Tournament will show which teams deserve their rankings. It will be interesting to see how things are different in this tournament with the addition of St.X and Darby.

Moeller should be #1 they lost to St. X in 5 as there first game of the season went to Chicago and then came back and played Elder at Elder without David Wernery and other than that Darbys the only team that beat them. on the other hand Darby's schedule is flat out a joke. Moellers #1 for a reason because they kicked the last weeks #1 team St. X in 3 at St. X. Moeller will win state

Moeller should be #1 they lost to St. X in 5 as there first game of the season went to Chicago and then came back and played Elder at Elder without David Wernery and other than that Darbys the only team that beat them. on the other hand Darby's schedule is flat out a joke. Moellers #1 for a reason because they kicked the last weeks #1 team St. X in 3 at St. X. Moeller will win state

After last year's State Tournament and the up and down play of several teams this year I don't think anyone can say one team "will win state." very ignorant thing to say, especially in the South Region since it's so tough. Moeller could not even make the state tournament with X and Elder in there. Still a lot of volleyball left to play.

Last year Moeller wasn't suppose to get to the State Tournament and they ended up in the sem-finals. St.X was the best looking team in the state at that point and the obvious favorite to win state. They lost to Darby in the semi's who was extremely hot. Moeller also looked hot, but didn't have the same luck as they lost to Beavercreek (an underdog because Moeller had beaten them in 3 earlier in the season). The state tournament brings out the good and bad parts of teams and no one can predict who will win this year.

Darby beat X in the Quarterfinals. But you're spot on with the rest. Many didn't give Moeller a chance to get past Elder in the Regional Final last season.

Really odd final poll for the regular season:

1. Archbishop Moeller 211 (6)
2. Hilliard Darby 202 (16)
3. Elder 180
4. St Ignatius 141
5. Centerville 123
6. St Xavier 120
7. Pickerington North 94
8. Westerville South 66
9. Beavercreek 43
10. Jackson 26
Others: Lakota East 24, St Edward 14, Hilliard Bradley 10 and Westerville North 8