DIV 1: Hilliard Davidson -vs- Cincinnati Elder

Actually, no. I was asking how many starters from last year's team graduated.

BTW, I doubt one guy makes a three goal difference.

Max Hoffman (GK) Mount Saint Joseph College - Starter for both elder and Mt.
Dan Miller (Center mid) Thomas More College - Starter for both elder and TMC
Adam Bertke (Def) Thomas More College - Start for both elder and TMC
Eddie Doerflein (Def) - 4 year starter and played for CUP
Justin Hayhow (Def)

I think that is all of them. But 4 of the 5 were key factors. 3 out of the 5 were all gcl and 1 was all city.

Basically, Elder had a whole new defense this year(which was their achilles heel). The rest of the team was pretty much the same except for a really good center-mid that graduated.

Of course it makes sense, but when has the OHSAA ever made sense. Riddle me this Gview, why did OHSAA make Alter and Carroll both drive to Cincinnati (@ Sycamore), and have McNick and Watterson play in Centerville (which is much closer to Carroll and Alter), when both Watterson aan McNick are basically off of I-71, which Sycamore is just off of?

EXCACTLY!..this wasn't about who had to to drive where or some sense of reasonableness....It was either about the money (moving Elder soccer fans closer to their football game that night) or about taking away Beavercreek's clear advantage on a field that they had played on 5 times (and doubling the Elder fan attendence while reducing Beavercreek's in half). Look I'm not bitter about the result, I can live with that. I just hate what appears to be corrupt (ie about the money or taking away an advantage) behavior, its not the leason to teach the players. I just think that changing the rules less than 48 hours before the game is Bullsh*t! If this was a matter of convenience, the other games would have been changed as well...this is not "sour garapes" about the result ...the point is...why change anything at all! Trust me, this was not merely about convenience...

It is about money. OHSAA is always about money. But why should Beavercreek have a home field advantage over Elder?? They came out of two different brackets. There was no overall number one seed, so BC can't use that. I don't see why it matters. If anything, it made the game more fair because teams had almost an equal amount of drive time. It took me 30 minutes to get there. However, I agree that there wasn't sufficient notice about the game change. You can thank OHSAA for always putting boy's soccer last on the priority list.

I think there would have been maybe not as many Elder fans, but surely a lot.

goggles, does that even matter? Davidson won the whole thing. Its over. Lets drop it. By saying Elder got smashed against Davidson you are asking some high school kid to come on here and post a huge rant and rave which will in turn become a giant argument.