District Predictions

FletchMacFletch

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the central district being 2 days earlier than the rest of then state
At first glance, it seems like an advantage having two additional days rest. Upon closer inspection, and based on the fact that 99.9% of the swimmer were fully rested, it adds two days to trying to hold a taper.

OHSAA dropped the ball on this one. SW District sectionals had fins removed from the blocks at all sectional locations because two pools don't have fins. All in the name of "leveling the playing field". If we're going down the fair-play road, it should be applied state-wide. Central District DI should have been on Saturday.

swimmer24

At first glance, it seems like an advantage having two additional days rest. Upon closer inspection, and based on the fact that 99.9% of the swimmer were fully rested, it adds two days to trying to hold a taper.

OHSAA dropped the ball on this one. SW District sectionals had fins removed from the blocks at all sectional locations because two pools don't have fins. All in the name of "leveling the playing field". If we're going down the fair-play road, it should be applied state-wide. Central District DI should have been on Saturday.
and how do you imagine that should have been done...ou not an option due to space that has been lost, denison hosting a conference meet...it doesn't really matter, show up, man up, woman up and race!

and how do you imagine that should have been done...ou not an option due to space that has been lost, denison hosting a conference meet...it doesn't really matter, show up, man up, woman up and race!

The central district needs to get on board and limit relays to 24 instead of the 30. All the other districts only take 24 except for the NE of 20.

Swim 3 heats of 8

This would alleviate the deck space issues that central district seems to have.

OU can handle this meet even without the gym. The problem in 2018 was spectator seating.

I wonder if Splits sessions like the sw districts has ever been discussed

Last edited:

The fin issue crossed my mind a couple years ago.

BASESWIMPARENT

X will dominate tomorrow all the while tapering for state like they always do. Their training is incredible and they always pass the eye test. I am curious as to how close Mason will make it and how strong sycamore's relays perform. On another note. Two of my son's old training partners won the D2 district today and set PBTs. I am very happy for them.

FletchMacFletch

X will dominate tomorrow all the while tapering for state like they always do. Their training is incredible and they always pass the eye test. I am curious as to how close Mason will make it and how strong sycamore's relays perform. On another note. Two of my son's old training partners won the D2 district today and set PBTs. I am very happy for them.
On paper, Beavercreek had the advantage for 2nd place. Mason came through though...three points. Difference was relay finishes. Anyone notice X had two guys swimming three relays?

swimmer24

Depends who has the higher relay finishes. On the relays Chaney swims, Mason will be tough for any of these schools to beat.
I think looking at qualifiers it looks like UA has about 20 points on Mason for 2nd and 40 on Beavercreek...some obvious potential move-ups for Mason in Chaney's swims. UA has 12 swims, Mason 11, Beavercreek 14 I think...X has 432 I think ;-)