District Predictions

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the central district being 2 days earlier than the rest of then state
At first glance, it seems like an advantage having two additional days rest. Upon closer inspection, and based on the fact that 99.9% of the swimmer were fully rested, it adds two days to trying to hold a taper.

OHSAA dropped the ball on this one. SW District sectionals had fins removed from the blocks at all sectional locations because two pools don't have fins. All in the name of "leveling the playing field". If we're going down the fair-play road, it should be applied state-wide. Central District DI should have been on Saturday.

At first glance, it seems like an advantage having two additional days rest. Upon closer inspection, and based on the fact that 99.9% of the swimmer were fully rested, it adds two days to trying to hold a taper.

OHSAA dropped the ball on this one. SW District sectionals had fins removed from the blocks at all sectional locations because two pools don't have fins. All in the name of "leveling the playing field". If we're going down the fair-play road, it should be applied state-wide. Central District DI should have been on Saturday.
and how do you imagine that should have been done...ou not an option due to space that has been lost, denison hosting a conference meet...it doesn't really matter, show up, man up, woman up and race!

and how do you imagine that should have been done...ou not an option due to space that has been lost, denison hosting a conference meet...it doesn't really matter, show up, man up, woman up and race!

The central district needs to get on board and limit relays to 24 instead of the 30. All the other districts only take 24 except for the NE of 20.

Swim 3 heats of 8

This would alleviate the deck space issues that central district seems to have.

OU can handle this meet even without the gym. The problem in 2018 was spectator seating.

I wonder if Splits sessions like the sw districts has ever been discussed

Last edited:

The fin issue crossed my mind a couple years ago.

X will dominate tomorrow all the while tapering for state like they always do. Their training is incredible and they always pass the eye test. I am curious as to how close Mason will make it and how strong sycamore's relays perform. On another note. Two of my son's old training partners won the D2 district today and set PBTs. I am very happy for them.

X will dominate tomorrow all the while tapering for state like they always do. Their training is incredible and they always pass the eye test. I am curious as to how close Mason will make it and how strong sycamore's relays perform. On another note. Two of my son's old training partners won the D2 district today and set PBTs. I am very happy for them.
On paper, Beavercreek had the advantage for 2nd place. Mason came through though...three points. Difference was relay finishes. Anyone notice X had two guys swimming three relays?

Cleveland St. Ignatius ended Toledo St. Francis de Sales district win streak at I believe 53 years today with a dominating 462 to 357 win.

Depends who has the higher relay finishes. On the relays Chaney swims, Mason will be tough for any of these schools to beat.
I think looking at qualifiers it looks like UA has about 20 points on Mason for 2nd and 40 on Beavercreek...some obvious potential move-ups for Mason in Chaney's swims. UA has 12 swims, Mason 11, Beavercreek 14 I think...X has 432 I think ;-)

On paper, Beavercreek had the advantage for 2nd place. Mason came through though...three points. Difference was relay finishes. Anyone notice X had two guys swimming three relays?
Both of the guys swimming relays are very good event swimmers in their right. Taylor might have pointed in the 50 free (the only event x does not have a swimmer qualified at all) and the other swimmers is a really good IMer. Their depth is still amazing.

Last edited:
Both of the guys swimming relays are very good event swimmers in their right. Taylor might have pointed in the 50 free (the only event x does not have a swimmer qualified at all) and the other swimmers is a really good IMer. Their depth is still amazing.

Taylor might have pointed??? He is top 4 every day

taylor might go 20 low, 44 low, and could go 137 at state. Sacrificing personal wins for relay wins-the st.x way

Taylor might have pointed??? He is top 4 every day

taylor might go 20 low, 44 low, and could go 137 at state. Sacrificing personal wins for relay wins-the st.x way
You are ridiculous. I wasn't criticizing only noting that X does not have an entry in the 50 free and their best swimmer for that event is in relays. X is not a holier than thou give yourself up for the team org. They just made a strategic decision that I am sure will work out. Taylor will have to go faster at states than he did at districts to go 44 low. That 50 free race at states is seeded by some really fast swimmers.

Lololol. See this years us jr times pal. Do u know anything about him?

Half the team unshaven and partially rested at districts

And again u are wrong- team over individual
The results prove it

another bitter anti-X post from u. Who do u root for??

Yes I know Mr. Taylor, personally. He is a very fast sprinter. I also know Canton is a slow pool. He went a 45 in a very fast pool in the 100. He will have to go a low 44 to win the 100 in a slow pool this week. I believe he was tapered for districts looking at his times. He may win the 50 next year. Unfortunately he won't get a chance this year. I don't know where you get that I don't believe in making a team decision. And, It is not that I don't like X swimming. I have never said anything negative about the team. I am an alum. But, I do have problems with uber X swim fans that think that winning the state 33 times is such a great thing. Challenge yourself. Go against better competition. Give swimmers like a Taylor a better opportunity.

Based upon prelim swims its a dogfight for second between Mason and UA. Their separated by 4 points - unless either have a placing diver. Should come down to the final heat in the free relay to determine who finishes second.

Yes I know Mr. Taylor, personally. He is a very fast sprinter. I also know Canton is a slow pool. He went a 45 in a very fast pool in the 100. He will have to go a low 44 to win the 100 in a slow pool this week. I believe he was tapered for districts looking at his times. He may win the 50 next year. Unfortunately he won't get a chance this year. I don't know where you get that I don't believe in making a team decision. And, It is not that I don't like X swimming. I have never said anything negative about the team. I am an alum. But, I do have problems with uber X swim fans that think that winning the state 33 times is such a great thing. Challenge yourself. Go against better competition. Give swimmers like a Taylor a better opportunity.

NOT tapered for districts. X just busted the fosters medley state record

40 soon to be 41 titles for those of us counting

5 straight nisca titles- already swimming against the best.

owen taylor doesn’t need “better” opportunities than Adam Chaney , Aaron sequeria, et al. He fits right in with them

this meet is as fast as mid major conf championships

Carson is not swimming high school this year. He is training for the OLYMPICS. Anyway once a year, X is in a competitive meet. Them against the state. Very exciting. Swim against Carmel, Mission Viejo and Boles. You are making my case for me. Chaney is recovering from the flu. Could have been Owen's year.

Last edited:
NOT tapered for districts. X just busted the fosters medley state record

this meet is as fast as mid major conf championships
24.12 breast and 21.11 fly splits are just crazy fast.

I haven't looked it up by my guess this meet on the top end is faster than mid major meets.

Carson is not swimming high school this year. He is training for the OLYMPICS. Anyway once a year, X is in a competitive meet. Them against the state. Very exciting. Swim against Carmel, Mission Viejo and Boles. You are making my case for me. Chaney is recovering from the flu. Could have been Owen's year.

Ahem, olympic TRIALS

Mission Viejo and Boles swim in the fall, and there used to be a meet maybe 10-15 years ago that brought louisville stx, cincy stx, usuline, sacred heart, and carmel (they would rotate locations each year)

Mission Viejo and Boles swim in the fall, and there used to be a meet maybe 10-15 years ago that brought louisville stx, cincy stx, usuline, sacred heart, and carmel (they would rotate locations each year)
X stills swims Louisville St X in a dual meet every year. Great competition.

Boles in the fall. Mission Viejo in the spring. Does not matter. X should not be swimming against publics in the state of Ohio. The have a different kind of program than just about everyone else. X does not recruit but if UA had 90% of every elite swimmer on its team in the central ohio area including the McMurrays and others, they might give X a run for its money.

Boles in the fall. Mission Viejo in the spring. Does not matter. X should not be swimming against publics in the state of Ohio. The have a different kind of program than just about everyone else. X does not recruit but if UA had 90% of every elite swimmer on its team in the central ohio area including the McMurrays and others, they might give X a run for its money.
next years state meet has the potential to be the closest in a few years, ua potentially cold score low to mid 200s, not sure what x has that didnt make lineup, but man what a great senior class they are losing!