DISTRICT 2021

Mr. Slippery

Will the District assignments in track and field be the same as they were to be in 2020 or will there be changes?
Based on how the NEDAB has handled all of its other sports this school year, I would expect changes. Seeding and choosing where to compete from among multiple meet sites by order of seed are likely.

Please recall the video embedded below from this thread we had in the summer:

Track and field explanation begins around 12:55. I assume the NEDAB intends to go forward with this:

If I understand it correctly, the NEDAB will do the initial assignment of your team to a tournament. That "tournament" will fill "X" number of sections. All teams in your "tournament" will be seeded, and by order of seed, teams will populate the sections in their tournament. The NE District basketball tournaments are being conducted in this manner.

Let's say the NEDAB decides to split the DII teams by East and West, and your team ends up in the East. Let's also say that the East tournament has 2 sections to fill. Seed all the teams in the East, and then by order of seed, teams pick which of the 2 sections they wish to compete in.

Last edited:

CC Track Fan

I am guessing the NW will make some changes as they moved teams around to different dates last year to accommodate school planned graduations.

From what I know in DIII Northwest district the Bucyrus district has moved to Colonel Crawford, and instead of being a Thursday Saturday meet it is a Wednesday/Friday meet. The Ontario district in DII is now a Thursday/ Saturday. I would assume some schools will move districts, but not to many.

Altor

All D1 and D3 are supposed to be on Wed/Fri and D2 on Thurs/Sat, is it not?
The district schedules are up to the district athletic boards. For many years, the NW has at most (all?) D2 meets on Wed/Fri, most (all?) D3 meets on Thurs/Sat, and the two D1 meets are split between the days.

Mr. Slippery

All D1 and D3 are supposed to be on Wed/Fri and D2 on Thurs/Sat, is it not?
What Altor said. It's up to the District Board as to which days which divisions will compete in the district meets. I wouldn't put any money down on whether or not the NEDAB will stick to the schedule that they've used consistently in recent years. I can remember a bit farther back to a time when a different sequence of days was used in NEO.

Are you trying to plan a junket to Vegas or something?

Last edited:

CC Track Fan

The district schedules are up to the district athletic boards. For many years, the NW has at most (all?) D2 meets on Wed/Fri, most (all?) D3 meets on Thurs/Sat, and the two D1 meets are split between the days.
Has not been that way for a few years as Findlay hosts both a D1 and D3 district meets. Most years it is D1 Wed/Fri D3 -Thur/Sat. Last year it was going to be D1 Tue/Thur D3 Wed/Fri because Findlay had graduation on Saturday morning.

Altor

Has not been that way for a few years as Findlay hosts both a D1 and D3 district meets. Most years it is D1 Wed/Fri D3 -Thur/Sat.
This is what I said. All D3 have been on Thurs/Sat. They had a D1 district for the Toledo area schools on Thurs/Sat and a D1 district for everyone else at either Tiffin or Findlay on Wed/Fri.

I don't know what the plan was for 2020. Doesn't really matter.

CC Track Fan

This is what I said. All D3 have been on Thurs/Sat. They had a D1 district for the Toledo area schools on Thurs/Sat and a D1 district for everyone else at either Tiffin or Findlay on Wed/Fri.

I don't know what the plan was for 2020. Doesn't really matter.
Sorry mis-read your post. The plan is still up on OHSAA website for 2020 and D1 was going to be Tue/Thu in Findlay. But I would guess go back to normal this year as district meets are the 2 weeks before Memorial day so graduation the Saturday before Memorial day will not be an issue.