Disappointment For Lonsway In The 2020 MLB Draft

A good friend of his dad's said that OSU came to him with a better offer so he would be returning to OSU.

I dont really know what that means but......

A good friend of his dad's said that OSU came to him with a better offer so he would be returning to OSU.

I dont really know what that means but......
Better offer usually means more scholarship money. Many people think D1 College baseball players get full rides. Not the case. The best are lucky to get half a ride. I think the number is around 14 scholarships that is divided up among up to 40 players. Do the math.

Better offer usually means more scholarship money. Many people think D1 College baseball players get full rides. Not the case. The best are lucky to get half a ride. I think the number is around 14 scholarships that is divided up among up to 40 players. Do the math.
Yeah I k ow it's rare for a full acholly.. have to believe going in top 5 rounds is more lucrative than getting more of a acholly but I'd have to research that.

Seth Isa great kid. Hope it all works for him.

But now the top signing bonus they can get is $20K and can't be offered until Sunday. I think if you have eligibility left you'd look that route.

Depends. If he truly believes by going to OSU with more scholarship money can put him in the first round in 2024, you chance it and go to school. 3 years of education and the chance to turn a low 6 figure bonus into a 7 figure one.

And that's IF there were any teams interested in him in round 5. If he was going undrafted....that's a 20,000 max bonus. School is by fat the better option.

It's 11.7. If a kid gets baseball money it has to be at least a 25% minimum and a the 11.7 can be split among maximum of 27 players....so theoretically you could give out 11 full rides, one at 70% and the rest get nothing. Baseball relies a lot of having good students that get academic money on top of their baseball money. ALOT of kids get 25%....and rely on academic $$$ to help with the rest. Very few get much over 50% in baseball money. Full rides on baseball money only are EXTREMELY rare