Dino out at Walsh?

Walsh didn't "get caught." They self reported.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if you actually saw the grades and test scores of the girls soccer players and wrestlers involved that their scores and grades would match up with their team counterparts.

There's underground cheating going on in privates and publics. Whether it's under the table tuition payments, manipulation of open enrollment, creative use of vouchers, influence through training programs or questionable move-ins, cheating isn't exclusive to the privates.

If this type of thing is happening in girls high school soccer, imagine what’s going on in club soccer. Lots of money at stake there...

If this type of thing is happening in girls high school soccer, imagine what’s going on in club soccer. Lots of money at stake there...

What types of concerns do you have about club soccer? If a club chooses to fund a player's tuition, that's their choice. I know that clubs have clashed over coaches trying to poach other players, but I don't think there's anything illegal about that (just slimy).

What types of concerns do you have about club soccer? If a club chooses to fund a player's tuition, that's their choice. I know that clubs have clashed over coaches trying to poach other players, but I don't think there's anything illegal about that (just slimy).
I have heard an interpretation that if a player has all of his/her fees covered for a club and it is not a documented hardship case and not all of the players on said team have had their fees paid for (the model I have in mind is the baseball Midland Redskins or Ohio Warhawks), then that player may have their amateur status placed in jeopardy. Has anybody else heard this? Meaning that everything is paid for by the club for all players.

I have heard an interpretation that if a player has all of his/her fees covered for a club and it is not a documented hardship case and not all of the players on said team have had their fees paid for (the model I have in mind is the baseball Midland Redskins or Ohio Warhawks), then that player may have their amateur status placed in jeopardy. Has anybody else heard this? Meaning that everything is paid for by the club for all players.

Interesting - I can understand the reasoning behind that, but I've never heard that before. Offhand, I've not heard of players who were having their club fees covered (without a hardship reasoning), but I don't doubt that it happens.

Absolutely not. Amateur status isn't being jeopardized that way. Amateurs are permitted to receive money that is directly related to participation costs -- including housing, travel, food, etc.

Absolutely not. Amateur status isn't being jeopardized that way. Amateurs are permitted to receive money that is directly related to participation costs -- including housing, travel, food, etc.
I have heard that interpretation also. That is how swimmers like Carson Foster use their "prize money" when they swim at pro events. I was just putting out that topic to see what others on this board have heard or understand. I heard a baseball coach bring this up a couple of years ago.

I have heard that interpretation also. That is how swimmers like Carson Foster use their "prize money" when they swim at pro events. I was just putting out that topic to see what others on this board have heard or understand. I heard a baseball coach bring this up a couple of years ago.
It's not an interpretation. It's how NCAA writes their amateurism rules.

The world's amateurism doesn't care about club fees. That has nothing to do amateur rules.

It's not an interpretation. It's how NCAA writes their amateurism rules.

The world's amateurism doesn't care about club fees. That has nothing to do amateur rules.
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I will look it up. And here it is:

What is amateurism According to NCAA?
What is amateurism? According to the NCAA ( http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/eligibility-center/what-amateurism ), an amateur is “someone who does not have a written or verbal agreement with an agent, has not profited above his/her actual and necessary expenses or gained a competitive advantage in his/her sport.”

So there you go: There is some interesting language used there but be that as it may, this was not a negative question just an honest topic looking for insight. So lighten up Francis.

Right, getting club fees paid for does not violate amateur status. Elite AAU basketball programs have been doing this for years

In the fog of all this crap arguing on BLATANT AND OBVIOUS rule violations is the fact that JAVIER from KETTERING ALTER took the False Jesuit HC job.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I will look it up. And here it is:

What is amateurism According to NCAA?
What is amateurism? According to the NCAA ( http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/eligibility-center/what-amateurism ), an amateur is “someone who does not have a written or verbal agreement with an agent, has not profited above his/her actual and necessary expenses or gained a competitive advantage in his/her sport.”

So there you go: There is some interesting language used there but be that as it may, this was not a negative question just an honest topic looking for insight. So lighten up Francis.
What are you talking about "lighten up"? I was providing insight. Nothing more.