DIII Region 12

You speak what you know of and what you've seen, typical! I'm not upset nor do I have any issue with that but I'm not surprised however, what you don't know is the bias , unfairness and the amount of pacifying that goes on in the district, conference or tournament meetings when it comes to voting for accolades or seeding. It may appear to be honest and fair but most of the time it's not. A lot of times in seeding, it's based on records not quality. This has been going on for decades! Do you know who Mike Haley Sr. is?

And when these good records benefit TW for good seeds when in reality they are fluffed records against JV competition, do you laud that in the forums as well as people pacifying TW? Because like you I have seen this happen for 15 years.

And when these good records benefit TW for good seeds when in reality they are fluffed records against JV competition, do you laud that in the forums as well as people pacifying TW? Because like you I have seen this happen for 15 years.

Sensible question but unfounded inquiry in that if you look into those past 15 seasons you would be hard pressed to find JV competition on the football schedule. As for basketball there may be some validity but in reality there has been 2 maybe 3 teams in the Dayton area or you can say in the Southwest region to compete with Trotwood that's no fault of Trotwood's that the area is what it is. They schedule the tougher teams around Dayton outside of their conference-Centerville, Wayne, Springfield, Thurgood that's about it as far as decent-to-good teams in the area. In more recent years, this argument expounds my point even more when players at a school make 1st team all-conference averaging 10ppg. as a freshmen and a player at the same position at school B that beat school A averages 20 ppg. makes 2nd or 3rd team and his team was undefeated in the conference and state ranked but he didn't get the votes from other coaches in the league( 1 example). I can go deeper than that but ultimately it all pans out in the end.

Back to your unproven and unfounded reply, Trotwood or DPS has never been pacified or played a fluffed schedule in basketball or football.

You speak what you know of and what you've seen, typical! I'm not upset nor do I have any issue with that but I'm not surprised however, what you don't know is the bias , unfairness and the amount of pacifying that goes on in the district, conference or tournament meetings when it comes to voting for accolades or seeding. It may appear to be honest and fair but most of the time it's not. A lot of times in seeding, it's based on records not quality. This has been going on for decades! Do you know who Mike Haley Sr. is?

Actually I do! He won a state title at Portsmouth HS in the early 1960s and then coached at at several DPS schools including Dunbar. I believe his teams used to clash with Alter and Coach Petrocelli a lot in district games. I believe he passed away a few years ago

Actually I do! He won a state title at Portsmouth HS in the early 1960s and then coached at at several DPS schools including Dunbar. I believe his teams used to clash with Alter and Coach Petrocelli a lot in district games. I believe he passed away a few years ago
Alter and Dunbar interelations predate Haley. Dates back to. Waterman

Sensible question but unfounded inquiry in that if you look into those past 15 seasons you would be hard pressed to find JV competition on the football schedule. As for basketball there may be some validity but in reality there has been 2 maybe 3 teams in the Dayton area or you can say in the Southwest region to compete with Trotwood that's no fault of Trotwood's that the area is what it is. They schedule the tougher teams around Dayton outside of their conference-Centerville, Wayne, Springfield, Thurgood that's about it as far as decent-to-good teams in the area. In more recent years, this argument expounds my point even more when players at a school make 1st team all-conference averaging 10ppg. as a freshmen and a player at the same position at school B that beat school A averages 20 ppg. makes 2nd or 3rd team and his team was undefeated in the conference and state ranked but he didn't get the votes from other coaches in the league( 1 example). I can go deeper than that but ultimately it all pans out in the end.

Back to your unproven and unfounded reply, Trotwood or DPS has never been pacified or played a fluffed schedule in basketball or football.

My inquiry is not unfounded as I already knew the answer. At no point did I ever say FB or BB. I dont think anyone would question the FB program and I dont know squat about BB. I can tell you that I have personally seen TW and DPS schools pacified as they want high seeds for kids that had fluffed up records against JV level competition. Coaches would often pacify them and give the seeds only to see them get waxed early in the competition. So please do not come on here and give me the Oh Woe is me. It happens to many schools, not just TW. Heck 'my school' just this past season had the leading rusher in the conference and the kid did not make first team all conference. I guess my point is it happens to a lot of teams out there so lets get over it and move back to the topic. And for the record I actually semi root for TW as Graham is a former teammate so I enjoy seeing him succeed.

My inquiry is not unfounded as I already knew the answer. At no point did I ever say FB or BB. I dont think anyone would question the FB program and I dont know squat about BB. I can tell you that I have personally seen TW and DPS schools pacified as they want high seeds for kids that had fluffed up records against JV level competition. Coaches would often pacify them and give the seeds only to see them get waxed early in the competition. So please do not come on here and give me the Oh Woe is me. It happens to many schools, not just TW. Heck 'my school' just this past season had the leading rusher in the conference and the kid did not make first team all conference. I guess my point is it happens to a lot of teams out there so lets get over it and move back to the topic. And for the record I actually semi root for TW as Graham is a former teammate so I enjoy seeing him succeed.

I need names of schools in which you saw the "JV level" competition or the conference meetings you've sat in or online seeding voting that you've participated in, show me proof not just a sesason or a game maybe two that you've seen. Because honestly you're showing that you don't have much knowledge of DPS or Twood with comments like that. I know firsthand in FB and BB, AD's will not or in the past, have not scheduled the DPS or Twood because of the level of competition so what sports or games are you talking about because that is far from factual and what sports are more popular than FB and BB in high school?

And for the sake of one the previous posters' argument, Alter and Badin should of been higher seeds, maybe they should of in reality who cares? If they're good enough it won't matter which brings me to my point that coaches can vote who they want too but I've been in drawings ,meetings whatever when a vote can determine an outcome regardless of the facts, for whatever reason. That's where I see your comment as unfounded and non-factual. You're correct, it happens to other schools too but those are my firsthand experience examples.

I figured you didn't know much. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^is true he won state as a player in 61' at Portsmouth. He's the only coach in DPS storied history to win the league at 3 different schools (Roosevelt 75', Roth-multiple times, Dunbar-multiple times), during two of the best era's in DPS league history. Won 4 state titles as a coach (Roth 76', Roth 81', Roth 82', Dunbar 87') Coached #1 player in America (Dwight Anderson 78'), coached several high school All-Americans and NBA players. So actually his accolades are unmatched by many including the great Joe Petrocelli and was revered by his peers but he's not in the MVCAA HOF???? Easily the most successful coach ever in the Dayton area. Actually he and Petro had classic regular season games more than in the tournament when Haley was at Roth and Dunbar. He's just now slated to go into the Ohio Basketball Coaches Hall Of Fame this year....... He retired in 93'. Where's the fairness in that? Your complaining over schools that didn't get higher seeding votes. :ROFLMAO:

I need names of schools in which you saw the "JV level" competition or the conference meetings you've sat in or online seeding voting that you've participated in, show me proof not just a sesason or a game maybe two that you've seen. Because honestly you're showing that you don't have much knowledge of DPS or Twood with comments like that. I know firsthand in FB and BB, AD's will not or in the past, have not scheduled the DPS or Twood because of the level of competition so what sports or games are you talking about because that is far from factual and what sports are more popular than FB and BB in high school?

And for the sake of one the previous posters' argument, Alter and Badin should of been higher seeds, maybe they should of in reality who cares? If they're good enough it won't matter which brings me to my point that coaches can vote who they want too but I've been in drawings ,meetings whatever when a vote can determine an outcome regardless of the facts, for whatever reason. That's where I see your comment as unfounded and non-factual. You're correct, it happens to other schools too but those are my firsthand experience examples.

www.baumspage.com Do your own homework. Ill PM a few schools in particular that I am referring to so we can get this thread back on track

Did the Badin-Wapak game get cancelled because of covid?

Yes. Sounds like Wapak has been battling it all season (missing players in multiple games, etc). Unfortunate to say the least.

It is interesting that the covid bug seems to hit lower seeded teams harder ?‍♂️

Yes. Sounds like Wapak has been battling it all season (missing players in multiple games, etc). Unfortunate to say the least.

It is interesting that the covid bug seems to hit lower seeded teams harder ?‍♂️

Your hair looks nice in that pic but that is very mean of you to say. I am disappointed in you. (shames self for thinking the same thing as I saw some of the forfeits)

I sense a CJ upset over Bellbrook or keeping it super close.

St. Mary will win with some low score of 17-7 over Franklin.

Goshen beat NR earlier, but I hope that's a fluke and I'll take the Lions in a revenge game.

Badin wiped Ross earlier in the year and it's hard for me to say if they're good because the SWOC is really down this year. They should still beat Monroe.

Badin will take of business vs Wapak

Tipp City may lose to Mt. Healthy because Crouch is a good coach for the Owls and Tipp hasn't seen that athleticism. When Mt. Healthy was 5-5 in 2018, they had a fully healthy (no pun intended) squad give Alter everything they had and loss 14-12 in the first round. If Alter hadn't won the region, i think Mt. Healthy would have.

Carroll plays with Trotwood in the first half but the Rams pull away here in the 2nd. This is Twood's first test against a real football team that also happens to bad GCL team

Alter takes care of business vs Dunbar and advances on
What athleticism has Tipp not seen again? Acting like the MVL is a slouch league

6-7 at half, 22 unanswered points. Wow, we are very young, we start like this next week that’s it!!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY DIII CHAMPS

Tipp was lucky to win that game. MH has speed but Crouch doesn't know how to call plays in the red zone. The safety was not a legit safety and some other questionable calls helped the Tipp cause.
MH is very young. Tipp has a nice defense that kept it close, low scoring. Badin will be tough.

D3 R12 Round 2 Games
(1) Bellbrook - 58, (16) Chaminade-Julienne - 0
(8) St Marys Memorial - 6, (9) Franklin - 0, OT
(4) New Richmond - 38, (20) Goshen - 20
(5) Ross - 52, (21) Monroe - 14
(2) Badin over (18) Wapakoneta, COVID cancellation
(7) Tippecanoe - 11, (10) Mt. Healthy - 6
(3) Trotwood-Madison - 28, (19) Carroll - 7
(6) Archbishop Alter - 35, (11) Dunbar - 13

D3 R12 Round 3 Games
(1) Bellbrook vs. (8) St Marys Memorial
(4) New Richmond vs. (5) Ross

(3) Trotwood-Madison vs. (6) Archbishop Alter
(2) Badin vs. (7) Tippecanoe

Score was backwards. Trotwood beat Carroll 28-7
Ahhhh. Gotcha. Makes more sense. That's too bad. Surprisingly that's not as high scoring as I thought Twood would put up on Carroll since Carroll really wasn't that good this year. Twood might be in for a rude awakening against the Knights.

Ahhhh. Gotcha. Makes more sense. That's too bad. Surprisingly that's not as high scoring as I thought Twood would put up on Carroll since Carroll really wasn't that good this year. Twood might be in for a rude awakening against the Knights.
I feel like Trotwood still may be better than their scores indicate and they're still figuring some things out. Since they didn't start playing until week 4, I think that could be a valid concern with everyone else getting 3 extra games under their belt.

Next week against Alter will surely be a good test to see where they're really at.

D3 R12 Round 2 Games
(1) Bellbrook - 58, (16) Chaminade-Julienne - 0
(8) St Marys Memorial - 6, (9) Franklin - 0, OT
(4) New Richmond - 38, (20) Goshen - 20
(5) Ross - 52, (21) Monroe - 14
(2) Badin over (18) Wapakoneta, COVID cancellation
(7) Tippecanoe - 11, (10) Mt. Healthy - 6
(3) Trotwood-Madison - 28, (19) Carroll - 7
(6) Archbishop Alter - 35, (11) Dunbar - 13

D3 R12 Round 3 Games
(1) Bellbrook vs. (8) St Marys Memorial
(4) New Richmond vs. (5) Ross