DIII Region 12

I guess I'll go first...

1. Badin- 5-0, GCL, perennial playoff program, nice wins over Ross and Alter
2. Bellbrook, 5-0, nice program, decent conference (Champ?)
3. Alter, 3-2, GCL, tight loses to Badin and Clinton Massie (10-0), perennial playoffs
4. Ross, 4-1, 1 loss to 5-0 GCL team, SWOC decent D2/D3 conf. (Champ)
5. Trotwood, 2-0, Defending State Champ, 2 wins over Dayton Public schools
6. New Richmond, 4-1, tight loss to Clinton Massie, bad conference
7. Tippecanoe, 3-1, best team in a decent conference
8. Franklin, 3-2, consistent playoff program
9. Mt Healthy, 2-3, consistent playoff program, beat NW head to head
10. Shawnee, 3-2, decent conference

11-15...pick'em
-St. Marys, Elida, Northwest, Dunbar, Hughes

16-20..pick'em
-CJ, Carroll, Wapak, Monroe, Goshen

21-24...pick'em
-Best of the rest

25/26=Aiken, Ponitz Tech

1. Trotwood- Defending State Champs
2.Badin- 5-0 including wins over very good Ross and Alter Teams. Maybe best defense in the region.
3.Alter- Talented, well coached. Losses were to 2 great teams.
4.Ross- Running the ball at will on everyone. Could see them winning a couple playoff games.
5.New Richmond- Gave Massie toughest game of the year it looks like.
6.Bellbrook- Undefeated against solid competition
7.St.Marys- Good program that is always in the playoffs.
8.Tipp- Big win over Troy, also lost pretty bad to sidney.
9.Franklin- Good Coach and has playoff experience.
10.Hughes- No playoff experience but talented.

11-15
Northwest, Shawnee, Dunbar, Mount Healthy, Elida

One thing I notice about this region is that there are a few perennial playoff teams that will still be competitive, but probably aren't to the caliber we've seen over recent seasons. Mainly I'm thinking of Franklin, St. Mary's and Tipp City. All 3 could be a headache to play in the early rounds, but probably not going very deep. This is one of Bellbrook's better teams in recent memory. A good running team that works of it with playaction passing, and a solid defense. My Top 10 would be:

1. Trotwood Madison
2. Badin
3. Alter
4. Ross
5. Bellbrook
6. Tipp City
7. St. Mary's
8. New Richmond
9. Franklin
10. Shawnee

This is how Dunbar voted:

1. Trotwood 2-0
2. Dunbar 2-0
3. Mt. Healthy 2-3
4. Hughes 2-0
5. Aiken 0-1 (lost 59-0 to Withrow)
6. Ponitz 0-2
7. Greenville 0-5

11. Bellbrook 5-0
13. Badin 5-0 (lost in regional final last year)
26. Alter 3-2

Last edited:
Top 6 have next week [10/9] to schedule a game or take a week off.
IF seeds are as reported in thread, look for these matchups on 10/23
#4 New Richmond vs. #5 Ross [air vs. ground assault i.e. F-35 vs. Abrams Tank]
with the winner getting #1 Bellbrook in Regional Semifinal
and
#3 Trotwood vs. #6 Alter
with the winner getting #2 Badin in Regional Semifinal [either matchup will be great]

My previously projected Top 10:
1. Trotwood - reigning champions, untested opponents so far in 2020
2. Badin - looks better than 2019 squad which lost in playoffs to Trotwood
3. Bellbrook - Harbin hog wins [painfully missed 2019 playoffs with an OT loss and 1 point loss to playoff teams] new to Region 12 in 2020
4. New Richmond - scores a lot of points
5. Alter - close loss to Badin
6. Ross
7. Tippecanoe
8. St Mary's Memorial
9. Lima Shawnee
10. Northwest
Near misses: Hughes / Dunbar - limited schedule

These seeds would have played out like this:
#4 New Richmond vs. #5 Alter [winner getting #1 Trotwood] - either way matchup would have be great game
#3 Bellbrook vs #6 Ross [winner getting #2 Badin] - 4 meetings in 2 years would have been nice.

region 12.png

Alter at #26?
How bad does the Dunbar vote screw with the final result?
Statistically, throw out the a highest and lowest vote for a school, then calculate results to help prevent skewed votes.

Alter at #26?
How bad does the Dunbar vote screw with the final result?
Statistically, throw out the a highest and lowest vote for a school, then calculate results to help prevent skewed votes.

They do for basketball, soccer etc... I was surpised that Ross was voted that high next to Badin but still not too bad. Butler, Twood, and Dunbar screwed Alter in voting.

In a year where coaches are not bound by Harbin points, scratching my head at Bellbrook being the #1.
Bellbrook has the easiest road on top side semi-final, but not without trouble potential in Northwest and St.Marys.
New Richmond has a rough road with Hughes and Ross to make it to the semis.

Badin vs. Trotwood is the expected semi-final on the bottom half of the bracket
The tanked Alter #26 vote by Dunbar, cost Alter the #5 seed. So instead of New Richmond in the quarters, they get Trotwood.
Trotwood has a test with Alter. Badin will have an avg team Shawnee/Wapak winner as well as a good Tipp team before the semis.
Shawnee vs. Wapakoneta is a repeat of earlier season game.

In a year where coaches are not bound by Harbin points, scratching my head at Bellbrook being the #1.
Bellbrook has the easiest road on top side semi-final, but not without trouble potential in Northwest and St.Marys.

The tanked Alter #26 vote by Dunbar, cost Alter the #5 seed. So instead of New Richmond in the quarters, they get Trotwood.
Trotwood has a test with Alter. Badin will have an avg team Shawnee/Wapak winner as well as a good Tipp team before the semis.
If Dunbar wins next week they actually play Alter in the 3rd round. Was this done on purpose, if not Alter where would Dunbar go in the 3rd round? Was it a travel move?

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY DIII CHAMPS

I’m surprised at the #1 also. I thought maybe Badin if it wasn’t trotwood ( just because they were defending state champs). Northwest or St.Marys will definitely be a good test for Bellbrook. I agree about NR. If Hughes doesn’t beat them Ross definitely could. The alter/trotwood game will be a great one to take in.

This having-coaches-vote-to-determine-seeding is... interesting. I'm glad this isn't the norm, because it's questionable ALL over the place. (i.e. Trotwood). But as gostate03 mentions... it could make for some good drama. :LOL:

What a load of garbage. You have the 3 best teams Trotwood, Badin & Alter on same side of the bracket. Bellbrook can close their eyes and walk into the final. They are not the #1 seed there is some politics a foot. Although love to see CJ knock them off. If Alter gets by Dunbar, they get Trotwood and if get by them (don't think they will) they get Badin. They will definitely earn it.

I have feeling
What a load of garbage. You have the 3 best teams Trotwood, Badin & Alter on same side of the bracket. Bellbrook can close their eyes and walk into the final. They are not the #1 seed there is some politics a foot. Although love to see CJ knock them off. If Alter gets by Dunbar, they get Trotwood and if get by them (don't think they will) they get Badin. They will definitely earn it.
I have feeling Bellbrook won’t even make it out of the top of the bracket. I have a feeling a lot will play out a bit different than expected.. No sense crying now let’s play. Good luck everybody..

2013 7th seed played in the ship, 2016 7th seed played in the ship, 2019 7th seed Won the ship. Again the crying has to stop now it’s time to play. If Badin is that good it should not MATTER where they are placed, can you dig it??? I mean that’s how we play football, 1st, 2nd, 3rd round, Qtr, Semi, etc.. We lining up against whoever.

Does anyone see any potential upsets in the first round? Or Any of the top 6 potentially losing their first game?

I think Wapak has the best chance of a lower seeded team winning their first game. They lost to Shawnee by only 2 points in the regular season.