DIII Chardon vs Columbus St Fancis DeSales Updates - 11/21

What a great game to watch on tv, finally we got an exciting game, after three blow outs, congrats Chardon

Great Game - I commend Chardon on their drive and will power. It would have been so easy to fold the tents several times. After the long TD runs they got hit with, the TDs that were called back, etc. - just an amazing come from behind win. It was a devastating loss for the Stallions and it's hard not to feel for them. I felt both teams got way to tight and conservative in OT - Chardon just made one more play then Desalles did.

Great Game - I commend Chardon on their drive and will power. It would have been so easy to fold the tents several times. After the long TD runs they got hit with, the TDs that were called back, etc. - just an amazing come from behind win. It was a devastating loss for the Stallions and it's hard not to feel for them. I felt both teams got way to tight and conservative in OT - Chardon just made one more play then Desalles did.
About the Coaches being conservative in OT, Brent Musberger and Dan Fours from Waterboy would wholeheartedly agree.

About the Coaches being conservative in OT, Brent Musberger and Dan Fours from Waterboy would wholeheartedly agree.

Both teams really played things close to the vest. I know there was a state championship on the line - but the play calling became very conservative. Why DeSalles ran the ball right up the middle when they were having success outside the tackle surprised me. Chardon did much of the same. They put alot of pressure on those poor kickers. Chardon gave their kicker a stright on look - DeSalles did not do their kicker any favors on that last kick with that tough angle.

Both teams really played things close to the vest. I know there was a state championship on the line - but the play calling became very conservative. Why DeSalles ran the ball right up the middle when they were having success outside the tackle surprised me. Chardon did much of the same. They put alot of pressure on those poor kickers. Chardon gave their kicker a stright on look - DeSalles did not do their kicker any favors on that last kick with that tough angle.
Yes, great call on the angles. I did notice that last night.

Exciting high school football game. I watched on Spectrum TV last night. I began rooting for DeSales (because they beat Alter), but changed my loyalty to Chardon after seeing their no-quit comeback. Both teams were champion level, but Chardon gained the momentum at the end and it carried them to the win. Congrats to both teams. That's what a championship game should be like.